Shelly is a Common Brawler that is unlocked upon beginning the game. She has moderate health and damage output. Her shotgun deals more damage the closer she is to her target, making her excellent for short combat. Her attacks have a wide spread as well. Her Super can clear several obstacles and will also knock back enemy Brawlers, similarly dealing more damage at close range. Her first Gadget, Fast Forward, allows her to dash a few tiles in the direction she is facing. Her second Gadget, Clay Pigeons, narrows the width and increases the range of her shots for the next 5 seconds. Her first Star Power, Shell Shock, makes her Super momentarily slow down enemies. Her second Star Power, Band-Aid, gives her a bar that charges over a time of 15 seconds and, when fully charged, resets and heals her when her health falls below 40%.
Shelly fires a burst of shells that deal rather low damage by themselves, but deals a lot of together. The attack is more effective at close range since more of the shells will hit the enemy, but the range of her attack is quite far. This allows Shelly to excel in close-quarters combat, especially against Brawlers with lower health and/or short-ranged attacks.
Super: Super Shell
Shelly's Super fires a damaging burst of shells which can not only destroy obstacles but also knock back enemy Brawlers. It is similar to her main attack in that the shells spread out, and deals massive damage at close range.
Shelly dashes 3.33 tiles in the direction she is facing when she uses this Gadget. Dashing into walls or water will cut the dash short.
For the next 5 seconds, Shelly's main attacks will have their spread decreased by two third and their range increased to 10 tiles. A Gadget symbol will glow above Shelly's head signaling this Gadget's usage, as well as a glowing attack joystick. This Gadget's cooldown starts after the attack is shot.
Enemies hit by Shelly's Super Shell are slowed down by a considerable amount for 4.5 seconds.
Shelly gains a bar similar to Bibi's Home Run bar, which takes 15 seconds to charge completely. If Shelly falls below 40% health, she instantly heals for 2000 health, and the bar resets. However, if Shelly has over 40% health and gets defeated in one blow by a high-damage Brawler like Bull, her Star Power will not activate, and she will have to wait another 15 seconds to get Band-Aid back after respawning, regardless of if it was charged or not. The amount of health healed from Band-Aid is not affected by Showdown Power Cubes.
- Shelly is best in maps with lots of bushes and walls as you can hide in a bush and camp. However, be careful when using her Super, as it does destroy walls and bushes, which could prove fatal to teammates if they need the cover to hide behind.
- The spread on Shelly's attacks allows her to sweep bushes and expose any enemies hiding in them.
- Take advantage of walls when approaching long-ranged Brawlers, such as Colt or Rico (for Rico, try to avoid having a large assortment of walls by and behind you that he could bounce his projectiles on), since they can out-range and take down Shelly with ease in the open.
- Shelly is an excellent counter to tanks with her Super. Shelly can chain Supers on the tanks and stun-lock them, making them unable to fight back. However, Shelly is helpless in close-quarters combat without her Super due to the tanks’ superior health and damage, so try to have your Super charged up before you face tanks.
- Defeating assassins with Shelly can be tricky, To defeat such Brawlers, use your Fast Forward Gadget to get closer to the long-ranged assassins and defeat them at close quarters, however, this is circumvented if the respective assassin escapes, such as Stu’s dash. For close-ranged assassins, focus on landing your shots correctly to quickly defeat them.
- Shelly's Clay Pigeons Gadget can be used directly after using her Super at mid-range. While the enemy gets knocked back, Shelly is able to hit all bullets with her Gadget to provide maximum value, using more shots in the 5 second duration if needed. This is especially effective when combined with her Shell Shock star power, allowing Shelly to land even more shots and easily take down foes, usually getting her Super back in the process.
- Shelly is moderately good in Brawl Ball. She can destroy walls blocking the enemy's goal and allow your team to score more easily. A tactic some people use is shooting the ball and immediately using her Super to break any obstacles that can block the ball from getting into the goal, surprising the defending enemies.
- Shelly's Super has the ability to interrupt other Brawlers' Supers because it knocks them back. For example, she can stop Frank from using his Super if she hits him with her Super during his wind-up. This can be made more deadly by waiting in a bush and ambushing.
- Shelly is capable of chaining her Super. This is done by using her Super against an enemy Brawler at point-blank range. This will charge her Super such that she needs only one more main attack to have her Super ready again, allowing her to move on to the next Brawler to repeat the process, gaining and using Supers in quick succession. This proves to be an effective counter against tanks except for Bull and Darryl.
- Using her Shell Shock Star Power, she can slow down Brawlers trying to escape, allowing her and/or her teammates to catch up and eliminate them.
- In Duo Showdown, there are a lot of useful team combinations, like the Shelly and Tara team and the Shelly and Gene team. If Tara uses her Super to drag enemies toward her, Shelly (with Super) can advance toward the disabled enemies and use her Super. As for Gene and Shelly, if Gene pulls the enemy Brawler towards Shelly, Shelly can use her Super to defeat the enemy.
