In the Robo Rumble Event, three players battle against many waves of robot enemies to protect a safe. The first wave starts immediately and each wave lasts 13 seconds after that. Robo Rumble is an unranked mode, so Trophies cannot be earned or lost, and Tickets are required to play the event.
There are four types of robot: a "melee robot" with high health and fast attacking speed but short range and slow movement speed, a "shooter robot" with low health, moderate movement speed, slow shooting speed but long range and fast projectile speed, a "mini robot" with moderate hitpoints, short range, medium attacking speed but very fast movement speed, and a "boss robot" with very high hitpoints and damage. The boss robot has a melee attack and can shoot rockets, and one arrives on waves 7, 14, 21 and 28. After wave 28, there will be no further boss robots for the duration of the match. After a boss robot arrives, all robots after that have increased health and damage. If the robots are not destroyed after 90 seconds, they’ll become enraged and gain extra movement speed.
|Version||Melee Robot Health / Damage||Sniper Robot Health / Damage||Mini Robot Health / Damage||Boss Robot Health / Damage|
|Normal||4800 / 480||3000 / 630|
- Jessie: Since the robots often group up, Jessie can use her attack to hit multiple robots at once, dealing consistent damage. She can also use her turret to deal with any type of bots effectively, in addition her star power can help the turret stay alive for longer.
- Pam: Pam has really high damage if all her scrap pieces hit a single target, she can also use her healing station to keep teammates alive.
- El Primo and Frank: Not only that both El Primo and Frank have the highest HP in the game which can allow them to protect lower HP brawlers, they can also deal very high damage which makes them really effective against all bots, in addition, they can use their super to stun/knockback the bots, allowing them and their teammate more time to deal with the bots.
- Respawn time is 10 seconds instead of the normal 5, so it is important to stay alive.
- Don't be separated from your team. Try to stay close and destroy as many robots as you can.
- Robo Rumble is an awesome way to get lots of Tokens. A peak reward of 32 Tokens per Ticket is achieved at a time of 6:15.
- If you're using Pam, make a "base" with the healing turret plus any other spawnables.
- Brawlers who can destroy walls (i.e. Shelly or Brock) may pose a disadvantage in this mode since this leaves the safe more open for damage from robots.