Safe Zone is an official map for the Heist event.
This map favors long-ranged Brawlers as there is little protection on both of the safes against far-traveling projectiles. The map's safes are surrounded by bushes lining the middle and stretching towards the sides. Only through the middle lane can Brawlers access each teams' safes. There are two lakes siding the side lanes. The safe has no protection and is hence a great map for sharpshooters. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- A good strategy for this map is to hide in the bush right in front of the safe and defend the narrow gap between the water bodies with a Brawlers whose attacks spread, like Poco or Pam or Sandy.
- If teammates are going through the middle lane, wait on the side lanes until they finish crossing as otherwise Brawlers with pierce attacks can finish clumped up Brawlers quickly.
- The left lane lake can be shot across with a long-ranged Brawlers without taking the risk of using the middle lane strait.
- As these Brawlers will be closest to the middle lane, they should prioritize offense. Colt is a great defender if enemies are trapped or unable to move.
- Refrain from using heavyweights as this map favors sharpshooters and mid-range Brawlers.
- If you are playing sharpshooters like 8-BIT, Brock, or Colt, it is better to stay in the left lane from where you can easily target opponent's safe.
- Brock's Rocket Fuel Gadget can be used to destroy the group of 4 barrels and cacti by the water on your own side, which is mainly used as shelter from the opponents while they attack your safe.
- Thrower's like Barley and Tick can be used to block the choke points near the enemy spawn so the enemy team cannot cross over easily.
- Sprout can block off the mid lane on the opponents side. This will force the enemy team to go all the way around.
- Piper is a great Brawlers to use as the map is relatively open and there is direct access to the safe.
- A key point for winning is to control the center as much as you can. The center serves as a major route to the safes and hence, controlling the center leads to great offense as well as defense.
- Jessie and Penny are extremely good on this map because of the fact that they can hit multiple Brawlers with one shot. Jessie’s bouncing shot can hit all three enemies at once because of the fact that there is one narrow passage from spawn to the enemies safe. Penny is also extremely good because her attacks can deal high damage to enemies that travel in a line, which is often seen in this map. Jessie’s and Penny's Supers are also extremely good because Penny's can be used to bombard the safe, while Jessie’s is extremely good for crowd control. Jessie’s Shocky Star Power can be used to bounce from enemy to enemy to deal even more damage. Penny's Balls of Fire Star Power is also extremely helpful for crowd control.
- On 14/6/17, Safe Zone was added to the game.
- On 4/9/17, the HP of the Safe had been decreased by 1200.
- On 16/1/18, the HP of the Safe had been increased.
- On 21/5/18, Safe Zone was tweaked to implement Heist 2.0.
- On 5/12/18, Safe Zone was widened by 4 tiles. Safe Zone was tweaked to open up one way to the Safe.
- On 29/1/19, Safe Zone was tweaked to remove the protective barrier of the Safe.
- On 18/12/19, Safe Zone was removed from the game.
- On 10/9/20, Safe Zone was added back to the game. The environment of Safe Zone had changed from Canyon theme to Arcade theme. Safe Zone was tweaked to replace the crates on the top and bottom of the map with road cones.
- On 21/11/20, Safe Zone was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2020.
- On 27/1/21, the environment of Safe Zone had changed from Arcade theme to Snowtel theme.
- On 7/4/21, the environment of Safe Zone had changed from Snowtel theme to Actionshow theme. Safe Zone was featured in the Season 2 Power League as a Heist map.
- On 15/5/21, Safe Zone was featured in the May Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage III map.
- On 16/6/21, Safe Zone was once again featured in the Season 3 Power League as a Heist map.