Rico (formerly Ricochet) is a Super Rare Brawler with low health but a moderately high damage output. Both his attack and Super fire bullets that can bounce off of walls and continue traveling. If used correctly, Rico can defeat enemies around walls without coming under enemy fire. His first Gadget, Multiball Launcher, blasts waves of bouncy bullets all around himself. His second Gadget, Bouncy Castle, allows his next attack to heal him each time one of its bullets bounces off of a wall. His first Star Power, Super Bouncy, grants extra damage to his bullets from his attack or Super if they bounce. His second Star Power, Robo Retreat, increases his movement speed when his health falls below 40%.
Attack: Bouncy Bullets
Rico fires a burst of five bullets with a slight spread that can bounce off of walls. Each bullet can bounce up to 3 times, and they each gain 1.67 tiles of additional range for every bounce. This attack takes 0.95 seconds to complete.
Super: Trick Shot
Rico’s Super fires a larger, longer-ranged burst of twelve piercing bullets with a slight spread that can bounce off of walls. Each bullet can bounce up to 3 times, and they each gain 1.67 tiles of additional range for every bounce. Even though the bullets can pierce through enemies, they can only damage enemies once. This Super takes 1.35 seconds to complete.
Rico blasts two waves of piercing bullets with a range of 12 tiles all around himself that each deal 320 damage. These bullets behave identically to his Super's bullets, but last for a shorter period. Even though the bullets can hit multiple enemies, they can only damage enemies once.
Activating this Gadget allows Rico’s next attack to heal him for 250 health each time one of its bullets bounces. This counts for multiple bounces from one bullet, and at most, Rico can heal for 3750 health from this Gadget. A Gadget symbol will glow above Rico's head signaling this Gadget's usage, as well as a glowing attack joystick. This Gadget's cooldown starts after this attack is shot.
If Rico's bullets (from either his main attack or his Super) bounce off of a wall, they glow and deal 124 additional damage. The bullets can only be supercharged once, and enemies will take regular damage if the bullets aren’t bounced.
When Rico's health falls below 40%, he runs 34% faster, allowing him to move much faster than most Brawlers and escape enemies more easily. This speed boost disappears when his health restores above 40%.
- When shooting off of a wall at a fleeing enemy, move towards the place you’re shooting to increase the range of your bullets so that you can hit more of them. If they’re hiding in bushes, move side-to-side while shooting off of the wall to cover more ground with your bullets.
- Because Rico can bounce his shots off of walls, which increases each bullet's range for every bounce, he’s outstanding on enclosed maps such as Cavern Churn whereas other sharpshooters would have difficulty hitting shots due to the abundance of walls.
- Though difficult to perform, Rico can chain his Super if every bullet from his Super successfully hits an enemy Brawler. This is more practical if Rico hits several enemies in a single Super.
- Rico's Super Bouncy Star Power grants his bullets an extra 124 damage upon bouncing. While it doesn’t seem like much additional damage for each bullet, when all five bullets are bounced, an additional 620 damage is added, making his total damage 2860. Similarly, a bounced Super will deal a total of 6864 damage. This encourages Rico to bounce shots off of walls for them to deal more damage (especially in maps like Snaked Assault and Turnaround) where he has the potential to bounce his shots from a safe distance. However, don’t shoot Rico's Super directly onto a target and expect the bullets to deal damage to the target again when they bounce off of another wall, as his Super’s bullets only deal damage once, and to properly use this Star Power, you must bounce the Super off of a wall in such a way that the bounced shots hit the target and not the normal shots.
- Rico's Robo Retreat Star Power allows Rico to perform guerrilla tactics by rushing into fights and then escaping when you’re on low health. Doing so allows more of your bullets to hit enemies due to the increased accuracy. If you’re a good sniper, you should back away from fights and attack from a distance. If you’re a good dodger, you can keep firing to prevent Rico from healing and stay below 40% health to use the speed buff to dodge enemy fire and even outrun fast Brawlers like Mortis and Crow.
- Rico is an outstanding asset for Special Events. In these modes, he can provide continuous fire to the robots with his high damage and very fast reload speed while staying out of danger by attacking the robots around walls. His Robo Retreat Star Power is also useful when waiting for teammates to respawn or to outrun the Boss and its attacks. In addition, his piercing and high-damaging Super allows him to significantly damage the robots.
- Rico’s Multiball Launcher Gadget deals high damage if all of the bullets hit. However, it’s very inconsistent as the bullets spread out from him, so it’s best to use this Gadget at point-blank range so all of the bullets can hit a target. However, this Gadget is mainly used in an enclosed area where the bullets will bounce multiple times and guarantee a hit to an enemy trapped in the area.
