Jessie is a Common Brawler who is unlocked as a Trophy Road reward upon reaching 500 Trophies. She has moderately low health, moderate damage and a rather slow reload speed. Her attack is an electric orb that bounces between enemies. Her Super plants Scrappy, a turret with moderate health and damage output that excels at attacking, distracting and defending. Her first Gadget, Spark Plug, creates a shockwave around Scrappy that slows down enemies. Her second Gadget, Recoil Spring, doubles Scrappy's attack speed for 5 seconds. Her first Star Power, Energize, allows her to heal her turret by attacking it and her second Star Power, Shocky, allows her turret to shoot mini energy orbs that can bounce between enemies.
Attack: Shock Rifle
Jessie fires a medium-ranged, medium-width energy orb with moderate damage. When the orb hits an enemy, it bounces toward the next nearest enemy, even enemies who are outside its range, behind walls or inside bushes. It can bounce up to 2 times more after that and hit 3 enemies in total before disappearing. The projectile's damage is decreased by 25% after bouncing as well as its speed and range, but the bounces don’t affect its Super charge rate.
For her Super, Jessie deploys a turret with the same health as Jessie herself. This turret can be thrown anywhere and over walls within a short distance from Jessie. The turret is stationary and fires medium-ranged shots at enemies. The shots themselves deal rather low damage but the firing speed gives it a decent damage potential.
Upon activation, Jessie's turret triggers a shockwave around itself, slowing down enemies within its area of effect. The slow lasts for 4 seconds, and the shockwave has a radius of 4.33 tiles. The Gadget can only be used while Jessie has a turret from her Super active on the map within 12 tiles of her location.
Upon activation, Jessie doubles her turret's attack speed for 5 seconds. These bullets retain their properties from her Shocky Star Power and can charge Jessie's Super when hitting enemies. If Jessie is defeated, the turret's reload speed is reverted back to normal. The Gadget can only be used while Jessie has a turret from her Super active on the map within 12 tiles of her location.
Jessie's Star Power allows her to hit her turret with her main attack to heal it for 896 health. The attack still bounces towards the closest enemy like normal, even if the turret is still at full health. This affects Jessie's attack damage reduction for each bounce.
This allows Jessie's turret to shoot energy orbs instead of the usual bullets that can hit multiple enemies by bouncing between them, similar to Jessie's attacks. The attack speed, range, and damage of the turret remain the same. The bullets' range and travel time is decreased after hitting an enemy. A maximum of 3 enemies can be hit from a single bullet.
- After hitting a target, Jessie's attack always bounces towards the nearest enemy that hasn't already been hit. This can be used to determine enemy positions, even if they are out of range or hiding in bushes, or invisible such as Leon or Sandy.
- The bounce mechanic of Jessie's attack can quickly cripple entire teams. Lock down choke-points or linear sections of the map to punish grouped up enemies by dealing considerable damage to them and rapidly charging your Super.
- Jessie's turret can deal considerable damage if ignored, making it an excellent way to distract enemies if they attempt to destroy it.
- Jessie's turret deals small but noticeable damage that racks up quickly. Unfortunately, it can be easily avoided by running perpendicular along its attack direction. Prevent enemies from dodging effectively by placing the turret in a place where it can cover a linear area.
- While in a bush, Jessie's turret is invisible to enemies unless they are also in the bush and right next to it. Enemies right next to it in a bush are so visible by Jessie and her teammates. However, just like a player, the turret will become visible while attacking or taking damage.
- In Heist, Jessie's turret can be placed in front of their safe to help defend against enemies by shielding the safe and by dealing damage. Likewise, it can also be used offensively against the enemy safe with the help of her Recoil Spring Gadget to multiply the turrets damage output.
- Her Energize Star Power helps keep the turret survive for longer and extend Jessie's range by bouncing her attacks. Meanwhile, her Shocky Star Power will allow Jessie's turret's attacks to bounce off and potentially hit more enemies, who could either be defenders on the enemy side or attackers on your safe.
- Be wary of Penny when placing her turret to defend, as otherwise she may be able to use the turret to potentially triple damage onto the safe.
- When using Jessie's Energize Star power, place her turret near an important chokepoint on the map and keep shooting at the turret to heal it while enemies are near it. This will continuously heal her turret while it deals damage, and her regular attacks can also deal damage to the enemies too.
