Layer Cake is a community map for the Bounty event.
Layer Cake is a map that is divided into 4 different layers, with each layer having 2 clumps of walls with bushes in between. Each team has 2 layers, and between each layer is a moderate amount of open space. The middle star is in the open area between the front layer on each teams side, with the star closest to the middle clump of bushes in the layer. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Since Layer Cake has barely anything blocking projectiles that go through bushes, Piper and Brock could be used for this map. With Piper, use her Ambush Star Power to use the bushes effectively.
- Destroying the clumps of walls on the enemy teams side can prove useful later on in the match when they try to fall back to regenerate.
- Sneaking into the clumps of bushes on the enemies side without them noticing provides for an easy defeat.
- Jessie could control the center as her shot bouncing off other Brawlers is easy due the layer divisions.
- Try pushing the enemy to their last layer to see their movements and pick them off individually.
- Dynamike, Barley, Tick, and Sprout are great if the walls are not destroyed as they can land their shots consistently between the layers. They can also use their main attacks to shower down projectiles and block off the choke points on both sides of the map, thereby limiting and even pushing back enemy movement and allowing allies to gain control of the center of the map. Area control and positioning are key for succeeding in this map.
- Mortis acts as an okay counter against these Brawlers. Generally, these Brawlers will run away when within sight of Mortis, unless the throwers can defend themselves quite well.
- Penny's cannon is good in this map because of the amount of control it is able to maintain. Penny's Balls of Fire Star Power allows shots to maintain even more control.
- Mr. P can be very useful in this map because he can attack enemies hiding behind walls with his main attack. The same can be said about his Super. If placed correctly, it can give the enemy team a lot of trouble (especially with the "Revolving Door" Star Power).
- Surge can be useful on this map. His Power Surge Gadget allows him to teleport from behind walls, easily killing enemies and charging his Super.
- On 29/1/19, Layer Cake was added to the game.
- On 21/5/19, the environment of Layer Cake had changed from Old Town theme to Retropolis theme.
- On 15/11/19, Layer Cake was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2019 as a Quarterfinals map.
- On 8/2/20, Layer Cake was featured in the February Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage III map.
- On 2/7/20, the environment of Layer Cake had changed from Retropolis theme to Mini City theme.
- On 8/8/20, Layer Cake was featured in the August Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage II map.
- On 10/9/20, the environment of Layer Cake had changed from Mini City theme to Arcade theme.
- On 27/1/21, Layer Cake was removed from the game.
- On 16/6/21, Layer Cake was added back to the game. Layer Cake was featured in the Season 3 Power League as a Bounty map.
- On 23/7/21, Layer Cake was featured in the Griff Challenge as a Stage IV map.