Penny is a Super Rare Brawler with moderate health and a variable damage output, but a slow reload speed. Penny's attack fires a long-ranged pouch of gold that deals splash damage when it hits a target. Her Super deploys a mortar with low health that lobs high-damaging, long-ranged cannonballs. Her first Gadget, Pocket Detonator, blows up her cannon, damaging and knocking back enemies as well as destroying nearby obstacles. Her second Gadget, Captain's Compass, makes her cannon fire a barrage of cannonballs at her location. Her first Star Power, Last Blast, allows her cannon to shoot cannonballs at nearby enemies when it's destroyed. Her second Star Power, Balls of Fire, allows her cannonballs to briefly set the ground on fire upon landing, dealing damage over time to enemies that stay in the burning area.
Penny's main attack shoots a medium-sized pouch of gold. If it hits an opposing target, it sprays three additional clumps of golden coins behind the target in a cone formation that travel for 4 tiles, piercing opponents and dealing the same damage as the pouch for each clump of gold. With this, she can deal double or even triple the damage of her attack if she’s attacking multiple targets. However, the pouch itself deals relatively low damage and has a slow unload speed.
Super: Old Lobber
Penny's Super deploys a cannon with a high damage output but low health. This turret can be thrown anywhere over obstacles within a short distance from Penny. The turret is stationary and fires cannonballs that deal high area damage to enemies. The cannon's range is extremely large; however, it has a rather slow firing speed and the cannonballs have a slow travel speed, which make them easy to dodge. Unlike many lobbed attacks, the travel time of the cannonballs doesn’t decrease the closer the target is to the cannon.
Upon activation, her cannon blows up, damaging and knocking enemies near it back in a 2.67 tile radius and destroying nearby obstacles. The Gadget can only be used if there is an active cannon within 12 tiles of her current location. This Gadget can trigger her Last Blast Star Power.
Upon activation, Penny's cannon shoots out a barrage of 5 cannonballs to her location. The strike is X-shaped with the center cannonball striking last. The Gadget can only be used if there is an active cannon within 12 tiles of where she is standing. This Gadget stops early if Penny is defeated before one cannonball is fired, and the cannonballs from this Gadget are affected by her Balls of Fire Star Power.
When the cannon is destroyed or replaced by another cannon, it fires 4 cannonballs, each dealing 1680 damage to the enemy that destroys the cannon and other enemies in range. This Star Power can be triggered by her Pocket Detonator Gadget.
Balls of Fire
When Penny's cannonballs land, they create a burning effect on the ground for 3 seconds that acts similarly to Barley's main attack. If the enemy is in the burning area, they'll take 400 damage per second for a total of 1200 damage. The burning damage can stack. This Star Power affects the cannonballs shot by her Captain's Compass Gadget.
- When an opponent is positioned behind another opponent, the splash effect of Penny’s main attack is able to hit both of them. This makes her very effective against any Brawler that has a meat shield, like Mr. P's Porters or Nita's Bruce.
- Penny's cannon forces players to keep moving around the map. Use this to your advantage to predict your opponents' movement and shoot your attacks ahead of them in the direction they are moving. They will not be able to dodge the attack if it’s aimed correctly, as by changing direction they'll be hit by the turret's cannonballs.
- To maximize the lifespan of the cannon, one of the very optimal placements for it is behind walls on the player's side of the map. The turret's extremely long range allows it to shoot cannonballs to the enemy's side of the map from the safety of the player's side and it is protected from enemy fire when behind walls. Additionally, close-ranged Brawlers' movement will be restricted by the walls when trying to take the turret down, causing them to be hit by its cannonballs.
- Like Jessie, Penny's Super can act as a meat shield in a pinch, absorbing enemy fire for a while and allowing herself or an ally to escape from a dangerous situation. It is even more effective combined with Pocket Detonator, which deals 1500 damage and knocks the enemy back, even triggering her Last Blast Star Power if equipped. However, it’s less effective against opposing Pennys who can maximize their damage by hitting you and your cannon.
- Penny's pouch will not burst upon impact with walls or other obstacles. Her attack will, however, burst upon impact with a Power Cube box in Showdown. Use this to your advantage in keeping enemies away from the box with the coins from when your pouch splits. This strategy works particularly well in Rockwall Brawl in 8 out of the 10 spawn points. This also helps Penny open multiple grouped up boxes at ease, while she struggles to destroy single boxes due to her slow reload speed and pouch's low damage.
- Penny's cannon has an extremely long range and is able to hit the IKE turret in Siege while being out of range from the IKE's blasts if placed perfectly in the corner of all Siege maps. This strategy can work even better if there is a bush to hide the cannon, allowing the cannon to potentially deal more damage due to it being harder to notice. She can also use her Balls of Fire Star Power to deal much more damage to the IKE. However, place the turret discreetly as enemies can defeat the turret quickly if they notice it.