- Rico’s Bouncy Castle Gadget makes bouncing shots off of walls a necessity due to the healing applied to each bounce, and the healing can assist him in modes like Bounty where one’s intent is to secure defeats without being defeated. It’s extremely useful when you’re on low health and hitting an enemy behind a wall, as it can heal you while damaging the enemy. However, in order to heal significantly, you’ll need to bounce the bullets off of multiple walls, so it’s never wrong to use the Gadget in the intention of healing and not damaging enemies, given Rico's very fast reload speed.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
Guard: "I do not come in peace."
"I do not come in peace."
Guard: Rico laughs
Guard: "You hurt me."
"You hurt me."
Guard: "I am not sorry."
"I am not sorry."
Guard: "Domination mode engaged."
"Domination mode engaged."
Guard: "Ready for battle."
"Ready for battle."
Guard: "I am ridiculously amazing."
"I am ridiculously amazing."
Guard: "That was painful."
"That was painful."
Guard: Rico laughs
Guard: Rico gives a weak cry
Rico gives a weak cry
Guard: "Playtime is over."
"Playtime is over."
Guard: "Let's go."
Guard: "Robot power."
Guard: "Ow ow ow!"
"Ow ow ow!"
Guard: "I got you."
"I got you."
Guard: "Owawa owawa ow."
"Owawa owawa ow."
Guard: "Danger. Danger."
Guard: "Do not run away."
"Do not run away."
Guard: "Total pwnage."
Guard: "Why did you do that?"
"Why did you do that?"
Guard: "You have been eliminated."
"You have been eliminated."
Guard: "Game over."
Guard: "Unleashing ultimate power."
"Unleashing ultimate power."
Guard: "Go team."
Guard: "I got skills to pay the bills."
"I got skills to pay the bills."
Guard: "You are a hacker."
"You are a hacker."
Guard: "I will be back."
"I will be back."
Guard: "Run away, think of your future."
"Run away, think of your future."
Guard: "Teamwork for the win."
"Teamwork for the win."
Guard: "That must have hurt."
"That must have hurt."
Guard: "Just a regular day at the office."
"Just a regular day at the office."
Guard: "You lose. I win."
"You lose. I win."
- The number of bullets in Ricochet's main attack was increased to 5 (from 4).
- Ricochet's health was increased to 600 (from 500).
- Ricochet's rarity was changed from Rare to Super Rare.
- Ricochet's health was increased to 700 (from 600).
- His reload time was decreased to 1 second (from 1.25 seconds).
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Ricochet's Super Bouncy Star Power was added.
- Ricochet's Super Bouncy damage increase was decreased to 80 (from 100).
- Ricochet’s Super Bouncy visual effect was changed.
- Ricochet's health was decreased to 2400 (from 2800).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Ricochet's base movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Ricochet's main attack range was slightly decreased to better fit the screen.
- Ricochet's bullets now travel further every time they bounce by 2 tiles.
- His projectile size was increased.
- Ricochet's reload time was increased to 1.2 seconds (from 1 second).
- Ricochet's main attack and Super damage were decreased to 300 (from 320).
- Ricochet's main attack and Super damage were decreased to 280 (from 300).
- Ricochet's main attack range was decreased to 9.67 tiles (from 10 tiles).
- His bounce range was decreased to 1.67 tiles (from 2 tiles).
- Ricochet's main attack and Super damage were increased to 300 (from 280).
- Ricochet and Gold Medalist Ricochet were remodeled.
- Ricochet was renamed to Rico.
- Gold Medalist Ricochet was renamed to Loaded Rico and now costs 150 Gems (from 30).
- Rico's flavor text was changed from "A former Pool Bot made obsolete by a newer model, Ricochet is banking on his amazing angle-calculation skills to become a great Brawler." to "Rico fires a burst of bullets that bounce off walls. His Super burst is a long barrage of bouncy bullets that pierce targets!"
- The Popcorn Rico skin was added.
- Rico's main attack and Super damage was increased to 320 (from 300).
- His Star Power damage boost was increased to 100 (from 80).
- Rico's Robo Retreat Star Power was added.
- Rico's animations were reworked.
- Rico's health was increased to 2600 (from 2400).
- The Ricochet skin became available for every user to claim until 1/1/20.
- Rico's Multiball Launcher Gadget was added.
- The Guard Rico skin was added.
- Rico's Multiball Launcher Gadget was retextured.
- Rico's jacket was retextured.
- Rico's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Rico's health was increased to 2800 (from 2600).
- His Super Bouncy Star Power now adds 124 extra damage (from 100) to his attack and Super.
- Rico and his skins received facial animations.
- Rico's Bouncy Castle Gadget was added.
- Rico's Bouncy Castle Gadget healing was decreased to 250 (from 300).