Piper is an Epic Brawler who has low health but can deal very high damage to faraway targets. She fires a long-ranged bullet from her umbrella that deals more damage the further it travels. Her Super pops grenades at her feet before jumping away from her enemies, dealing damage to enemies upon detonation. Her first Gadget, Auto Aimer, allows her to fire a bullet from a side pistol towards the closest enemy, pushing them back and momentarily slowing them down. Her second Gadget, Homemade Recipe, makes her next bullet home in on enemies. Her first Star Power, Ambush, allows her to deal extra damage while firing from a bush. Her second Star Power, Snappy Sniping, reloads part of her ammo when she hits an enemy.
Piper shoots a single bullet from her parasol that travels very quickly. The farther the bullet travels, the more damage the bullet will inflict, so Piper is less effective against enemies near her, but excels at supporting her team at range. Piper's attack has a very slow reload speed and cooldown of 0.5 seconds.
When her Super is used, Piper will jump up into the air and drop 4 grenades below her that deal heavy damage and knock back enemies near them when they detonate. While in the air, Piper is completely immune to all damage besides status effects and damage applied over time. The grenades take 0.3 seconds to detonate and have a 2 tile explosion radius.
Piper pulls out a pistol and fires a small thin glowing bullet aimed towards the nearest enemy in a 7 tile radius. The bullet will push the target back and temporarily slow them down for 1 second if hit. The Gadget can trigger her Snappy Sniping Star Power.
Piper's next attack is a seeking bullet that will curve towards the nearest enemy. The homing bullets fly for an additional 3.33 tiles. A Gadget symbol will glow above Piper's head signaling this Gadget's usage, as well as a glowing attack joystick. This Gadget's cooldown starts after this attack is shot.
When Piper is hidden within a bush, her main attack gains 800 bonus damage, allowing her to deal 2928 damage at maximum range. The bullet also gets a rainbow trail replacing the standard rings. Piper's ammunition bar becomes yellow instead of the usual orange when hidden inside a bush. The sound of the shot is also altered with a somewhat layered sound of her normal shots place on top of it.
Upon hitting an enemy, Piper instantly reloads 0.4 ammo, increasing her reload speed. If Piper hits turrets or minions (such as Nita's bear), it will also activate. This also includes hits from her Auto Aimer Gadget.
- Piper is effective when hidden inside bushes (with or without Ambush) in open areas because she can utilize her high range faraway without giving her location.
- Piper's range is very decieving due to the fast speed of the bullets. Don't underestimate a Piper's range. If you are a more close-ranged brawler juke her shots by moving side to side while steadily advancing to her. Piper is only easy to defeat at close range, otherwise she will definitely put up a good fight from long range.
- Piper can be overwhelmed and defeated easily if she is unprotected due to her low health and very slow reload, as well as the fact that she only does sufficient damage from distance. Piper is most effective when she is covered by other Brawlers on her team. If enemies do get too close, it may be a good idea to use Piper's Super to escape if the Super is charged. You need to aim too because otherwise, you land in the place from where you jumped.
- Try to predict your target's movement when firing. Piper's shots are narrow, so you will need to aim ahead of your targets if they are moving so that they do not move out of the way of the shot.
- Piper has a very defensive Super since it only affects the area right near her, but it can also be used offensively in a riskier play. Piper can rush the enemy team, drop the grenades, and fly away. In addition, she can use her Super to destroy enemy cover to open up the map. This plays to her advantage because her long range is more effective in open maps.
- When escaping, always try your best to aim Piper away from the enemy rather than auto-aiming because if you quickfire her super, she will only land in the place from where she activated her super, without covering any distance. However if you are in a very pressurized situation and your enemy has short range, you can quickfire the super because the knockback of the grenades is reliable to distance yourself from them. However, always aim the landing point when you can.
- Piper's Super can be used to shape the map to your advantage, destroying walls which your opponents would otherwise be hiding behind. This is especially useful on maps such as Shooting Star, where there isn't much cover to begin with. Due to Piper's very low damage at close range and her low health, she cannot afford to be ambushed by tanks at close range and instead must have an open area which tanks have to cross to get to her, allowing Piper to position herself well and attack the enemy.
- Charge up Piper's Super as a priority, as there are Brawlers that can pop right in such as Darryl, Bull, Mortis, and Edgar. If you have your Auto Aimer Gadget, use it primarily to escape as its offensive capabilities are negligible.
- Assassin Brawlers are a major counter to Piper due to their above-average speed and abilities that help them dodge and reach her very easily (Mortis's dash, Crow's and Leon's Supers, etc.), so it is best to avoid and keep an eye on them from distance.
