Undermine (originally called Temple Catacombs) is an official map for the Gem Grab event.
Undermine had a Brawlidays version named Snowball Fight.
This map consists of an open middle section and is bush heavy on the left and right section of the map. Walls separate the middle section from the upper/lower sections of the map. There are not many defensive walls as the walls are more of obstacles than defenses. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- As one should normally do in Gem Grab, the Gem carrier will stay in the middle to collect the Gems, while the support Brawlers either stay with the Gem carrier or split off to the left and right sides of the middle section. Ideally, each Brawler would take one side to defend or push back the enemy team from progressing forward or at least from the Gem carrier.
- Always try to check the bushes for enemy aggressive short-range Brawlers, especially when the countdown starts.
- Use the middle walls when taking cover, but be aware of any Brawlers in the bush heavy sections.
- When the countdown begins, the ideal spot to retreat is the bushes behind the walls on your side.
- Great supports include Pam, Sandy, and Poco. Sandy may need to go through the side lanes to charge his Super.
- Medium-ranged Brawlers such as Mr. P and Tara work extremely well. You may need to use them to counter Brawlers with high spread.
- Brock with his Incendiary Star Power can control 5 bushes on the enemy side and can destroy the side bushes with his Super which most of his counters rely on.
- Using Carl as a lane Brawler in this map offers very good value as he has one of the widest attacks in the game and he doesn't have the most range, so spam your attack and take the enemy lane Brawler down (if your enemy lane is a Colette, Amber, or Spike, switch lanes immediately as they are some of Carl's biggest counters).
- Rico can go to the left lane and he becomes a big threat to the enemy team as he can camp in that lane's bushes. He becomes into a bigger threat with his Super Bouncy Star Power because he can deal more damage. Once Rico has his Super charged, he can easily get his Super again, making him a very good choice and constantly getting enemies to low health, or even defeating them.
- Rosa can do very well on this map especially with her Plant Life Star Power and either Gadget. Other heavyweights like Bull and El Primo are also good. However, at high Trophy matches, players will be checking the bushes constantly, so heavyweights may not be viable.
- Another good Brawler is Leon, who can use his Super to ambush enemies with his massive damage at point-blank range. His Lollipop Drop Gadget can be placed behind the walls near the center.
- On 14/06/17, Temple Catacombs was added to the game.
- On 05/12/18, Temple Catacombs was renamed to Undermine. Undermine was widened by 4 tiles. Undermine was tweaked to reduce the amount of bushes at the side.
- On 29/01/19, Undermine was tweaked to revert the last change.
- On 18/12/19, Undermine was removed from the game.
- On 17/03/20, Undermine was added back to the game.
- On 12/06/21, Undermine was featured in the China Anniversary Challenge as a Stage I map.
- On 16/06/21, Undermine was featured in the Season 3 Power League as a Gem Grab map.
- On 25/08/21, Undermine was once again featured in the Season 4 Power League as a Gem Grab map.
- On 03/11/21, Undermine was no longer featured in the Season 5 Power League as a Gem Grab map.
- On 01/03/22, Undermine was removed from the game.