Rico (formerly Ricochet) is a Super Rare Brawler with low health and a moderately high damage output. Both his attack and Super fire unique bullets that can bounce off of walls and continue traveling. When properly used, this ability allows Rico to defeat enemies around walls without coming under enemy fire. His first Gadget, Multiball Launcher, rapidly blasts waves of bouncy bullets around himself in 8 directions. His second Gadget, Bouncy Castle, allows his next attack to slightly heal him every time one of its bullets bounces off of a wall. His first Star Power, Super Bouncy, adds extra damage to his bullets from his attack or Super if they bounce. His second Star Power, Robo Retreat, increases his movement speed when his health falls below 40%.
Attack: Bouncy Bullets
Rico fires a burst of five bullets with a slight spread that can bounce off of walls. Each bullet can bounce 3 times, and the bullets each gain 1.67 tiles of additional range for every bounce. This attack takes 0.95 seconds to complete.
Super: Trick Shot
Rico’s Super fires a larger, longer-ranged burst of twelve bullets with a slight spread which can continue traveling after hitting an enemy and can bounce off of walls 3 times for an additional of 1.67 tiles for every bounce. The bullets pierce through enemies, but can only damage enemies once. This Super takes 1.35 seconds to complete.
Rico fires two waves of bullets with a range of 12 tiles in 8 directions around himself that each deal 320 damage. These bullets act identical to his Super's, but last for a shorter period. Each bullet can also hit multiple enemies, but can only damage enemies once.
When Rico activates this Gadget, his next attack heals him for 300 health each time a bullet from that attack bounces. This counts for multiple bounces from one bullet, and at most, Rico can heal for 4500 health from this Gadget. A Gadget symbol will glow above Rico's head signaling this Gadget's usage, as well as a glowing attack joystick. This Gadget's cooldown starts after this attack is shot.
If Rico's bullets (from either his main attack or his Super) bounce off of a wall, they glow and deal 124 bonus damage. The bonus damage must be added once, or enemies take regular damage, and the bullets can only be supercharged once.
When Rico's health falls below 40%, he runs 34% faster, allowing him to move much faster and escape enemies more easily. The effect disappears when his health restores above 40%.
- When shooting off of a wall at a fleeing enemy, move towards the place you’re shooting to increase the range of your bullets so that you can hit more shots. If they’re hiding in bushes, move side-to-side while shooting off of the wall to cover the most area with your bullets.
- Because Rico can bounce his shots off of walls (up to 3 times), which increases each bullet's range 1.67 tiles for every bounce, he is extremely viable on walled maps such as Cavern Churn unlike other sharpshooters who would have difficulty hitting shots due to the abundance of walls.
- Though difficult to perform, Rico can chain his Super if every bullet from his Super successfully hits an enemy Brawler. This is more practical if Rico hits several enemies in a single Super.
- Rico's Super Bouncy Star Power gives his bouncy bullets an additional 124 damage upon bouncing. While it doesn’t seem like much additional damage for each bullet, when all five bullets are bounced, an additional 620 damage is added, making his total damage 2860. Similarly, a bounced Super will deal a total of 6864 damage. This encourages Rico to bounce shots from his attack and Super off of walls for them to deal more damage (especially in Heist maps like Snaked Assault and Turnaround) where he has potential to bounce his shots from a safe distance. Avoid the common mistake of shooting directly onto the safe and expecting it to deal damage to it again when it bounces back, as his Super only deals damage once, and to use his Super Bouncy Star Power properly, you'll have to bounce it off of a wall without hitting the safe in such a way that the bounced shots hit the safe rather than the normal shots.
- Rico's Robo Retreat Star Power allows Rico to perform guerrilla tactics by rushing into fights and then escaping when you’re on low health. Doing so allows more of your bullets to hit Brawlers due to the increased accuracy. If you are a good sniper, you should back away from fights and attack from a distance. For more experienced players/good dodgers, you can keep firing to prevent Rico from healing and stay below 40% health to use the speed buff to dodge attacks and even outrun fast Brawlers like Mortis and Crow.
- Rico is an outstanding asset for Special Events. In these modes, he can provide continuous damage to the robots in each mode with his very fast reload speed and moderately high damage output while staying out of danger if he's able to bounce his shots in such a way he doesn't have to come within range of the robot(s) to hit them. His Robo Retreat Star Power is most useful when waiting for teammates to respawn or to outrun the Boss Robot and its attacks. His piercing and high-damaging Super is useful to hit the mini robots in Robo Rumble and Boss Fight, and allows him to significantly damage the big robots in each mode. In addition, if Rico respawns, he can utilize the invulnerability shield to maintain point-blank range of the Boss in the above modes and then activate his Multiball Launcher Gadget to deal epic damage to the Boss if all bullets hit. This is due to the large hitbox of the Boss in each event, and therefore works on the safe in Heist too.
