Present Plunder is a Seasonal Event that was introduced during the Brawlidays update. In this event, players are split into two teams of three. On either end of the map are the teams' presents. The objective is to get points by taking the opponents' presents to your base. The match ends when one team has captured two gifts or whoever has one point when regular time runs out. The match length is similar to Brawl Ball, with 2 minutes and 30 seconds of regular play and 1 minute of overtime. If the score is tied when regular time runs out, there is an overtime extension, which ends with either a draw when that extra time runs out or a win for the first team to score.
Many of the mechanics of Present Plunder are similar to Brawl Ball; players pick up a present by touching it, and they can use up an attack to throw it up to 3 tiles. Presents, unlike the Brawl Ball, can be thrown over walls however. Using a Brawler's Super allows them to double the throwing range. The enemy's present can be walked into your base or thrown into it and will be dropped if the holder is defeated. A dropped or thrown present which is outside of its spawn point will return to the center of its base after a 7.5 second countdown, which is shown in a status bar over the present.
Unlike in Brawl Ball, there is no pause or reset of the teams after scoring a point. Players remain in their current position on the map, and continue to defend their present from any ongoing attacks. A team can steal the enemy team's second present immediately after scoring a point with their first present.
There was a feature on some maps called Tilting Ship, where if you go with the tilt you will have a speed boost and an easier time moving and dodging in battle and slow down when going against the tilt. This feature is only used in the now discontinued map Naughty Elves.
- Crow: Crow's speed and Super make him great at playing grab-and-go. His Super is also a quick finisher if defenders are pressured. In more open maps Crow will likely have to throw presents to nearby teammates instead of running them in.
- Mortis: His fast movement can be very useful in circumventing the enemy to get to their base and take their present. He can then return quickly to his own base by throwing the package and darting forward to catch it with his attack movement, much as he can in Brawl Ball. Unlike in Brawl Ball however, enemies will not swarm over Mortis as Brawlers have to play both offense and defense.
- Leon: The invisibility granted by his Super is ideal for sneaking past the enemy team to grab a present. Leon's Smoke Trails Star Power also allows him to make a quick getaway.
- Edgar: Similar to Darryl, Edgar can leap in on the enemy present, and utilize the speed boost to bring the present to his side. Like Darryl, Edgar does not need to earn his Super through combat and can get it faster much more easily. However, Edgar has low health, so it is best if the enemy is distracted to use his Super.
- Jessie and Penny: Their turrets can help protect the present, and they can both do constant damage to enemies who are frequently clustered in this mode. Jessie can heal her turret with Energize greatly increasing its lifetime, but this forces her to play a defensive approach.
- El Primo: His leaping Super is perfect for getting to even a heavily defended present, where he can then throw it to nearby teammates before getting defeated. El Primo’s Meteor Rush Star Power allows him to Super onto the present and then run away super quickly.
- Shelly: Her Super can be very useful when defending, as it can defeat tanks, knock the present from an enemy, push enemies back, and if you have her first Star Power, slow them down. Shelly‘s Band Aid can help Shelly survive if she is carrying the present. Shelly is also a great assassin and heavyweight counter which are commonly played in this mode. Shelly herself may have to resort to defending.
- Darryl: Similar to El Primo, Darryl can roll in on the enemy present, then pass it to a teammate to score. Unlike El Primo, Darryl does not need to earn his Super through combat and can get it faster much more easily.
- 8-BIT: 8-BIT really shines at defending due to his extraordinary burst damage coupled with his Damage Booster. 8-BIT will likely have to rely on his Plugged In Star Power and Cheat Cartridge Gadget if he would like to make any substantial plays.
- Gale: Gale is one of the finest at guarding. Using his Spring Ejector Gadget, he can assist his teammates so they can get over walls faster. His Super can push enemies away from the presents, giving his teammates time to get the enemy present. Both Star Powers help hinder enemies, letting his teammates get the other present.
- While moving forward to attack the enemy's base, it's important to make sure that even one enemy does not get past your team. If they are able to grab the package in that situation, they can then move back to their base on the less-guarded side of the map, and/or throw the package to a location where their teammates can retrieve it and take it to their base.
- If under heavy fire from the enemy while you have the package, you can throw it toward your base and focus on fighting. Your team members have a limited time to pick up the thrown package before it returns to the enemy base.
- Because the team positions do not reset after scoring their first points, "showboating" (waiting next to your base until the enemy is about to eliminate you before throwing the package in at the last moment) when scoring your team's first point is extremely hazardous. Premature showboating makes it very easy for the enemy to take your present and score a point afterward, and it delays your team's ability to quickly get back into position for taking the enemy's present again.
- On 18/12/19, Present Plunder was added to the game temporarily as an Event during the Brawlidays 2019 event.
- On 15/12/20, Present Plunder was added back to the game temporarily for Brawlidays 2020.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani • Edgar|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout • Byron|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy • Amber|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette • Lou • Colonel Ruffs|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Brawl Stars Championship|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins • Map Maker|