Max is a Mythic Brawler with moderate health, a moderate damage output, and a very fast movement speed. For her attack, Max rapidly fires 4 long-ranged projectiles in a slight spread. Her Super momentarily boosts the movement speed of her and nearby allies. Her first Gadget, Phase Shifter, makes her dash in the direction she is facing and gain an immunity shield while dashing. Her second Gadget, Sneaky Sneakers, creates a teleporting location icon that she teleports back to after 3 seconds with her initial health. Her first Star Power, Super Charged, automatically charges her Super while she’s moving. Her second Star Power, Run n' Gun, increases her reload speed while she's moving.
Attack: Faster Blaster
Max fires 4 staggered, long-ranged projectiles from her blaster with a slight spread in quick succession. She uniquely has four ammo slots, and her ammo reloads quickly. The attack has a short cooldown, taking 0.55 seconds to complete.
Super: Let's Go!
Max drinks some energy drink from a bottle and creates an area-of-effect around her that lasts for 1 second and increases the movement speed of her and teammates inside the area-of-effect by 300 points for 4 seconds. Her teammates retain the movement speed boost even after leaving the radius.
Max dashes 3.33 tiles in the direction she faces which is similar to Shelly's fast forward, gaining an immunity shield while dashing. However, she cannot dash through walls or water and the dash will be interrupted if she dashes into any of them. Status effects, stuns, and knockbacks can still be applied during the dash and she still retains any pre-existing status effects afterwards. This doesn’t affect her Super Charged Star Power's Super charging speed.
Upon activation, Max places a thunderbolt icon at her current location and gains a Gadget symbol above her head along with a bar that counts down to 3 seconds. After those 3 seconds, she teleports back to the icon with the health she had at activation time. If she had any status effects, such as Crow or Byron’s poison, she retains the status effects. However, if she is defeated before she teleports, her Gadget charge is consumed, but she won’t teleport.
Max’s Super automatically recharges while moving, similar to Darryl and Edgar. Her Super stops charging when she's not moving. If she continuously moving, it takes around 68 seconds to fully charge up a Super; speed boosts increase the Super charge rate and therefore decreases the time needed to reload a Super.
Run n' Gun
Max’s attack reloads slightly faster than normal while moving. This is affected by Max's movement speed; she reloads faster if she has a movement speed boost (like her Super) than if she doesn't, similarly to her Super Charged Star Power. Her reload speed is approximately 15.56% faster when moving at normal speed.
- Max can act like an assassin, using her fast reload speed and attack cooldown to burst enemies down and her movement speed to dodge enemy fire. After getting within range, follow and chip away at enemies until you eliminate them. If they manage to somehow escape, such as with Edgar’s Super, use your Super and/or her Phase Shifter Gadget and rush them.
- Max's Super can be used to catch up to fleeing enemies or ensure an easier escape from pursuing enemies. This makes her good with guerrilla tactics because she can rush in with her Super, deal a lot of damage, and escape with her Super before she takes any serious damage.
- Auto-aiming at long range with Max, in most cases, will hit 3 of her projectiles. Because of this, auto-aiming is a good strategy while playing Max, but most of the time enemies are moving. Practice mirroring the enemy's movement to hit all 4 projectiles, and at the tip of her range, it’s good to use practices commonly applied to sharpshooters.
- To make use of Max's Star Powers, don’t stand still. Even spinning in place or pacing in a line can make use of the Star Powers.
- Max's attack has a range similar to Tara's, and while it doesn't deal much damage if only one projectile hits, the fact that Max has 4 ammo slots, coupled with her much faster reload speed, attack cooldown, and tighter spread, means she can consistently provide suppressive fire and chip away at enemies, unlike most long-ranged Brawlers who reload slower.
