Spring Trap is a community map for the Gem Grab event.
There is a launch pad on top of the spawn wall, which launches Brawlers towards the center of the map. Bushes are placed at the center bottom and top protected by fencing. These bushes curve toward square lakes. Near the lakes are 3x3 bushes also covered by walls blocking them off from the center. Towards the opposite sides of these walls are larger lakes with bushes bordering the sides. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Use heavyweights to dominate the Gem mine and sharpshooters on the outer walls to snipe anyone trying to flank.
- If the center top is controlled, use the enemy's launch pad as an advantage by having teammates camp near the spot where the enemy Brawlers land. A team's combined power will knock out the unlucky Brawler quickly, charging up their Supers and giving them time to collect Gems.
- With close-range, high-damaging Brawlers, such as El Primo, Shelly, and Bull, go on the launch pad and go straight into the enemy's bush and surprise attack the enemy team. Only do this if teammates are aware of the enemy's location as feeding opponents is not a good option.
- Nita is good in this map due to her moderate damage output and health. Nita's bear can be a good diversion and her Bear Paws Gadget can giv time to collect some Gems or to defeat the Brawler if they have a decent amount of Gems. Her Bear with Me Star Power can be useful to heal Nita and collect some Gems. Her sHyper Bear Star Power, on the other hand, makes the bear even a greater distraction.
- The best Brawlers for this map are control based such as Nita, Jessie, Poco, and Mr. P. Only use heavyweights if you are comfortable with avoiding unnecessary damage.
- Jacky is a useful Brawler for her high health and damage output. Jacky serves as a good alternative for other heavyweights such as Rosa. Use her Hardy Hard Hat Star Power and her Pneumatic Booster Gadget to burst enemies down. Do not collect Gems unless it is unavoidable. Doing so limits the ability for her to be aggressive.
- Jessie is good at damaging Brawlers that are often clumped up in this map, and her Super can be used as a distraction. Her Spark Plug Gadget is useful at slowing down Brawlers, and her Energize Star Power is recommended because of the healing capabilities as well as the option to scout Brawlers hiding in bushes. If the center is completely controlled, the launch pad may be needed to launch Scrappy and Spark Plug on landing.
- Gale is useful on this map as he can use his Super to force enemies onto the jump pads, making them predictably land at one location to take down. Use his Blustery Blow Star Power to make his Super stun enemies and raise the success rate of this strategy.
- On 27/02/19, Spring Trap was added to the game.
- On 21/05/19, the environment of Spring Trap had changed from Mine theme to Retropolis theme.
- On 23/10/19, the environment of Spring Trap had changed from Retropolis theme to Mortuary theme.
- On 16/11/19, Spring Trap was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2019 as a Semifinals map against Tribe Gaming vs NOVA Esports and 3Bears vs Animal Chanpuru.
- On 18/12/19, Spring Trap was removed from the game.
- On 17/03/20, Spring Trap was added back to the game. The environment of Spring Trap had changed from Mortuary theme to Darryl's Ship theme.
- On 26/03/20, a maintenance update had fixed the crash issue that caused three days earlier when playing on Spring Trap.
- On 02/07/20, the environment of Spring Trap had changed from Darryl's Ship theme to Mine theme.
- On 10/09/20, Spring Trap was removed from the game.
- On 27/04/22, Spring Trap was added back to the game. The environment of Spring Trap had changed from Mine theme to Canyon theme.