Open Season is an official map for the Big Game event.
Unlike other Big Game maps, the Boss starts from the center that is mostly covered by bushes and surrounded by 4 L-shaped walls. There are bushes around the edges. The map is vertically symmetrical.
- Due to the layout of this map, Bo with his Circling Eagle Star Power excels here. Tara with her Psychic Enhancer Gadget doesn't provide the same effect, since it only lasts for 4 seconds despite having an indefinite range. It's much faster at revealing the Big Brawler however.
- The lump of cactuses look deceiving: although they appear to be easy to maneuver around, it does provide a lot of cover. The barreled shape of the cactuses makes it look smaller in some areas and larger in others, and you can use this to your advantage as the Boss hunter.
- Jessie's turret can be very devastating if placed correctly, especially if the Boss is trapped at corners. Jessie as the Boss can also use the same strategy to delay the Boss Hunters' progress longer.
- Throwers like Barley and Tick can make use of the walls to hunt down the boss with little worries; Sprout can create walls to trap the Boss at right time, but hitting its attacks will be trickier.
- Hiding behind the top wall is a great fallback. There is a risk of being trapped, but there are two exits on each side in case this happens.
- As the Big Brawler, your goal should be to hold up behind walls while Boss Hunters should aim to destroy them before doing a push. This allows sharpshooters to do consistent poke damage on the boss.
- On 15/12/20, Open Season was added to the game.