- If Shelly is at low health and is being chased by a Brawler, she can use her Super to knock back the Brawler and gain a bit more time to escape. This works even better if she has Shell Shock since that way, she can also slow them down for a few seconds.
- Shelly's Clay Pigeons Gadget channels and increases the range of her shots, making it easier to charge Supers. In mirror matches or against medium-ranged Brawlers, this can be helpful, but her Fast Forward Gadget can give Shelly more opportunities. It allows her to get in close range to enemies and ambush them, potentially surprising enemies if she dashes from a bush. Sometimes though, you will find yourself using Clay Pigeons in situations where an enemy on low health is out of your normal range and you need to finish them off (like when they have a countdown or to secure a quick elimination in Bounty or Knockout).
- In Duo Showdown, if you have a teammate with ranged jumps, dashes or charges like El Primo with his jump, you can charge up your Super and then get defeated. Then, when you are just about to respawn, your teammate can get near an enemy team with their ability so that you respawn next to the enemies. Then, use your Super to defeat them, chaining Supers if needed. Your post-spawn immunity will protect you while you do this. If your teammate is a squishier Brawler like Crow, they may jump slightly further away from the enemy and you can use your Fast Forward Gadget to get near to the enemy. Timing is vital in this, because if your teammate jumps too early or late it can either become useless or fatal. However, if timed and aimed correctly, this will result in a team-wipe as it works well regardless of the number of Power Cubes the enemy has. Do not use this against Brawlers like Darryl or Bull as they can charge or roll away from you, respectively, before you respawn.
- Shelly can slow down the entire enemy team with her Shell Shock Star Power, making way for a potential team wipe with the help of allies that can deal splash damage. In Showdown, this can be used to catch up with longer-range Brawlers if they get hit by her Super.
- When using Shelly's Gadget Clay Pigeons, you may use your super to knock enemies back right after activating the gadgets, and spam your attack shots, as the enemies has been knocked back, they cannot escape from the shots, dealing massive damage and possibly defeating them. It is better to equip her Shell Shock Star Power when using this strategy.
- Similar to Colt's Super, projectiles from Shelly's Super will disappear after breaking a wall. Keep this in mind if you are trying to use Shelly's Super to defeat a brawler behind a wall, because the opponent will take less damage due to some of the bullets being absorbed by the wall.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"¡Así me gusta!"
"Let's go get 'em."
"Let's do this."
- Shelly's reload time was increased to 1.5 seconds (from 1.25 seconds).
- Her main attack range was decreased to 6.67 tiles (from 7.67 tiles).
- Her main attack shells have a larger spread.
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Shelly's Shell Shock Star Power was added.
- Shelly's Shell Shock Star Power slow duration was decreased to 2.5 sec (from 3 sec).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Shelly's movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Shelly's main attack damage was decreased to 300 (from 320).
- Shelly's health was increased to 3600 (from 3200).
- Shelly's main attack range was increased to 7.33 tiles (from 6.67 tiles).
- Shelly and Bandita Shelly were remodeled, and the Star Shelly skin was added.
- Star Shelly became available to every user until 1/1/19.
- Shelly's main attack range was increased to 7.67 tiles (from 7.33 tiles).
- Her main attack projectile speed was increased by 5%.
- Shelly's Shell Shock Star Power slow duration was increased to 3.0 seconds (from 2.5 seconds).
- Shelly's Band-Aid Star Power was added.
- Shelly's Band-Aid Star Power healing was decreased to 2000 (from 5040).
- Shelly's Band-Aid Star Power healing was decreased to 1800 (from 2000).
- Shelly's animations were reworked.
- The Witch Shelly skin was added. It was featured as a Brawl-o-ween skin.
- Shelly's Fast Forward Gadget was added.
- The PSG Shelly skin was unlockable by winning the PSG Cup 2020 in-game challenge.
- Shelly's facial animations were reworked.
- Shelly's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Shelly's Clay Pigeons Gadget was added.
- Shelly's health was increased to 3800 (from 3600).
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was decreased to 2 (from 3).
- Her Super charge rate was slightly decreased from her Super attack.
- Shelly's Shell Shock Star Power slow duration was increased to 4 seconds (from 3).
- Shelly's Band-Aid Star Power now charges in 15 seconds (from 20 seconds).
- Bandita Shelly and Witch Shelly received facial animations.
- Shelly's Fast Forward Gadget range was increased to 3.33 tiles (from 3).
- Her Shell Shock Star Power slow duration was increased to 4.5 seconds (from 4).
- Her Band-Aid Star Power healing was increased to 2000 health (from 1800).
- Shelly’s Clay Pigeons Gadget projectile speed was increased by 20%.
- Shelly's Latin America Master League skins were added.
- Shelly's Clay Pigeons Gadget was reworked from affecting Shelly's next attack to increase her range for her attack for the next 5 seconds.
- The Princess Shelly skin was added. It was featured as a Brawl Pass Season 8 exclusive skin.
- Shelly's class was changed to Damage Dealer (From Fighter).