Minecart Madness is an official map for the Gem Grab event. It is the first map to feature interactive minecarts.
The map consists of multiple layers of interchanging cover and minecart tracks. There are five minecart track layers and three lanes besides wall and bush clusters. Minecarts coming from the left will turn to the enemy side, while minecarts coming from the right will turn to your team's side. There are crates and barrels located at the corners of the wall. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Avoid the minecarts! They deal 2000 damage per hit and if you get trapped in its way, the minecarts can repeatedly damage any unlucky Brawler that is hit, usually only allowing El Primo, Frank, and other heavyweights to survive. There are two spawning points for the minecarts, which are the two ends on the horizontal line of the Gem spawn. They spawn in lines of four carts, and a yellow warning light will flash on the side that the minecart comes in. Make sure to not stay on the track too long, as the minecart will also cause knockback and stun. Jumping abilities like Brock's Rocket Laces Gadget can be used it to get over the minecarts, but can be risky as you might take tons damage if you aim incorrectly.
- Additionally, the minecarts block all shots that hit them including all Super attacks, acting as moving walls. This can be bothersome when in a hurry to stop the enemy's countdown.
- Always be aware of the minecarts' positions. If players are not careful, Brawlers might get sandwiched between enemy Brawlers and carts with reinforcing friendly Brawlers unable to attack through the carts. You can also use this to your advantage, particularly if you are playing as Tara or Gene and use your Super to pull them to your side leaving the enemy Brawler cornered and helpless.
- The first line of carts comes from the left if players are the blue team or right if players are the red team. Whenever a team fight is going on and if a minecart is approaching, it is advised to retreat as it might not end in your favor.
- As Gene, a great strategy is to pull enemies when a minecart is passing - they'll be pulled into the minecart and receive the 2000 damage. After being hit they'll easily be finished off by Gene's main attack. Keep in mind that the minecarts will cancel Gene's Super hand if they hit when Gene's hand is going to grab someone, so planning and timing are crucial. This strategy also works well with his Lamp Blowout Gadget, as you can push the opponent into the minecart as it is passing by. Tara's Super can work in a similar fashion to Gene's Super as well and is comparatively easier to use.
- Colette is useful too, as she can push the opponents with her Super to the minecarts and come back without getting hit.
- If timed correctly, any effect that moves enemies can be used to knock enemies into incoming minecarts. This is rather niche and is only recommended as a last resort as most of these abilities require foe target to be in close range beforehand.
- Throwers can take advantage of the players will get stuck in the bushes to the side while a minecart is passing by. Thanks to their lack of movement, bursting them with constant damage should be a breeze.
- Sprout's hedges will be destroyed by minecarts, so it is best to avoid placing its Super on minecart tracks.
- However, Sprout's Super can also be used offensively here to trap enemy Brawlers in between the hedge and the minecart and take damage, especially around the area where the minecarts bend around along the tracks. This will almost certainly guarantee a kill.
- The minecarts can be used as a barrier when the 15-second countdown is going on. Defending Brawlers can hide in bushes during this time, while the enemy movement is hindered.
- Barley is a good control Brawler for this map because he can use his main attack to cover chokepoints. Combined with the minecart, it can hinder enemy movement to a great extent.
- Penny can place her Super on her side of the map which forces enemies to constantly move, in order to avoid its shots. In addition to the minecart, it can greatly discourage enemy movement.
- On 15/4/19, Minecart Madness was added to the game.
- On 11/6/19, the minecart in Minecart Madness now moves slower and spawns less frequently in online matches only.
- On 26/6/19, the minecart in Minecart Madness now moves slower and spawns less frequently in friendly games.
- On 15/11/19, Minecart Madness was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2019 as a Quarterfinals map.
- On 8/2/20, Minecart Madness was featured in the February Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage I map.
- On 13/6/20, Minecart Madness was featured in the June Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage I map.
- On 2/7/20, Minecart Madness was tweaked to add rope fences.
- On 21/11/20, Minecart Madness was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2020.
- On 15/3/21, Minecart Madness was featured in the Season 1 Power League as a Gem Grab map.
- On 20/3/21, Minecart Madness was featured in the March Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage I map.
- On 7/4/21, Minecart Madness was once again featured in the Season 2 Power League as a Gem Grab map.
- On 16/6/21, Minecart Madness was once again featured in the Season 3 Power League as a Gem Grab map.
- On 20/8/21, Minecart Madness was featured in the August Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage V map.
- On 25/8/21, Minecart Madness was no longer featured in the Season 4 Power League as a Gem Grab map.