Swirling Storm is a community map for the Gem Grab event.
The map's center obstacles resembles an oval form and forces diagonal gameplay. Bushes around the center have walls pointed towards them limiting the effectiveness of long-ranged Brawlers. Near the spawns are two bush clusters with walls lining a part of them. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Throwers like Barley or Tick can control the Gem mine using its confined nature to trap enemies inside. Throwers will be very useful on this map because of the mass amount of walls that they can hide behind.
- Heavyweight and thrower counters work well on this map. Shelly can poke from a distance and destroy some of the enemy outer walls to allow sharpshooters to snipe enemies down.
- Darryl can camp in the patch of bushes on the right until their Super is charged. Afterward, he can use it to roll to the Gem mine to finish off any Brawler that is trapped within the storm.
- Bo can place his mines on the Gem mine and finish Brawlers off as well. If he has 10 or more Gems, he can act as effective bait.
- Only play Piper if your teammates can destroy walls, as otherwise the walls will hinder her and many other sharpshooters.
- Sprout can be very useful on this map because it can utilize its Super to block enemy choke points and use its Garden Mulcher Gadget to heal from the high amount of bushes on this map. You can also go to the walls to attack from a safe distance.
- Penny can be great here because once you get her Super, she can hide it in the bushes behind a wall so no brawlers can hit it unless they get in your base.
- On 18/12/19, Swirling Storm was added to the game.
- On 17/03/20, Swirling Storm was removed from the game.