Tara is a Mythic Brawler with a moderate amount of health and damage. She attacks by throwing three tarot cards that pierce through her enemies and spread out, therefore dealing the most damage at close range. For her Super, she throws a black hole that quickly pulls in enemies within a short range, then explodes, dealing moderate damage. Her first Gadget, Psychic Enhancer, allows Tara and her teammates to see enemies that are hiding in bushes or invisible for a short amount of time. Her second Gadget, Support From Beyond, summons three shadowy versions of Tara with low health and damage that chase down enemies, have quick melee attacks, and disappear after a short amount of time. Her first Star Power, Black Portal, allows her Super to summon a smaller, shadowy version of Tara with moderate health and damage that chases down enemies and has quick melee attacks. Her second Star Power allows her Super to summon a shadowy figure similar to that of her first Star Power, that heals teammates.
Attack: Triple Tarot
Tara throws three tarot cards simultaneously that can pierce through multiple targets. This attack has a long range, a slight spread, and a relatively slow reload speed. Due to the spread of her attacks, she deals the most damage at close range, though it is relatively easy to hit targets with at least two of the cards even at a range.
Tara throws a card that becomes a black hole that pulls every enemy within 4 tiles of it for 0.7 seconds. After 1.4 seconds, it will explode, dealing moderately low damage to all enemies caught in the explosion. This also breaks walls.
Upon activation, this Gadget allows Tara, as well as her teammates, to see every enemy visible on their screen, including those hiding inside bushes or invisible enemies, for the next 4 seconds. However, if Tara is defeated, the effect is cut short. If an enemy is revealed while this Gadget is active, they will be notified by a small yellow eye icon, similar to Leon's and Sandy's visibility warning, next to their health bar.
Support from Beyond
When Tara uses this Gadget, she summons three shadowy figures in a triangular formation around her that follow and attack the closest enemies. They have 800 health each and deal 500 damage within a range of 1.67 tiles every 0.6 seconds. These shadows automatically despawn after 6 seconds.
When Tara uses her Super, a shadowy, smaller version of herself appears after the Super's explosion. This minion is similar to Nita's bear, but with lower health and higher damage. This minion has 3000 health and deals 800 damage with a range of 1.67 tiles every 0.6 seconds. It has a fast movement speed, making it an immediate threat to enemy Brawlers.
When Tara uses her Super, a shadowy, smaller figure of herself appears after the Super's explosion. This minion has 2400 health and heals 400 health every 0.6 seconds with a max range of 5 tiles to a single ally nearby. When nobody with missing health is nearby, it will run to the nearest teammate without maximum health. Note that the shadow only heals the ally that has missing health and is closest to it, not the ally with the least amount of health.
- Her main attack can be really useful when many rival Brawlers are gathered in a small area since it not only deals damage to more than one enemy but helps to build up her Super faster.
- When being pursued by fast Brawlers like El Primo or Crow, it is wise to throw Tara's Super behind them, pulling them away from you so that you can escape. If being chased by a low-health Brawler, you can then surprise them by unloading all three of your attacks quickly, as Tara deals reasonably high damage at close range. Don't try this with high health brawlers as Tara does not have enough damage and does not reload fast enough to kill them before they kill you. Instead, chip away at their health from a range, using your Super to pull them near you to finish them off.
- Once Tara's Super is charged, try to pull in as many enemies as possible, attacking them while they are being pulled in. Hitting enough Brawlers allows her to quickly charge another Super.
- In Showdown, a strategy that can be used is to hide in a bush. After a while, find two enemy Brawlers fighting each other and strike. Use her Super to gather them together and finish them off with her main attack.
- It is crucial to conserve Tara’s ammo before using her Super. Because enemies are drawn towards the middle of her Super, they will not be able to attack for a short period; letting Tara use attacks on her opponents without being attacked. Also, bear in mind that her ammunition reload speed is rather slow, so allow extra time to pass if her ammo is exhausted and she is about to spring an attack.
- Tara can be effective in Brawl Ball if she has her Super after a goal has been scored, as she can take out the whole enemy team when they are clustered together at the start of a round. Her Super can also be used to drag in enemies in front of the enemy goal, potentially destroying enemy cover and setting up an opportunity to score.
- Tara's Super is very useful if paired with other Supers, such as Dynamike's Super, Frank's Super, or Spike's Super. Tara can draw enemies together with her Super so that her teammate can hit multiple enemies with theirs. These combos can deal a massive amount of damage and wipe out the enemy team.