- Max's Super Charged Star Power works better in team events like Gem Grab or Hot Zone where Max will need to play as a support. Her Run n' Gun Star Power allows her to maintain the damage output of a typical sharpshooter and is preferred in Special Event modes like Boss Fight, Super City Rampage, and Robo Rumble, where her Super Charged Star Power charges her Super much less efficiently than normal. In Showdown, choose your Star Power based on your play style; use Super Charged if you’re more passive, and use Run n' Gun if you’ll like picking fights and collecting Power Cubes.
- Max can use her Phase Shifter Gadget to absorb a high-damaging projectile like Nani's Super to survive at crucial times or for a valuable teammate in order to help them survive. This, however, requires precise timing. Similarly, as long as you have sufficiently high health, Max can use her Sneaky Sneakers Gadget to absorb multiple projectiles and then teleport back safely with full health.
- Max's Sneaky Sneakers Gadget allows her to play aggressively for 3 seconds without major repercussions. After dropping it on the ground, take time pressuring enemies before returning to her original location for better opportunities. Do note that high-damaging enemies such as Bull can ambush you when you teleport to your original location, as the location is made obvious by the icon Max leaves upon activating the Gadget, so therefore, refrain from using the Gadget near bushes or enemy spawn points.
- Max's Sneaky Sneakers Gadget is useful in Showdown when you want to defeat a vulnerable enemy such as a thrower but you are in danger of being third-partied by someone else. You can drop your Sneaky Sneakers Gadget and then try defeating the enemy. You’ll likely be low on health after fighting the enemy, and will be a target for other enemies, but you’ll teleport back to your Gadget's location and regain lost health. All the same, make sure to use this Gadget only when you're away from enemies, or contained by obstacles to avoid being ambushed where you’ll teleport. Also, avoid staying too far from the Gadget location with your Super, because you'll never know who’s attempting to ambush you when you return, and you should save your Super as an escape tool for such situations.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"Let's go, come on, zip zip!"
"Yes yes yes yes!"
"Sorry, didn't see ya there."
"Hey! What happened?"
"Go go go go!"
"Why is everyone so slow?"
"Did someone hit me?"
"Try to keep up."
"Turn it to max."
"No time, gotta move."
"In the lead, winning, number one, best of the best, whoo!"
"Who did that?"
"Three, two, one, BLAST OFF!"
"This is just the warm-up, right?"
"Need more energy drink."
"Faster than lightning."
"Energy levels, critical."
"Max to the max!"
"Kablam, pow, zap, sizzle!"
- Max became available to play in the Training Cave.
- Max became available to play in matches.
- Max's Run n' Gun Star Power was added.
- The GT Max skin was added.
- Max's main attack damage was increased to 300 (from 250) per projectile.
- Max's Super effect was changed so that it gave any allies that entered its area-of-effect within 1 second (from instantaneous).
- Her Run n' Gun Star Power efficiency was decreased by 25%.
- Her class was changed to Support (from Fighter).
- Max's health was decreased to 3400 (from 3500).
- Her Run n' Gun Star Power efficiency was decreased by 17%.
- Her Phase Shifter Gadget was added.
- Max's health was decreased to 3200 (from 3400).
- Max's main attack damage was increased to 320 (from 300) per projectile.
- The Streetwear Max skin was added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was decreased to 12 (from 14).
- Max's Run n' Gun Star Power efficiency was decreased by 50%.
- Max's Sneaky Sneakers Gadget was added.
- The Cony Max skin was added. It was featured as a Line Friends skin.
- Max's Sneaky Sneakers Gadget duration was decreased to 3 seconds (from 4 seconds).
- Max, GT Max, and Streetwear Max received facial animations.
- Max, GT Max and Streetwear Max's facial animations were slightly tweaked.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly applied Streetwear Max's wrist display onto her face.
- Fixed a bug that caused Max's facial animations to play in the Shop.
- Max's main attack damage was decreased to 300 (from 320) per projectile.
- The number of hits necessary to charge her Super was increased to 13 (from 12).
- Max's Super Charged Star Power effectiveness was decreased by 50%.
- The Hermes Max skin was added.
- Max's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Max's main attack damage was increased to 340 (from 300) per projectile.