Red Herring is a community map for the Gem Grab event.
Red Herring has an array of different shaped bushes, with horizontal lines of blocks and two fences in the middle near the gem spawner. At the spawn points there are some bushes with 2 horizontal blocks on top of the bushes and with a horizontal line of 3 blocks at the side of the right bush.
- Throwers such as Tick or Barley are strong on this map because there is a lot of cover which allows them to target enemies relatively safely, however, other throwers and enemies with piercing attacks and wall breaking abilities may still pose a threat.
- Short-ranged Brawlers such as Rosa are viable on this map because they can use the numerous bushes to creep up on unsuspecting and quickly unleash lots of damage in a short amount of time. They can also use the large amounts of cover to hide from long-ranged Brawlers on the enemy team. The bush cluster in the lower left area of the map is an ideal hiding spot for short-ranged Brawlers as they move upward.
- Amber is also a viable Brawler as her area control and her Super allows you to burn down bushes without taking down walls, so enemies will be hindered both by the visibility of them and the difficulty of advancing.
- Offensive Brawlers should curve around the left lane while the gem carrier should stay behind the 3x1 fence in the middle lane as the support moves upward from the right lane.
- On 27/1/21, Red Herring was added to the game.
- On 16/6/21, Red Herring was removed from the game.