Power Play was a competitive mode that could be unlocked after earning a Star Power for any Brawler. Points were awarded based on the results of a match. Power Play matchmaking was based on your current Points, so Trophies could not be earned or lost, and only Brawlers with Star Powers could be played. In Power Play, you could only play three matches a day.
Power Play Points
Power Play Points could only be earned by playing Power Play matches. The scoring scheme was as follows. Points could not be lost, but you would be rewarded a considerably smaller amount of points for a loss compared to a win.
The total number of Power Play matches playable per season was 42, meaning the maximum number of Points that could be earned is 1386.
When your team won a 3v3 match by achieving specific goals, you would get 3 extra points for an Epic Win. To achieve an Epic Win, you had to win with the following goals:
- Gem Grab - Win a match before the 15th Gem spawns.
- Heist - Win a match with 60% or more own Safe health remaining.
- Siege - Win a match with 80% or more own IKE turret health remaining.
- Brawl Ball - Win a match by scoring 2 goals and receive no enemy goals.
- Bounty - Win a match by getting 10+ more stars than the other team.
Every two weeks on a Tuesday, a season ended and the next one began. At the end of every season, all your Points reset to 0 and you received Star Points depending on how many Points you have. The last season ended on March 16th, 2021 and was replaced with Power League.
|Points||Star Points Awarded|
Power Play had its own leaderboard where players were ranked by continent and nationally based on how many Points they had. The leaderboard could be accessed by selecting Power Play and clicking on your Points. At the end of the season, players that were ranked would be awarded with Star Points based on position.
|Rank||Star Points Awarded|
- On 23/10/19, Power Play was added to the game.
- On 5/12/19, the safe health requirement for an Epic Win in Heist was reduced to 60% (from 80%).
- On 22/10/20, Showdown and Duo Showdown modes were removed from the rotation.
- On 16/3/21, Power Play was removed from the game and was replaced by Power League.