Mortis is a Mythic Brawler who attacks by swinging his shovel, dashing a few tiles forward and dealing damage to enemies in his path. For his Super, Mortis summons a swarm of bats that drain the health of his enemies while restoring his own by that amount. Mortis has a moderate amount of health and a low damage output, but can move incredibly quickly. His first Gadget, Combo Spinner, allows him to spin quickly, dealing 1300 damage to all enemies around himself. His second Gadget, Survival Shovel, doubles his reload speed for 4 seconds. His first Star Power, Creepy Harvest, heals himself for 1800 health when he defeats an enemy Brawler. His second Star Power, Coiled Snake, allows him to charge a yellow bar when his ammo is full, which grants him a 75% increase in his dash range when the bar is fully charged.
Attack: Shovel SwingMortis dashes forward a short distance, dealing moderate damage to any enemy Brawlers in his path. Mortis cannot perform his attack without dashing unless he dashes toward a nearby wall. This attack is technically a melee attack, but the dash effectively gives it a short range. It has a very slow reload speed.
Super: Life BloodMortis will shoot bats in a single direction. If the bats come in contact with an enemy, they deal damage and heal Mortis equal to the damage dealt. Mortis will heal the full amount possible for his level of Super even if the enemy hit has less health left than its maximum damage, but if the bats miss, Mortis does not heal. Mortis also heals when hitting an enemy spawnable, but doing so will not charge his Super. The bats move quickly, pass over walls, and travel a long distance making this a hard attack to avoid. If the bats hit multiple enemies, they deal the full damage and the heal Mortis receives is multiplied by the number of enemies hit, making it possible for Mortis to heal himself dramatically if the bats hit several enemies.
Mortis spins around on the spot, damaging all enemies in a 3.33 tile radius for 1300 damage. He can move, but cannot use his attack during this Gadget's duration.
Upon activation, Mortis will appear red and double his reload speed for 4 seconds. This allows Mortis to deal more damage to enemies or simply use it to boost his movement to get away from other enemies or quickly dash to a certain location.
While active, he heals himself 1800 health after defeating an enemy Brawler.
When Mortis has his ammunition bar full, a dash bar will start charging, which can be seen below the ammunition bar. The bar takes 3.5 seconds to fully charge, and once it fully charges, his next attack's dash range is increased by 75%, allowing him to travel further distances.
- The dash that comes with Mortis' main attack makes him highly mobile. He can quickly attack and dash away and out of danger, making him tricky to land hits on. He can also retreat quickly due to his fast assassin level movement speed.
- When retreating/escaping, avoid using auto-fire since you will dash into the enemy you are trying to escape from.
- Mortis' Super can act as a powerful fourth attack in tight situations. Use it when he gets low on health and needs a quick heal. Try to hit as many enemies as possible with the Super so that he recovers more health. It also has considerable range and travels quite quickly, which can be used to snipe low health Brawlers even over walls.
- Mortis counters Dynamike, Barley, Tick, and Sprout well. His dash is effective at dodging their slow attacks. Try to target any throwers in a game, as Mortis can quickly dispatch them throughout the match. Throwers can be useful to charge Mortis' super in an unfavorable situation. Single-shot Brawlers also make excellent targets, like Piper, particularly because of her subpar close range damage.
- Mortis can also counter Brawlers with a slow unload speed like Frank or Bibi. Try to time your dashes right before they finish their unload animation to dodge any damage. This strategy is especially useful against a Frank's Super, as you can use a dash to negate all effects.
- Mortis' reload speed is among the slowest in the entire game, which means that after you defeat an enemy Brawler, you should immediately retreat and reload.
- Mortis' Creepy Harvest heals him for a considerable amount when defeating an enemy Brawler. It is incredibly useful and sometimes necessary to be kept alive while taking fire from enemy Brawlers. This can be especially useful in Bounty as you can defeat an opponent and regain your health to survive.
- In Brawl Ball, you can kick the ball and dash a couple of times to pick it up again. You can also use your Super to shoot the ball (even on the side of the map) and dash forward onto the ball (preferably with Coiled Snake) to move the ball down the field extremely quickly.
- Mortis' Coiled Snake Star Power allows him to close a significant gap between opponents. Using this Star Power effectively requires preparation and being unpredictable, such as hiding in a bush and attacking when someone comes near. Using this Star Power also allows him to get close to certain close-ranged Brawlers (such as Rosa or El Primo) and quickly use his dash to slash through the Brawler, out of their range. This can be used repeatedly to charge Mortis’ super while taking minimal damage.
- In Bounty, Mortis' dash attack is able to grab the first star in the middle easily. He can then use his quick movement speed to move into position for further pressure on the enemy or to run away. This can be dangerous if the map is relatively open because then you can be sniped to death.
- In Brawl Ball, try to get your teammates to distract the opposition. Then grab the ball, use dash attacks to move quickly, to score the goal.
- In both Showdown and Duo Showdown, you cannot check bushes, so if you are moving into an unknown bush, be ready to dash away very quickly.
