Spring Trap is a community map for the Gem Grab event.
There is a launch pad on top of the 4 tile spawn wall, which launches Brawlers towards the center of the map. Bushes are placed at the center bottom and top protected by fencing. These bushes curve toward 3x3 lakes. Near the lakes are 3x3 bushes also covered by walls blocking them off from the center. Towards the opposite sides of these walls are larger lakes with bushes bordering the sides. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Use heavyweight Brawlers to dominate the gem mine and sharpshooters on the outer walls to snipe anyone trying to flank.
- If the center top is controlled, use the enemy's launch pad as an advantage by having teammates camp near the spot where the enemy Brawlers land. A team's combined power will knock out the unlucky Brawler quickly, charging up their Supers and giving them time to collect gems.
- With Brawlers such as El Primo, Shelly, Bull, etc go on the launch pad and go straight into the enemy's bush and surprise attack the enemy team. Only do this if teammates are aware of the enemy's location as feeding opponents is not a good option.
- Nita is good in this map for her moderate damage output and health. Nita's bear can be a good diversion and her Gadget Bear Paws can stun an enemy Brawler, giving time to collect some gems or to defeat the Brawler if he/she has a decent amount of gems. Her first Star Power Bear with Me can be useful to heal Nita and collect some gems. Her second Star Power Hyper Bear makes the bear even a greater distraction.
- A rather fun strategy that will nearly always grant you as the star player is to stand on top of the launch pad and summon Big Baby Bear. That way, both you and the bear get launched. Big Baby Bear acts as a tank while you can use your attacks to blast the enemies. If you're using the Star Power Bear with Me you can potentially heal them, while with Hyper Bear you can do massive damage to any unsuspecting gem carrier. Keep attacking till you get your Super again (which if done correctly should happen fairly quickly). Then go back to the launch pad and repeat.
- Other than Nita, you can also use Jessie, Penny, Pam, Tick, 8-BIT, or Tara (with her Star Power) to launch your Super and yourself on the launch pad together. However, neither of these Brawlers aside from Pam will likely survive the landing.
- The best Brawlers for this map are control based such as Nita, Jessie, Poco, and Mr. P. Only use heavyweights if you are comfortable with avoiding unnecessary damage.
- Jacky is a useful Brawler for her high health and damage output. Jacky serves as a good alternative for other tankier Brawlers such as Rosa. Use her second Star Power Hardy Hard Hat and her Gadget to burst an enemy down. Do not under any circumstance collect the gems unless it is your only option. Doing so limits the ability for her to be aggressive.
- Jessie is good at damaging Brawlers that are oftentimes clumped up in this map, and her Super can be used as a distraction. Her Gadget Spark Plug is useful at slowing down Brawlers, and her first Star Power Energize is recommended because of the healing capabilities as well as the option to scout Brawlers hiding in bushes. If the center is completely controlled, the launch pad may be needed to launch Scrappy and Spark Plug on landing.
- Gale is useful on this map as he can use his Super to force enemies onto the jump pads, making them predictably land at one location to take down. Use Blustery Blow, his first Star Power, to stun enemies, and raise the success rate of this strategy.
- On 27/2/19, Spring Trap was added to the game.
- On 21/5/19, the environment of Spring Trap had changed from Mine theme to Retropolis theme.
- On 23/10/19, the environment of Spring Trap had changed from Retropolis theme to Mortuary theme.
- On 16/11/19, Spring Trap was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2019 as a Semifinals map.
- On 18/12/19, Spring Trap was removed from the game.
- On 17/3/20, Spring Trap was added back to the game. The environment of Spring Trap had changed from Mortuary theme to Darryl's Ship theme.
- On 26/3/20, a maintenance update had fixed the crash issue that caused three days earlier when playing on Spring Trap.
- On 2/7/20, the environment of Spring Trap had changed from Darryl's Ship theme to Mine theme.
- On 10/9/20, Spring Trap was removed from the game.