Surge is a Chromatic Brawler who can be unlocked as a Brawl Pass reward at tier 30 from Season 2: Summer of Monsters or from Brawl Boxes. He has moderate health and moderate damage output but has a great amount of damage potential. His main attack fires a shot of juice that splits upon hitting an enemy. His Super grants him various upgrades and boosts to his attacks and movement speed. His Gadget, Power Surge, teleports Surge a small distance in the direction he is facing and allows him to pass through obstacles. His first Star Power, To the Max!, allows his projectiles to split even when it does not hit any enemy. And Serve Ice Cold makes Surge respawns with his stage 1 upgrade instead of reverting back to his initial state.
Attack: Juice of JusticeSurge fires a shot that splits in two at 90-degree angles when it hits an enemy. Each of the split shots will deal half the damage and Super charge of the initial shot. When upgraded to stage 2 with his Super, Surge's attack range increases. Likewise, his attack splits into 6 projectiles instead of 2 with the additional stage 3 upgrade, with 3 projectiles firing in a wide arc on each side. These split shots continue on their trail for an additional 5 tiles.
Super: Party TricksSurge flies up into the air, knocking enemies back and dealing damage in a small radius upon landing. In addition, Surge becomes upgraded, along with an altered appearance. Surge's upgrades reset if he is defeated or if a goal is scored in Brawl Ball. Additionally, a military-like rank icon will appear beside his health bar that represents his current upgrade stage. This icon can be seen by Surge's teammates and enemies.
|Boosted movement speed|
|Increased weapon range|
|Main attack splits into 6 projectiles (instead of 2)|
Gadget: Power SurgeSurge instantly teleports up to 4 tiles in the direction he is facing. He can teleport even if there is an obstacle in the way. If more than 4 tiles is required to bypass an obstacle, Surge will not teleport and instead stays where he is, but still consumes a Gadget charge. Surge cannot be damaged while teleporting.
To the Max!Surge's main attack now also splits if it hits a wall or when reaching maximum distance whether it hits an enemy or not.
Serve Ice ColdAfter using one Super and then being defeated, Surge respawns with his stage 1 upgrade instead of reverting back to his initial state.
- His Gadget can be used for a quick escape by teleporting behind a wall and staying behind it for cover. His Gadget can also be used to "phase" through an attack, therefore protecting himself.
- Surge's Gadget is also extremely effective for offensive maneuvers. When facing Brawlers on low health or a Brawler with a throwing attack such as Dynamike behind a wall or obstacle, he can use his Gadget to teleport through it and finish them off.
- When Surge's Super is activated, he can momentarily dodge any projectiles approaching him. Use their Super at just the right moment to avoid a potentially devastating attack.
- At stage 3 with To the Max!, Surge can deal more damage with his split attack than with his initial shot. If it is aimed right next to the enemy at max range, it will miss and split into 6 projectiles. Three of these projectiles can hit the enemy, dealing a large amount of damage.
- Charging his Super and surviving are the two most important things to note when playing Surge. An effective combination would be Bo and Surge in Duo Showdown.
- Surge’s attacks with his To The Max! Star Power can go around walls, making it a good poking tool for checking bushes or Brawlers retreating behind a wall.
- At stage 0, Surge is an easy target for throwers. Staying out of range or simply avoiding throwers increases Surge's chance of survival until he reaches stage 1. After upgrading himself for the first time, Surge can counter their attacks with his very fast movement speed which quickly turns him into a threat.
- In 3v3 events, such as Brawl Ball, conserving a charged Super until after respawn can provide a vital speed boost immediately after Surge is able to rejoin in the action.
- A great way to use his Gadget effectively in Showdown is to jump onto enemy Brawlers that Surge can reliably burst down. Use the Gadget to get in range of a Brawler that Surge can defeat with three shots. All three main shots are enough to charge Surge's next Super.
- In Showdown, his To the Max! Star Power is recommended because his Serve Ice Cold Star Power is only activated once Surge is defeated. His To the Max! Star Power gives better value overall if Surge can land his shots consistently.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"Surge for the win!"
"Feel the Surge!"
"It's party time."
"To protect and Surge."
"I'm so awesome!"
"Surge? Surge? SURGE!"
"Surge Surge Surge Surge!"
"You got juiced."
"Go go go go!"
"I got the juice."
"Take it easy bruh."
"I'm all out of juice."
"You got served."
"Somebody call for Surge?"
"Surge and destroy."
- Surge and his Mecha Paladin skin were added to the game.
- A bug allowing Surge to activate his Super without spending the Super charge was fixed.
- Surge’s Star Power Serve Ice Cold was added.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Championship Challenge|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins|
|Available content appears in blue. Unavailable or removed content appears in gray and are kept for historical purposes.|