- In Showdown, Mortis can do well by simply bush camping and staying out of fights, dashing away when necessary. If you see a fight between other Brawlers, wait out-of-sight nearby and when the fight is over, dash in and defeat the surviving Brawler if they took enough damage or steal all the Power Cubes and escape.
- In Gem Grab, avoid picking up gems as Mortis throughout the majority of the match. This is because of Mortis's gameplay; it's simply too high risk to attack enemies with him if you're carrying a hefty amount of gems, leaving your teammates in constant 2v3 situations. Near the end of a match, however, it can be ideal to go for gems whenever possible as playing aggressively is less needed.
- At the start of a Solo Showdown match go for defeats rather than boxes as it takes a long time and it is very likely to be stolen. Pick off the Brawlers with relatively low health like Dynamike or Rico while juking shots. Bush camping and surprising enemies also works well.
- Mortis' Combo Spinner Gadget is more fit for a quick finish to Brawlers or when they need to deal damage to a group of enemies. On the other hand, his second Gadget, Survival Shovel, is more efficient in the long-term when taking out bulkier Brawlers or when retreating.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
Rogue: "I bring you the gift of darkness!"
"I bring you the gift of darkness!"
Rogue: "Mortis, the magnificent!"
"Mortis, the magnificent!"
Rogue: "I'm mortified."
Rogue: "You have been bested!"
"You have been bested!"
Rogue: "Mortally wounded!"
Rogue: "Dash and destroy!"
"Dash and destroy!"
Rogue: "Creatures of the night!"
"Creatures of the night!"
Rogue: "Mortis, bringer of doom!"
"Mortis, bringer of doom!"
Rogue: "Witness my power!"
"Witness my power!"
Rogue: "You fiend!"
Rogue: "Your soul is mine!"
"Your soul is mine!"
Rogue: "Mortis, the mortal."
"Mortis, the mortal."
Rogue: "Dashingly handsome!"
Rogue: "Feel my wrath!"
"Feel my wrath!"
Rogue: "I am a creature of the night!"
"I am a creature of the night!"
Rogue: "My excellence is undeniable!"
"My excellence is undeniable!"
Rogue: "How dare you!"
"How dare you!"
Rogue: 'Time to rest."
'Time to rest."
Rogue: "Gloom and doom!"
"Gloom and doom!"
Rogue: "Slice and dice!"
"Slice and dice!"
Rogue: Mortis taunts
Rogue: "Have much fear, Mortis is here!"
"Have much fear, Mortis is here!"
Rogue: "Bear witness to my fitness!"
"Bear witness to my fitness!"
Rogue: "I believe you got owned."
"I believe you got owned."
Rogue: Mortis laughs
Rogue: "Bringer of bats!"
"Bringer of bats!"
Rogue: Mortis laughs
Rogue: "We shall meet again!"
"We shall meet again!"
"Fly free my pretties!"
- Mortis' dash range was decreased by 25%.
- Mortis' health was decreased to 700 (from 800).
- Mortis' rarity was changed to Mythic (from Epic).
- Mortis' movement speed was decreased to 650 (from 750).
- His Super's range was decreased to 10 tiles (from 13.34).
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Mortis' Star Power healing was reduced to 1000 (from 1200) per soul collected.
- Mortis' health was increased to 3200 (from 2800).
- Damage increased to 800 (from 640).
- Speed increased to 700 (from 650).
- Dash range reduced to 2.33 tiles (from 3 tiles).
- Mortis' dash range was increased to 2.67 tiles (from 2.33 tiles).
- Mortis' health was increased to 3500 (from 3200).
- Mortis' health was increased to 3800 (from 3500).
- Mortis' movement speed was increased to 820 which is the same movement speed of Crow.
- Mortis was remodeled, and the Rockabilly Mortis skin was released.
- The Top Hat Mortis skin was added.
- Mortis' main attack and Super damage was increased to 900 (from 800).
- His Star Power no longer left green skulls, but instead immediately healed him for 1800 health, after he defeated a Brawler.
- He now has voice lines.
- Mortis' Star Power Creepy Harvest healing was decreased to 1400 (from 1800).
- The Night Witch Mortis skin was added.
- Mortis' reload speed was decreased to 2.4 seconds (from 2.5 seconds).
- Mortis' Star Power Coiled Snake was added.
- Mortis' Coiled Snake range was decreased to 75% (from 100%).
- His main attack animation was reworked.
- Mortis' Coiled Snake charge time was increased to 3.5 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Mortis' Creepy Harvest healing was increased to 1800 (from 1400).
- Mortis' Gadget Combo Spinner was added.
- Mortis can now use his Gadget Combo Spinner while moving.
- Mortis now has a smoother animation for his cape and walking style.
- The Rogue Mortis skin was added.
- Mortis' Gadget Survival Shovel was added.
- Mortis' Super charge rate decreased slightly from main attack.
- His Super charge rate increased from Super attack which enables a new Super charging combo for Mortis with 2 Super attack hits + 2 main attack hits.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Championship Challenge|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins|
|Available content appears in blue. Unavailable or removed content appears in gray and are kept for historical purposes.|