- Rico’s Bouncy Castle Gadget makes it a necessity for Rico to bounce his bullets off of walls due to the healing applied to each bounce. His Bouncy Castle Gadget is most useful when you’re on low health and hitting an enemy behind a wall, as it can both heal you while damaging the enemy.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
Guard: "I do not come in peace."
"I do not come in peace."
Guard: Rico laughs
Guard: "You hurt me."
"You hurt me."
Guard: "I am not sorry."
"I am not sorry."
Guard: "Domination mode engaged."
"Domination mode engaged."
Guard: "Ready for battle."
"Ready for battle."
Guard: "I am ridiculously amazing."
"I am ridiculously amazing."
Guard: "That was painful."
"That was painful."
Guard: Rico laughs
Guard: Rico gives a weak cry
Rico gives a weak cry
Guard: "Playtime is over."
"Playtime is over."
Guard: "Let's go."
Guard: "Robot power."
Guard: "Ow ow ow!"
"Ow ow ow!"
Guard: "I got you."
"I got you."
Guard: "Owawa owawa ow."
"Owawa owawa ow."
Guard: "Danger. Danger."
Guard: "Do not run away."
"Do not run away."
Guard: "Total pwnage."
Guard: "Why did you do that?"
"Why did you do that?"
Guard: "You have been eliminated."
"You have been eliminated."
Guard: "Game over."
Guard: "Unleashing ultimate power."
"Unleashing ultimate power."
Guard: "Go team."
Guard: "I got skills to pay the bills."
"I got skills to pay the bills."
Guard: "You are a hacker."
"You are a hacker."
Guard: "I will be back."
"I will be back."
Guard: "Run away, think of your future."
"Run away, think of your future."
Guard: "Teamwork for the win."
"Teamwork for the win."
Guard: "That must have hurt."
"That must have hurt."
Guard: "Just a regular day at the office."
"Just a regular day at the office."
Guard: "You lose. I win."
"You lose. I win."
- The number of bullets in Ricochet's main attack was increased to 5 (from 4).
- Ricochet's health was increased to 600 (from 500).
- Ricochet's rarity was changed from Rare to Super Rare.
- Ricochet's health was increased to 700 (from 600).
- His reload time was decreased to 1 second (from 1.25 seconds).
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Ricochet's Star Power Super Bouncy was added.
- Ricochet's Star Power damage was reduced to 80 (from 100).
- His Super Bouncy Star Power's visual effect was changed.
- Ricochet's health was decreased to 2400 (from 2800).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Ricochet's base movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Ricochet's main attack range was slightly decreased to better fit the screen.
- Ricochet's bullets now travel further every time they bounce by 2 tiles.
- His projectile size was increased.
- Ricochet's reload time was increased to 1.2 seconds (from 1 second).
- Ricochet's main attack and Super damage were decreased to 300 (from 320).
- Ricochet's main attack and Super damage were decreased to 280 (from 300).
- Ricochet's main attack range was decreased to 9.67 tiles (from 10 tiles).
- His bounce range was decreased to 1.67 tiles (from 2 tiles).
- Ricochet's main attack and Super damage were increased to 300 (from 280).
- Ricochet and Gold Medalist Ricochet were remodeled.
- Ricochet was renamed to Rico.
- Gold Medalist Ricochet was renamed Loaded Rico and now costs 150 Gems (from 30).
- Rico's flavor text was changed from "A former Pool Bot made obsolete by a newer model, Ricochet is banking on his amazing angle-calculation skills to become a great Brawler." to "Rico fires a burst of bullets that bounce off walls. His Super burst is a long barrage of bouncy bullets that pierce targets!"
- The Popcorn Rico skin was added.
- Rico's main attack and Super damage was increased to 320 (from 300).
- His Star Power damage boost was increased to 100 (from 80).
- Rico's Star Power Robo Retreat was added.
- Rico's animations were reworked.
- Rico's health was increased to 2600 (from 2400).
- The Ricochet skin became available for every user to claim until 1/1/20.
- Rico's Multiball Launcher Gadget was added.
- The Guard Rico skin was added.
- Rico's Multiball Launcher Gadget was retextured.
- Rico's jacket was retextured, adding the X mark on his back.
- Rico's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Rico's health was increased to 2800 (from 2600).
- His Super Bouncy Star Power now adds 124 extra damage (from 100) to his attack and Super.
- Rico and his skins received facial animations.
- Rico's Bouncy Castle Gadget was added.