Stormy Plains is an official map for the Showdown event.
The map is confined to wall clusters with open space only located in the bushes growing around the edges of the map. A few Power Cube boxes can be found in pairs, however most of them are found spread out evenly in the center cluster. 2x2 and 3x2 bush patches are placed in-between wall clusters as well. The map has no symmetry.
- The map's layout forces Brawlers to excel in medium to long-ranged combat. However, close-ranged Brawlers can find some cover somewhere close to (but not at) the center.
- Beware of getting ambushed when getting your first Power Cube box in Solo Showdown. The bushes makes such attacks common for anyone going for their first box.
- Throwers such as Tick or Dynamike can use the map's confined nature to trap lone Brawlers. Assassins have a natural above average movement speed and may be the ones trapping you instead.
- Barley with his Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget can be used at chokepoints to defend himself from heavyweights trying to kill you using the chokepoints.
- Carl can use the wall clusters to quickly break boxes and chip enemy Brawlers. Rico can provide a similar effect, but he can also use walls to check bushes in unorthodox angles.
- The entire bottom section's bushes are connected, this is an ideal location for heavyweights. However, short-ranged Brawlers shouldn't linger in the outskirts for too long.
- In Duo Showdown, make sure your team composition works both in the center and periphery of the map.
- Bea is a great choice for this map as her attack is pretty wide so she can hit enemy brawlers without them dealing damage to her. Paired with either Gadget and her Honeycomb Star Power, she can survive longer in both Duo Showdown and Solo Showdown.
- Rosa can be viable on this map, due to her Unfriendly Bushes because of the amount of bushes. However, keep in mind, less bushes will appear as the poison covers majority of the map. Play aggressively when heading for boxes near the bushes, while playing passive when the smoke starts to get near the center.
- On 14/6/17, Stormy Plains was added to the game.
- On 20/6/17, Stormy Plains was tweaked to reduce the amount of bushes.
- On 27/9/18, Stormy Plains was removed from the game.
- On 29/1/19, Stormy Plains was added back to the game. Stormy Plains was affected by the Angry Robo Modifier.
- On 18/12/19, Stormy Plains was removed from the game.
- On 10/9/20, Stormy Plains was added back to the game without a Modifier.