Sapphire Plains is an official map for the Gem Grab event. The map was removed from the game altogether in subsequent updates since its release with the Bounty map Snake Prairie acting as its replacement.
Sapphire Plains is a map that is covered with bushes except for the wall clusters, the centers and the water in the corners of the map. They are left empty for spawning Brawlers and the open area which is left empty for Gems to spawn.
- This map is perfect for tanks and assassins which should stay in the bushes to ambush the opposing team. If they are ranged they should check since the ranged assassins tend to have low health.
- At higher trophy levels the viability of tanks and assassins starts to fall off due to the prevalence of things that hinder their stealth such as Bo's Star Power Circling Eagle and the destruction of the bushes that they rely on for sneaking up on Brawlers.
- Rosa's Star Power, Plant Life, is very useful on this map. Rosa can take out long-range Brawlers while healing inside a bush.
- Brock is an excellent Brawler for the map at higher trophy ranges. Brock can use his fire after his rocket explodes. Brock's Super can destroy a whole area of bushes making it harder for the enemy to sneak up on you. If a short-ranged Brawler manages to sneak up on you, you can use your Gadget Rocket Laces to jump away, deal damage and knockback the enemy Brawler.
- Sprout's Star Powers can both be very useful on this map. Sprout is nearly always protected at the start of the game with Photosynthesis. Allowing it to be very aggressive, and the fact that it keeps the shield after leaving the bush allows it to quickly grab gems in the middle whilst also staying protected. Its other Star Power, Overgrowth, allows for a larger attack radius for scouting out enemies hidden in bushes. Sprout's Garden Mulcher Gadget is also useful because there are a lot of bushes. Sprout's Super makes it harder and prevents the enemies from chasing him and his teammates if his team has 10 gems.
- Crow would also be good on this map since his wide attack and poison can help find Brawlers. Stick close to your teammates so that if the other team finds you, they'd also find the rest of the team. Use the Vision gear to gain more time to find the enemy.
- Sharpshooters and throwers aren't recommended in this map unless there is a way to remove the bush areas, or using the Super to attack unsuspecting targets.
- Brawlers that have a radius cone of shooting (e.g Bo) are recommended here.
- Piper, even if she has low health, she can result the team to win, she needs to use her Ambush Star Power to perform exceptionally well. Even if she doesn't have it, she still can snipe from distances and not encounter enemies close to her. If that happens she can use her Super to fly away in a safe area or she can use her Auto Aimer Gadget. She is also great for destroying large swaths of bush with her Super, making it more difficult for the opposing team to sneak up on her and her teammates. She can camp in a bush that is far but in range of Piper to the gem spawner. When an enemy comes, she can snipe the enemy.
- Grom can use his Watchtower gadget to scout enemies, place his gadget behind the walls to make it harder to be destroyed. His Foot Patrol Star Power also allows him to chase enemies and take the gems faster. Grom can also destroy the bushes to give advantage for long rangers for their team.
- Leon is strong here, as he does more damage up close, and his clones can seek enemies in the bushes. His Smoke Trails Star Power is better to reach an enemy quicker, but his Invisiheal Star Power should be equipped if you aren't that great at dodging or have survivability issues.
- Bo with his Star Power, Circling Eagle, is very good in this map as it allows Bo and his teammates to see in bushes in a wider range. He can also use his hidden mines to locate enemy brawlers in the bushes. Bo also synergizes very well with another great brawler on this map. He can also put his mines on the gem mine to bait them into the gem mine and the mines will explode.
- Tara can use her Gadget, Psychic Enhancer, for her and her teammates and watch all the enemy's position. If she use her first Star Power, Black Portal, her shadow, like Bruce, will chase and found an opponent enemy for hit him even if they hide in bushes. Like all other Gem grab's map, her Star Power Healing Shade will be very useful for help she or her teammates if they are low health. At end game, if the enemy has 10 gems, Tara can use her Super for grab enemies, kill them and flee.
- Janet can fly away with her Super with all the gems. Not only that, but when using her Super with the Stage View Star Power equipped, she and all allies can see all enemies in bushes within a large radius of tiles from herself.
- Shelly is very useful on this map because of how much damage she does when she's in front of a Brawler. Her Super does a lot of damage to teammates sticking together and as well as it takes down the bushes, making it easy to detect Brawlers. The same goes for Bull.
- Spike with his Curveball Star Power can be used for bush-checking around corners, as well as maintaining damage output for the heavyweight meta very present in this map. His Super should only be used if he or his teammates are able to kill off whoever you're targeting it at.
- A good strategy for this map is to stick close to your teammates, especially for shotgun Brawlers. This way you can take down Brawlers from the enemy team quickly when you run into each other.
- If you are in the lead, it is useful to destroy bushes in a manner so that the opposing team must walk out into the open in order to enter your side of the map, ruining their element of surprise.
- Throwers are good on this map because they can throw over walls, but they usually have low HP. Stay close to your teammates when playing as a thrower.
- Eve can collect all the gems and then camp on the water area. Her Happy suprise star power and her babies can track enemies.
- On 01/03/22, Sapphire Plains was added to the game.