- It is also possible to throw the cannon inside the opponent IKE's range and let 4 cannonballs onto the IKE turret if Last Blast is equipped. This will deal about 20-25% damage of the IKE's health. Even more damage can be dealt if Penny manages to place her turret very close to the IKE and activate her Pocket Detonator Gadget, and couples it with her Last Blast Star Power.
- Her Last Blast Star Power causes her cannon to launch several cannonballs upon its destruction, dealing major splash damage. This can discourage short-ranged Brawlers from destroying her cannon. Additionally, it allows Penny to attempt a different playstyle in which she places the cannon in the middle of a fight, and if her Last Blast is equipped, even when destroyed it will bombard the enemy team, even behind cover. However, the cannonballs are extremely easy to dodge due to their slow travel speed.
- Her Balls of Fire Star Power is very effective at restricting where an enemy is willing to go, often cutting off their escape route. This is valuable in game modes focused on control, such as Gem Grab and Siege. The additional damage it deals is also effective against stationary targets such as safes and IKE turrets.
- When facing a Penny with her turret, don't backtrack because the cannon will hit which deals more damage than that of her main attack. To avoid this, keep on moving and don't stop or change direction.
- Penny's Pocket Detonator Gadget can be useful to destroy walls on certain maps, for example, walls in front of the enemy goal in Brawl Ball. Caution is advised when to use that move though. Her Super may be more valuable for control and detonating it instantly might be disadvantageous. Additionally, a team member may rely on specific walls to function properly on a map.
- Penny's Last Blast and Pocket Detonator Gadget are better on modes with stationary targets such as Heist and Siege. However, the amount of control Penny can maintain with Balls of Fire and Captain's Compass makes it the overall better combination. Captain's Compass can also act as a safety net in case an enemy attempts to ambush or assassinate her.
- Penny can use her Captain's Compass Gadget along with her Balls of Fire Star Power near important items and areas like Bolts or their spawn points in Siege, and Gems or the Gem Mine in Gem Grab. She can deal immediate damage to any Brawlers in such areas using the cannonballs from Captain's Compass, and Balls of Fire's ability to set an area on fire can prevent enemies from going to the area as the enemy will have to take damage in doing so. The control gained from doing this move can be useful later in the game, especially for events like Siege and Gem Grab where control is important.
- Penny's Captain's Compass Gadget and Balls of Fire combination are also excellent in Hot Zone, because tanks such as Frank are niche in this mode, and Captain's Compass provides easy hits when both players are in the zone, with the fire allowing for more damage and control to defeat the enemy Brawler. Using this combination, it is much easier to eliminate your enemies even when you're dead if you fire it right.
- The cannon is a great way to find enemies in Showdown, especially if the enemy is hiding in bushes, as it has a very long range. You can use this to know which direction the nearest Brawler is.
- If a Brawler with a moving ability like Edgar or Buzz jumps on you, you may use her Pocket Detonator Gadget to distance yourself from the said Brawler with moving ability.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"I'm the best!"
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
"Hee hee hee!"
- Penny was added to the game.
- Penny's Super projectile speed was increased by 25%.
- Penny's Super cooldown time was decreased to 2.5 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Penny's main attack damage was increased to 840 (from 800).
- Her coin burst mechanic now pierces enemies.
- Penny's main attack was made 50% wider.
- Penny's main attack projectile speed was decreased by 6%.
- Her Super no longer fires randomly and instead targets at a close enemy.
- She was given voice lines.
- The Lil Helper Penny skin was added. It was featured as a Brawlidays 2018 skin.
- The Bunny Penny skin was added.
- Penny's Last Blast Star Power was reworked from shooting 6 cannonballs randomly when the cannon is destroyed to fire 6 cannonballs that targets enemies in the range of the turret.
- Penny's Last Blast Star Power cannonballs was decreased to 4 (from 6).
- Penny's Balls of Fire Star Power was added.
- Penny's animations were reworked and Bunny Penny was retextured.
- Fixed a bug that didn’t take into account of Penny's Last Blast bombs defeating enemies and adding to Penny’s bounty in Bounty.
- Penny's main attack damage was increased to 900 (from 840).
- Penny's Pocket Detonator Gadget and the Dark Bunny Penny skin were added.
- Dark Bunny Penny's effects were improved.
- Penny's Captain's Compass Gadget was added.
- The Smuggler Penny skin was added. It was featured as a Power League exclusive skin for Brawl Pass Season 5.
- Penny's main attack damage was increased to 940 (from 900).
- Penny's health was increased to 3400 (from 3200).
- Penny's class was changed to Damage Dealer (from Sharpshooter).
- Penny's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.