Substitute is an official map for the Brawl Ball Event.
The map is very maze-like. With cacti blocking the center, it is difficult to directly attack. There are 12 sections of the map with walls and bodies of bushes, 2 L-shaped obstacles parallel to each other as well as 2x3 blocks beneath each of them. Each goal has a barrier made of wooden boxes in front of them with sections of grass next to it. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Since the map is closed, playing heavyweight Brawlers like Jacky or El Primo are good options as they can use the amount of walls and bushes to their advantage to get up on sharpshooter Brawlers.
- As well as heavyweight Brawlers being good options, so would throwers like Sprout or Barley, as they too can use walls to their advantage to lob projectiles over said walls.
- A good Brawler to use on this map would be Rico, as his bullets can enable him to damage enemies while staying relatively safe himself.
- Splitting up is critical on this map as switching lanes becomes more difficult the closer Brawlers are to the center.
- Gadgets or Supers that destroy walls are strategic options, but it may be wiser to adapt to the scenery and use the unusual layout against the enemy team.
- On 15/12/20, Substitute was added to the game.
- On 27/1/21, Substitute was removed from the game.