- Jessie can charge her Super very quickly. 6 hits (or 2 perfect shots hitting 3 enemies by bouncing) is enough to charge her Super without any pre-existing charge.
- Turret placement is one of the most important skills with Jessie. When facing short-ranged Brawlers, place it out in the open so that they are forced to take attacks from it as they attempt to destroy it. When facing long-ranged Brawlers, place it next to their walls, but on her team's side of the wall so they have to walk around the wall to attack it and take damage. When facing throwers, throw it over the wall that they are hiding behind to do some damage to them and force them to use their attacks on the turret.
- Jessie's Spark Plug Gadget is incredibly useful for taking down enemies. It can hit enemies through walls in a radius around the turret. After enemies are slowed down, Jessie can attack the enemy easily, and the turret can hit all shots while the enemy is slowed. Jessie can also use it to defend from heavyweights and assassins.
- Jessie's Recoil Spring Gadget although capable of providing a lot of value, only excels when taking out stationary targets. It should be coupled with her Shocky Star Power, forcing enemies to take damage as they attempt to defend.
- Jessie is amazing in Big Game when she is the Big Brawler because she can use her Super to defend herself. Her damage increases, her shots bounce and her reload speed increases too, making her a very decent Big Brawler in this mode.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"Jess will fix it!"
"I'm number one!"
"Build and brawl!"
"I'm in the lead."
"Socket to ya!"
"Time to get constructive."
"Broken beyond repair."
"Say hello to my little friend."
"Where will I put my friend?"
"Oh no you didn't."
"Don't mess with Jess!"
"We can do this!"
"No no no!"
- The health decay mechanic was removed from Jessie's Super.
- Jessie's main attack damage was decreased to 140 (from 160).
- Jessie's Super charge was decreased by 12.5%.
- Jessie's main attack damage was increased to 160 (from 140).
- Scrappy's firing delay was decreased to 0.25s (from 0.35s).
- The turret's bullet speed increased by 33%.
- Scrappy's reload time was increased to 0.30s (from 0.25s).
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Jessie's Energize Star Power was added.
- Jessie's main attack's damage was increased to 720 (from 640).
- Jessie's health was increased to 3200 (from 2800)
- Her Energize Star Power healing was increased to 800 (from 600).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Jessie's movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Jessie's main attack projectile size was increased.
- Jessie's main attack damage was increased to 780 (from 720).
- Jessie and her turret were remodeled.
- The Summer and Dragon Knight Jessie skins were released.
- Jessie's main attack damage was increased to 820 (from 780).
- Jessie's reload time was decreased to 1.8 seconds (from 2 seconds).
- Jessie's main attack projectile was re-textured.
- Jessie's Shocky Star Power was added.
- Summer Jessie's main attack visual effects were reworked.
- Jessie's main attack damage was increased to 840 (from 820).
- Scrappy's damage was increased to 260 (from 240).
- Dragon Knight Jessie's projectile was re-textured, and the Shadow Knight Jessie skin was added.
- Jessie's main attack projectile speed was increased by 10%.
- Scrappy's health was increased to 3000 (from 2800).
- Jessie's Spark Plug Gadget was added.
- The Tanuki Jessie skin was added.
- The Red Dragon Jessie skin became available to every user until 30/7/20. It was featured to celebrate the launch of Brawl Stars in China.
- Jessie's Recoil Spring Gadget was added.
- Jessie's facial animations were reworked.
- Her Super charge rate was decreased slightly from her main attack.
- Her Super charge rate was increased slightly from her Super.
- Jessie's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Jessie's main attack damage was increased to 920 (from 840).
- Jessie's Energize Star Power healing was increased to 896 (from 800).
- Scrappy's health was increased to 3200 (from 3000).
- Jessie's main attack damage was increased to 1120 (from 920).
- Each bounce from her main attack now deals 25% less damage. Super charge rate was unaffected.
- Shadow Knight Jessie's facial animations were slightly reworked.
- Jessie's main attack damage was decreased to 1060 (from 1120).
- Jessie's health was decreased to 3000 (from 3200).
- Scrappy's health was decreased to 3000 (from 3200).
- Jessie and her turret were remodeled, along with her True Gold and True Silver skins.
- Jessie's class was changed to Damage Dealer (from Fighter).
- The Cat Burglar Jessie skin was unlockable for free after reaching 1000 points in the World Championship Finals 2021.
- Jessie's facial animations were slightly reworked.