- Think carefully when it comes to the position of Piper's landing after her Super. Since it takes a long time for her to land, it is easy for the enemy to predict where she will end up. Try going to places that the enemy will take a long time to reach such as across water regions or behind walls, but make sure you do not land close to the location of other enemies.
- Due to Piper's attack mechanics, she is very likely to have boxes stolen in Showdown as attacking boxes at close range will be very time consuming due to her very slow reload speed and low damage. When breaking down a box at range and an enemy is close to it, target the enemy instead until they are fended off or defeated and then continue with the box.
- Piper's Auto Aimer Gadget can be used to stop Brawlers who are pursuing her at close range since her main attack does very little damage at close range. It can also help Piper land her narrow shots. Since the movement speed of her enemy will be decreased, she can hit them more easily, or alternatively, she can use their reduced movement speed to escape.
- Piper's Homemade Recipe Gadget can be used to defeat low health enemies hiding behind walls or to increase the chances of hitting an enemy Brawler at low health to guarantee their defeat. Piper can also take advantage of the extra range of her Gadget to finish off enemies that are out of her attack range.
- Since Homemade Recipe homes in on Brawlers and determines their location to an extent, it's a good idea to use it when you know someone is in bushes but don't know where they are. This works best on small bushes, as large bushes will be too large for the curvature of the bullet to reach.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"I'm sugar and spice."
"Well, I do declare!"
"Bless your heart."
"Come get it."
"Ha, kiss my grits."
"Mind your manners!"
"Ah, stick a fork in me, I'm done."
"This ain't my first rodeo."
"Oh my stars."
"Gimme some sugar!"
"Aww, too bad."
- Piper was added to the game.
- Piper's Super was made to charge 25% slower.
- Piper's main attack damage was decreased to 440 (from 460) at max range.
- Her Super damage was decreased to 200 (from 300) per grenade.
- Piper's main attack damage was decreased to 420 (from 440) at max range.
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Piper's Ambush Star Power was added.
- Piper's reload time was decreased to 2.5 secs (from 3 seconds).
- Her damage was decreased to 1480 (from 1680) at max range.
- Piper's main attack damage was increased to 1560 (from 1480) at max range.
- Her main attack range was decreased to be in view of the screen.
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Piper's base movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Her main attack projectile size was increased.
- Piper's main attack projectile size was decreased by 33%.
- Her main attack projectile speed was decreased by 3%.
- Piper's cooldown between shots was increased to 0.5 secs (from 0.25 secs).
- Her main attack damage increased to 1640 (from 1560) at max range.
- Piper's reload speed was decreased to 2.3 secs (from 2.5 seconds).
- Piper's grenade count was increased to 4 (from 3).
- Piper's Super deals 900 damage per grenade (from 800).
- Piper's Super's grenades are placed further away from each other.
- Piper's Snappy Sniping Star Power was added.
- Piper's Snappy Sniping ammo was decreased to 0.4 (from 0.5).
- Her Ambush bonus damage was increased to 500 (from 400).
- Piper was remodeled, and the Pink Piper skin was added.
- Piper's Snappy Sniping ammo was decreased to 0.3 (from 0.4).
- Piper's Ambush bonus damage was increased to 800 (from 500).
- Her Super now drops the grenades in a fixed pattern on the ground.
- Piper's main attack damage was decreased to 1600 (from 1640) at max range.
- The Calavera Piper skin was added.
- Piper's main attack damage was decreased to 1520 (from 1600) at max range.
- The Cupid Piper skin was added. It was featured as a Valentine's Day skin.
- Piper's Auto Aimer Gadget was added.
- Piper's Auto Aimer Gadget was reworked from firing 4 homing bullets that deal 500 damage each in a very large radius to firing a single bullet that deals 100 damage, knocks back enemies, and slows them down for 0.5 seconds.
- Piper's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Piper's Homemade Recipe Gadget was added.
- Piper's Homemade Recipe homing bullet range was decreased by 15%.
- Piper and her Pink skin were slightly remodeled, adding gloves to the model.
- Piper's facial animations were reworked.
- Fixed an issue where Piper's Auto Aimer Gadget overrode Frank's Active Noise Cancelling Gadget.
- The Choco Piper skin was added. It was featured as a Line Friends skin.
- Piper's Snappy Sniping ammo was increased to 0.4 (from 0.3).
- Piper's Super landing indicator was added (X) for better aim.
- Calavera Piper received some facial animations.
- Piper received animated pins.
- Calavera Piper's attack visual effects were reworked.
- The Lunar Piper skin was added.