The Brawl-o-ween version named Acid Lakes for use in the Showdown game mode and is currently in use. Also, this map has been updated differently.
Thousand Lakes has a small amount of cover around the lakes and is generally very open. There is very little strategic points besides the middle, which is almost always the place to be.
- Make sure to check in the two parallel rows of bushes before going to the middle, as it is a perfect place to bush attack.
- A long range brawler like Colt or Bo will work well for this map.
- However, attempting to control the middle too early in the game could lead you being targeted by every brawler outside the middle.
- The bushes bordering the map are often underestimated when it comes to camping, especially the Western/Eastern ones.
- If you spawn near the bottom at the square-shaped bush area, be wary. Oftentimes that area is used as bait due to the 2x2 sandstone formations in its corner making certain tiles hard to scout.