Middle Ground is an official map for the Knockout event.
Most cover is located towards the center, where two lakes are flanked by obstacles and rope fences. Near the center borders, 4 bushes provide the only cover for short-ranged Brawlers, blocked by two T-shaped walls. The map is horizontally and vertically symmetrical.
- The lack of horizontal walls along with narrow but open straits in the center make it difficult for heavyweights to approach enemies. Use medium to long-ranged Brawlers
- Tick, Sprout and Barley can block lanes entirely by controlling the corners of the lakes. The t-shaped walls on the side of the map provide decent protection.
- If your team has a thrower, do not destroy the blocks in-between the center bushes. These only open new opportunities for sharpshooters.
- Nani and Brock are good defensive options for assisting throwers against assassins such as Edgar and Stu.
- Leon has enough area to poke enemies for to charge his Super. His Smoke Trails Star Power allows him to have more strategic options against countering throwers as they will likely have the corners of the lakes controlled by the time he has his Super ready.
- Because of the wide space in the middle, Piper or Bea can be useful because of their long range. Piper can also use her Super to destroy enemy cover which can help her snipe out Brawlers easily.
- On 7/4/21, Middle Ground was added to the game.
- On 25/8/21, the environment of Middle Ground had changed from the Actionshow theme to the Castle Courtyard theme.
- On 27/10/21, the environment of Middle Ground had changed from Castle Courtyard theme to Mortuary theme.