Rosa is a Rare Brawler who has high health and a high damage output. Her attack is a flurry of three short-ranged punches from her boxing gloves. Her Super grants her a momentary but significant damage-reduction shield. Her first Gadget, Grow Light, spawns bushes around herself. Her second Gadget, Unfriendly Bushes, instantly slows and slightly damages all enemies inside bushes. Her first Star Power, Plant Life, heals her over time when she’s inside bushes. Her second Star Power, Thorny Gloves, adds extra damage to her attack while her Super is active.
Attack: Hands of Stone
Rosa throws a flurry of three short-ranged, piercing punches in a wide arc, dealing moderately high damage. Since she has a short range, Rosa must maintain close range of her targets in order to damage them. The attack takes 1.05 seconds to complete, which slightly hinders her ability to deal immediate damage.
Super: Strong Stuff
Upon activation, Rosa gains a shield that reduces all damage she takes by 70% for 3 seconds, along with an altered appearance.
Upon activation, Rosa instantly grows a 3-by-3 section of green bushes where she is standing. These bushes stay indefinitely unless they are destroyed by any obstacle-destroying ability, the Supers of Sprout or Amber, after a goal is scored in Brawl Ball, or after a round is over (in certain events). They can’t grow over obstacles or beneath the safe in Heist.
When activated, all bushes briefly turn purple and enemies inside bushes immediately take 100 damage and get slowed for 3 seconds. Since the damage briefly reveals them, this Gadget is great for detecting enemies inside bushes.
Rosa heals 200 health for every second she’s inside a bush.
While Rosa's Super is active, Rosa's attack gains 220 extra damage per punch, giving a total of 660 more damage per attack.
- Rosa thrives in Showdown. When using her Super, she can take on Brawlers like Bull who would normally defeat her in a close-quarters fight by utilizing the enormous damage reduction provided by her Super and still expect to come out on top. Rosa is also an excellent bush-camper when her Plant Life first Star Power is equipped. With Plant Life, she can hide in bushes where she heals and can attack nearby enemies while healing.
- In Brawl Ball, you can use her Super before collecting the ball and then walk the ball into the goal to score. Her high health, above-average movement speed and ability to perform team-wipes with her Super make her very viable in this mode. However, be wary while walking the ball into the goal because many Brawlers have stuns, pulls, pushbacks, or knockbacks that can prevent you from scoring.
- Rosa and El Primo have the same movement speed, but Rosa's range is slightly longer and wider, meaning that she’s able to escape and attack him while being out of his range. This technique can also be used when fighting opposing Rosas. Walk away from the Rosa while also attacking towards them, and they should walk into your punches. You should also avoid attacking when the Rosa uses her shield, as you’ll waste ammo and deal little to no damage to the Rosa.
- Rosa’s Super has an extremely high damage reduction but has a rather short duration, so make sure not to overestimate its power, especially if you’re on low health. However, if you’re in a tough situation, immediately activate her Super so you can attack the enemy with ease while taking little to no damage, which can prevent an inadvertent loss. This gives you a better chance of staying alive or even defeating the enemy.
- If she can surprise the other team (in any mode) while her Super is active, Rosa can continuously chain Supers, wiping the enemy team. However, remember the shield doesn’t make her invincible and it’s possible for defeat against a high-damaging team composition containing the likes of Nani or Griff.
- Rosa's Plant Life Star Power allows her to heal 200 health per second while in a bush. Be sure to use this when fighting another Rosa which allows her to out-heal the enemy while still damaging them. She can even use Plant Life to counter tick damage such as Crow's poison.
- It is advisable to use Rosa’s Plant Life Star Power on maps where there are many bushes and her Thorny Gloves Star Power on maps where there are less bushes.
- In Duo Showdown, be sure to have a team composition that can cover Rosa's weakness of range. The most obvious choices are any mid/long-ranged Brawlers, these include Brock, Piper, Colt, or even Carl in some maps.
- Rosa’s Grow Light Gadget can be used to add and connect bushes to make it easier for her to ambush enemies. When paired with her Plant Life Star Power, Rosa can use her Grow Light Gadget to passively heal herself when wounded in battle.
- Rosa's Unfriendly Bushes Gadget can be used to briefly reveal all enemies hiding in bushes due to it dealing 100 damage at an indefinite range. Combined with a Speed Gear, Rosa can locate and engage the enemy quickly due to the enemy being slowed down and the speed boost from the Speed Gear.
- Rosa is a tank, so she counters assassins under the right circumstances. With the exception of Edgar, you can usually engage other assassins at 1-tile distance and defeat them, so always maintain close quarters with them. In the case of Edgar, keep a few tiles distance because he out-damages Rosa while she out-ranges him.
- Rosa is easily countered by control Brawlers, which are mid-range Brawlers that can pushback, knockback, pull, slow, or stun with their Supers, have a high damage output and usually low health, such as Emz and Spike. It’s best to avoid these Brawlers unless you know the odds are in your favor.
- Rosa excels in 3v3 modes, especially in Gem Grab and Hot Zone. She works well as a Gem carrier in Gem Grab because of her fast movement speed, healing abilities, high damage output, and high health. She can also be used to protect and tank shots for allied Gem carriers. Because she excels in close-quarters combat but out-ranges the other melee Brawlers in the game, she’s also a decent choice for Hot Zone. She’s also a decent pick for Siege and Heist due to her high health, extreme survivability, and high damage output.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"Aloe aloe aloe."
"Botany for the win!"
"Haha! Beaten by a boxing botanist!"
"Time to take care of the weeds!"
"I rose to the occasion!"
"You're having a laugh!"
"Ready for composting."
"Time to blossom!"
"Rosa is my name, botany is my game!"
"You grow girl!"
"Weed 'em and reap!"
"Petals to the meadow!"
"Leaf me alone."
"Make like a tree and leaf."
"Weed 'em and reap, darling."
- Rosa became available to play in the Training Cave.
- Rosa became available to play in matches.
- Rosa's Super shield protection was decreased to 70% (from 80%).
- Her Super's duration was decreased to 4 seconds (from 6 seconds).
- Fixed a bug with an enemy Rosa's shield effect not being displayed correctly.
- Rosa's Super duration was decreased to 3 seconds (from 4 seconds).
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was increased to 10 (from 9).
- Her Plant Life Star Power healing was decreased to 200 (from 300).
- Rosa's main attack effect now better matches the area where damage is dealt.
- She was given voice lines.
- Rosa's main attack damage was decreased to 460 (from 480) per punch.
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was increased to 11 (from 10).
- Rosa's Thorny Gloves Star Power was added.
- Rosa's health was increased to 5200 (from 5000).
- Rosa's health was increased to 5400 (from 5200).
- Her Thorny Gloves Star Power bonus damage was increased to 220 (from 200).
- Rosa's Grow Light Gadget was added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was decreased to 9 (from 11).
- Rosa's winning animation was reworked.
- Rosa's Grow Light Gadget now always spawns green grass regardless of the map theme.
- The Brawl-o-ween Rosa skin was unlockable by winning the Brawl-o-ween in-game challenge.
- Rosa's Unfriendly Bushes Gadget was added.
- Rosa and her Brawl-o-ween skin received facial animations.
- Fixed a bug that applied Rosa's face onto her plant's face.
- The Coco Rosa Skin was added.
- Rosa's class was changed to Tank (from Heavyweight).
- Rosa's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- The Major Rosa skin was added. It was featured as a Brawl Pass Season 10 exclusive skin.
- The Mantis Rosa skin was added. It was featured as a Biodome skin.
- Fixed an issue with Mantis Rosa's visual effects.