Tick is a Common Brawler who is unlocked as a Trophy Road reward upon reaching 4000 Trophies. He has low health but high damage potential, and attacks by lobbing three time bombs that detonate after a delay or when a target is within their blast radius. His Super launches his head, which chases after the nearest target and deals splash damage and destroys cover on impact. His Gadget, Backup Mine, allows him to dash ahead and leave behind a single mine. His first Star Power, Well Oiled, allows him to naturally heal faster than normal. His second Star Power, Automa-Tick Reload, increases the reload speed of his main attack.
When Tick attacks, he throws a large projectile over walls, splitting into three mines that spread over a large area. If a target is in close proximity to a mine, it will explode, dealing moderate damage. Otherwise, it will explode after 2 seconds. The mines take a while before landing, and his reload speed is incredibly slow; however, the damage of all three mines together is immense.
When Tick uses his Super, he detaches his head, launching it over walls. After a small delay, the head will find and chase the nearest enemy Brawler like a homing missile. Upon reaching its target, it will explode, dealing devastating damage while breaking nearby walls and bushes. However, if it is destroyed before it reaches a target, it will explode prematurely but can still destroy walls and bushes.
Gadget: Backup Mine
Tick dashes 3 tiles in the direction he faces, while dropping behind a single mine that acts identical to that of his main attack. He cannot dash across water and will be interrupted if he dashes into a wall. The mine deals 700 damage and does not charge Tick's Super.
Normally, Brawlers will start regenerating health 3 seconds after being hit. However, Tick will start regenerating health 1 second after taking damage or using his attacks.
Tick reloads his main attack slightly faster than normal, allowing him to throw more mines and keep enemies out of the area.
- Tick has the lowest health of any Brawler in the game. Hence, keep a long distance from enemy Brawlers. Hiding behind walls is recommended since his attacks can be lobbed over walls.
- Tick is very good as a control Brawler. Throw his mines where the enemy will go instead of trying to do damage to them. This forces them back, because if they step on all 3 of his mines they will take a huge amount of damage.
- Tick's mines when thrown directly towards the border of the map will cause the mines to hit the edge of the map and the mines will be in a straight row. Leading an enemy near the border of the map and throwing mines at the wall can have the opponent walk into the mines in a straight line.
- Do note that enemies can see his mines, unlike Bo's mines. Tick's mines go off after two seconds, unlike Bo's that stay there, until he uses his Super again or they are set off.
- Tick's head can inflict splash damage that can also destroy bushes and walls. His head can easily be destroyed, so use it against enemies low on health to force them to attack and stop them from recovering or an enemy who has used up all his ammo, or a Brawler very close to him.
- Tick is vulnerable to large bush areas that can be found in matches like Snake Prairie and Cavern Churn. Brawlers like Bull and El Primo can come out of the bush and defeat Tick easily when he is close. However, Tick has an advantage in bush areas. He can use his Super in bushes and his head would detect and damage the closest enemy without the target noticing.
- Tick's head blasts without dealing any damage if a Brawler (such as El Primo, Crow, or Piper) jumps over it, so release the head after these Brawlers use up their Super.
- In the game modes that spawn items (for example, Gem Grab and Siege), Tick can be used similarly to Barley in order to prevent enemies from reaching the Gems or Bolts.
- Tick can also prevent enemies from getting other items by throwing his mines around them. For example, he can prevent enemies from getting Power Cubes in Showdown, the ball in Brawl Ball, and the blue star in Bounty.
- Since Tick has the lowest health in the entire game, he would be more helpful to use in Duo Showdown rather than Solo Showdown. He can lure or annoy the enemies by placing mines all around them, and then the other teammate (preferably someone with more health and/or damage) can finish that enemy off.
- Frank or Tara are very effective when paired with Tick (excluding Duo Showdown) because their Supers stun/pull multiple enemy Brawlers, allowing Tick to do maximum damage with his attacks and Super.
- Tick has a longer range then the other throwers, so it is easier to control the field using Tick.
- In Showdown, if possible, it is an effective strategy to use Tick to trap opponents in the gas. Keep deploying mines at any possible exit points until they die to the gas. If they escape, he should be able to finish them off with his Super.
- Try not to spam all 3 of his shots in a choke point or high traffic area (Gem Spawner, Ball, etc). Use his attacks wisely to force enemies to move to a certain position, or create opportunities to push forward by spreading his mines over a large area.
- If he is being chased, try to throw his mines behind him as auto-attacking will be useless. In other situations he should deploy his mines where enemies will step.
- Whenever he is facing tanks, save his Super mainly for defending against rush attacks. Since Tick is quite weak, hide behind walls and keep his distance.
- In Gem Grab and Siege, Tick is not recommended to hold the pickups, as his low health means he can be dispatched quickly and lose the pickups.
- Mortis counters Tick (and any other thrower) easily, due to the fact that he can dash around, avoiding their attacks. If he is being pressured by a Mortis, he can use his Backup Mine Gadget or Super to either get away and deal a tiny bit of damage or knock them back and deal huge damage.
- In Duo Showdown, an allied Gale or Gene can push/pull enemies into Tick's mines, dealing massive damage.
- Note that unlike most throwers, Tick's mines do not land more quickly or slowly depending on where he threw them, so when being chased, throw mines further ahead of him while using his Gadget to dash ahead, hopefully shaking them off.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
- Tick was added to the game.
- Tick's Star Power Automa-Tick Reload was added.
- Tick's main attack mine explosion radius was increased by 11%.
- His head no longer homes to targets or explodes on targets that are in the air.
- Tick's Automa-Tick Reload time was decreased to 13% (from 15%).
- Tick's main attack mine explosion radius was decreased by 6%.
- His mines duration was decreased to 1.6 seconds (from 2 seconds).
- His mines are now deployed in a fixed pattern on the ground.
- Tick's mines duration was increased to 2 seconds (from 1.6 seconds).
- His Automa-Tick Reload time was decreased to 10% (from 13%).
- Tick's main attack damage was increased to 680 (from 640) per mine.
- Tick's Gadget Backup Mine was added.
- Tick's main attack pattern is now correctly mirrored for both teams.
- The King Crab Tick skin was added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge his Super was decreased to 6 (from 9).
- Tick's head will now return to Tick if there are no enemies present on the battlefield.
- Tick's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Tick's reload time was increased to 2.3 seconds (from 2.2 seconds).
- His Automa-Tick Reload time was decreased to 9% (from 10%).
- The Snowman Tick skin was added.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani • Edgar|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout • Byron|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy • Amber|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette • Lou • Colonel Ruffs|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Brawl Stars Championship|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins • Map Maker|