The Map Maker is a beta feature in Brawl Stars that is still in development. Players can create and share custom maps after reaching 1000 Trophies. The Map Maker editor can be accessed from the "More" menu tab just below the "Friendly Games" button. Players can save up to 5 draft custom maps (as well as one submitted map), and edit, rename, or delete a map at any given time. When in a friendly room, the host of the room can choose a finished map of their own creation. They can either play with bots, friends, or both.
Only a certain set of events and environments are supported for map creation:
- Gem Grab (Mortuary, Mine and Arcade)
- Bounty (Canyon and Arcade)
- Heist (Canyon and Arcade)
- Solo Showdown (Mortuary and Storm Valley)
- Brawl Ball (Grassy Field and Beach)
However, it is expected that in the future, other modes will be available for map creation.
A variety of items can be placed in custom maps. Their variant changes depending on the environment.
|Block 1||All||Blocks movement, attacks and non-destructive abilities. Can be destroyed|
|Block 2||All||Blocks movement, attacks and non-destructive abilities. Can be destroyed|
|Box||All||Blocks movement, attacks and non-destructive abilities. Can be destroyed|
|Barrel||All||Blocks movement, attacks and non-destructive abilities. Can be destroyed|
|Flooring||All||Adds detail to ground. Can be stepped on|
|Bush||All||Hides Brawlers. Can be destroyed|
|Water||All except Brawl Ball||Blocks movement. Can be shot over. Indestructible. Connects with other water tiles|
|Misc||All||Blocks movement. Can be destroyed|
|Skull||All||Blocks movement. Can be destroyed with regular attacks|
|Fence||All||Blocks movement. Can be destroyed. Connects with other fences|
|Rope Fence||All||Blocks movement. Can be shot over. Can be destroyed. Connects with other fences|
|Power Cube Box||Showdown||Spawns a Power Cube box. 16 boxes or less are guaranteed to spawn. Randomly spawns 16-20 boxes if placed more than 16.|
|Launch Pad||All except Brawl Ball||Launchs Brawlers. A direction can be changed by tapping it|
|Teleporter||All except Brawl Ball||Teleports Brawlers to the other one depending on its color. Colors are: Blue, Green, Red, and Yellow. Can place 0 or 2 teleporters of each type per map.|
|Spawn Blue||3v3 modes||Spawns Brawlers for player's team in 3v3 modes|
|Respawn Blue||Brawl Ball||Respawns Brawlers for player's team in Brawl Ball|
|Spawn Red||3v3 modes||Spawns Brawlers for enemy team in 3v3 modes|
|Respawn Red||Brawl Ball||Respawns Brawlers for enemy team in Brawl Ball|
|Spawn Gray||Showdown||Spawns Brawlers in Showdown. Can't be respawned|
- The Map Maker features five placement modes. The modes available are:
- Mirror horizontal
- Mirror vertical
- Mirror diagonal
- Mirror all
- When disabling bots, the spawn points closest to the bottom will be disabled. If more than one spawn point is on the same horizontal line, the rightmost spawn point will be disabled.
- Gem mines, initial Brawl Ball positions, and Bounty center stars positions cannot be changed. These have a small radius around them where items cannot be placed. Teleporters and launch pads cannot be placed on the border, and denoted by a red band around the border
- While in editing mode, placed items can be undone, redone, or all cleared.
- A grid option allows players to better place items.
- Maps cannot be saved while having illegal placements such as leaving one-tile gaps between solid blocks or having enclosed spaces. Illegal placements are denoted in a bright glowing red. One can still have closed-off areas if it is filled up with skulls, or position Launch Pads or Teleporters to allow Brawlers to get in without using a Super, Gadget, or Star Power.
- Draft: In this stage, you can change the map as much as you want. You can also play with your friends in friendly games to test out the maps. Maps with this status will occupy map spaces (maximum 5). Editing a Map with a Submitted or Greenlit status will revert its status back to Draft.
- Submitted: In this stage, you can invite friends to rate your map through friendly games. Although you can still edit the map, the votes will be cleared once you edit it. You can have only one map at this stage at a time.
- Greenlit: After your map gets at least 10 approvals and at least 50% approval rate, the map will be available to be published. This status will not occupy your map spaces. You cannot publish anymore greenlit maps if any of the published maps have a rating of below 50% or are banned.
- Rejected: If the map does not get at least a 50% approval rate before it gets 10 approvals, it gets rejected. Maps will also get rejected if it is not yet greenlit before a given time after Submission. (Time is still being recorded). The owner of the map can edit it to improve it and then resubmit. Its existing approvals will be cleared.
- Published: After you publish the map, there is no way unpublish it other than deleting it. Maps with this status will be available to everyone to play in another event slot called "Competition Entry Map". No Trophies will be lost or gained in this event. The map that is most highly rated will proceed to "Competition Winner", and Trophies do matter in this event slot. This map status will not occupy your 5 map spaces.
- Featured: The map is featured in the Competition Entry Map event slot. You will receive an inbox message about the results of the map including amount of participants and positive vote percentage. Note: This status was implemented in the Brawlidays 2020 update, so any maps being tested in the Competition Entry Map slot before the update will remain published. However, they can still be featured after the update.
- Winner: The map was/is featured in the Competition Entry Map event slot and won. You will receive an inbox message notifying that it is now in the Competion Winner event slot.
- Banned: If enough people report a map, the map will automatically be banned. The owner of the map will receive an inbox message, and the banned maps can only be deleted. Banned maps cannot be played in friendly games.
- Competition Entry Map: Maps from all around the world that are approved by more than 10 friends and given a 50% or higher approval rating will be playable here. The map in this slot will change every 10 seconds, and you cannot see the map name, author, or layout before joining the match. After every match, you will be prompted to vote for the map (either upvote or downvote) and you cannot use the Play Again button. You will receive 10 Tokens for your first three votes of the day. Trophies will not be gained or lost while playing in this slot, but progress can be made toward Quests.
- Competition Winner: The most upvoted map from the previous day will be in this slot. You can see the map name, author, and layout before joining a match, and you can gain or lose Trophies for playing matches in this map slot. You cannot use the Play Again button after a Brawl.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani • Edgar|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout • Byron|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy • Amber|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette • Lou • Colonel Ruffs|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Brawl Stars Championship|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins • Map Maker|