- If there are a cluster of Power Cubes, find a bush nearby and use it as bait. Wait until an enemy comes to collect them, then use Tara's Super to delay them from reaching the Power Cubes. When you collect the Power Cubes, finish them off with her main attack.
- Tara's Black Portal Star Power shadow has very low health, but has a good damage output, can run extremely fast, and can detect Brawlers hiding in bushes, making it more of a scouting tool rather than an offensive Star Power. It can also be a valuable offensive attack on the Heist safe.
- Tara's Healing Shade shadow has very low health, but a decent amount of range and a high amount of healing. As long as enemies are kept away from the shadow, it can provide lots of extra health for your team. However, this might put you at a disadvantage on maps where bush concealment is crucial since the shadow will produce healing effects that reveal your location to enemies.
- If Tara has her Healing Shade Star Power and her teammate(s) are low on health, it's better to throw a portal away from enemies so that Tara's shadow can heal longer. Throwing the portal into a crowd of people is always a great technique, but the shadow will get taken out much faster. Decide how to use her Super based on the situation, if you have this Star Power.
- In Brawl Ball, surprise enemies by using the destruction radius at the center of her Super to break a hole in the wall in most maps. This feature of her Super is especially useful if her teammates are long-ranged Brawlers or Brawlers with high spread, as freeing up the map allows them to control larger areas and be more effective when pressuring the enemy team.
- Tara's Psychic Enhancer Gadget is great in maps with lots of bushes, like Snake Prairie and Cavern Churn. It works better with teammates like Bull, who can creep up on enemies in bushes exposed by Tara’s Gadget whilst being entirely concealed.
- Tara's Support from Beyond Gadget is very useful in Heist. If all three shadows attack, they can deal incredibly high amounts of damage to the safe as long as no other enemy is in range, the shadow summoned from her Black Portal Star Power can add some extra damage.
- You can also use Tara's Support from Beyond Gadget to tank shots from single target brawlers such as Piper or Bea.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
- Tara was added to the game.
- Tara's health was decreased to 700 (from 800).
- Her reload time was increased to 2 seconds (from 1.8 seconds).
- Her main attack range was decreased to 8 tiles (from 8.67).
- Tara's Super damage was increased to 140 (from 100).
- Her health was increased to 800 (from 700).
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Tara's Black Portal Star Power was added.
- Tara's Black Portal Star Power minion health was increased to 2000 (from 1600).
- Her Black Portal Star Power minion no longer scales with Showdown Power Cubes or when Tara is a Big Brawler in Big Game.
- Tara's Super damage was increased to 800 (from 560).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Tara's base movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds were increased by 9%.
- Tara's main attack projectile size was increased.
- Tara's main attack damage was decreased to 380 (from 400) per card.
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was increased to 13 hits (from 12).
- Tara's Black Portal minion damage was increased to 400 (from 200), and its health was increased to 2400 (from 2000).
- Tara was remodeled and given voice lines.
- Tara's Healing Shade Star Power was added.
- Tara's Healing Shade Star Power minion no longer heals Brawlers that have full health.
- Her Black Portal minion's health was increased to 3000 (from 2400).
- The Iris Tara skin was added.
- Tara's main attack damage was increased to 420 (from 380) per card.
- Her Black Portal Star Power minion damage was increased to 600 (from 400).
- Her Healing Shade pet now heals invisible targets.
- Tara's Black Portal Star Power minion damage was increased to 800 (from 600).
- Tara's class was changed to Fighter (from Skirmisher).
- The Street Ninja Tara skin was added. It was featured as a Lunar Brawl 2020 skin.
- Tara's Psychic Enhancer Gadget was added.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Psychic Enhancer Gadget from revealing all enemies in the map.
- Tara's health was increased to 3400 (from 3200).
- Tara's main attack damage was increased to 460 (from 420) per card.
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was decreased to 12 (from 13).
- Tara's Black Portal Star Power minion will return to Tara if there are no enemies present on the battlefield.
- Tara's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Tara's health was decreased to 3200 (from 3400).
- Her Psychic Enhancer Gadget duration was decreased to 4 seconds (from 5 seconds).
- Fixed a bug that didn't take in account of Tara's Healing Shade Star Power for healing Quests.
- Tara's Support from Beyond Gadget was added.
- Tara Street Ninja Tara, and Iris Tara received facial animations.
- The Misfortune Tara skin was added.
- Tara's class was changed to Damage Dealer (from Fighter).
- Tara's Support from Beyond Gadget minion health was decreased to 800 (from 1000).
- Tara's main attack damage was decreased to 440 (from 460) damage per card.
- The Tempest Tara skin was added. It was featured as a Lantern Brawl skin.