Massive Attack is an official map for the Hot Zone event.
The map contains two zones. Rope fences completely block off the center bottom and top creating small openings and passageways for the zones. Launch pads near each team launch Brawlers to the left zone while launch pads within the left zone launch Brawlers to the right zone. The right zone can also be accessed through a three tile wide entrance in the right side of the map. The map is horizontally symmetrical.
- Try to go into the side bushes to easily cover the right zone without being seen.
- Throwers are great at this map because throwers can attack enemies within and outside zones without the risk of enemies dodging most of their shots.
- Throwers should not enter zones, as to not be finished off by more high-health, close-ranged Brawlers. Instead, they should provide support form behind obstacles.
- If covering the left zone, take the left launch pad unless teammates have a Brawler that can create openings.
- Jacky can be used to deal massive damage to multiple enemies in a Zone as they have very little means of escape.
- Emz and Poco can freely attack Brawlers trapped in a zone. They should stay outside these zones, supporting their team until they are free to control them.
- The 3x1 horizontal fencing in the right zone provides a reasonable amount of protection from Brawlers in the left zone.
- Tick's mines can be thrown into the zone accessible to the enemy via launch pads just before the enemy lands to trap them in an enclosed space full of mines, dealing devastating damage. Also, Tick can throw his Super on the jump pad so it lands on the enemy in the zone.
- Do not go through the passageway between the two zones. Doing so leaves Brawlers open for opponents to burst them down without notice.
- Use Gale with his Spring Ejector Gadget to jump on the other zone without using the long way as one of the zones does not have a jump pad while the other has two.
- Rico is also good in this map, especially in the side of bushes and walls. Rico can use his bouncy attack and Super to finish off brawlers inside the zone. It can be done very effectively with his Super and many times it recharges it back again.
- Penny is a solid Brawler when it comes to defending on this map. With her Balls of Fire Star Power as well as Captain's Compass Gadget, she can control the zone by launching a volley on herself, protecting the zone until her or teammates regain it. The volley itself will likely take out attacking ambushers or force them to retreat.
- Sprout's Super can be used in the left zone to block the enemy team from using the jump pads to enter them. The jump pad will simply carry the enemy past the fences because the landing zone is blocked. This tactic is especially useful when trying to stop the enemy team from earning the last few percentage points at the end of a game. Sprout's Super can also be used to block off chokepoints on the left and right.
- Bo can place his mines in the zones so they will detonate when people land on them. Additionally, pairing with Bo's Snare A Bear Star Power, he can repeatedly stun enemies that try to land on the zones for 2 seconds (assuming all mines don't get tripped).
- On 2/7/20, Massive Attack was added to the game.
- On 27/1/21, Massive Attack was tweaked to reduce unnecessary obstacles and also refresh the obstacle placement.
- On 16/6/21, Massive Attack was removed from the game.