Jacky is a Super Rare Brawler with high health and a moderately high but inconsistent damage output. She has a Trait that allows her to charge her Super from enemies damaging Jacky. She attacks with her jackhammer, which smashes the ground and instantly deals moderately high damage in a circular area-of-effect around her. Her Super pulls in enemies in a large radius and grants her a shield for the duration of her Super. Her Gadget, Pneumatic Booster, briefly increases her movement speed. Her first Star Power, Counter Crush, converts an amount of any incoming damage and reflects back at surrounding enemies. Her second Star Power, Hardy Hard Hat, passively reduces any and all damage she takes by 10%.
Whenever Jacky takes damage from an enemy Brawler and the enemy Brawler’s spawnables, she charges her Super. The Super charge rate depends on the damage the enemy deals. It takes 20000 damage to charge a Super completely, and all damage is calculated after shielding and other effects.
Jacky damages all enemies in a radius around her, including enemies behind walls. The damage is dealt immediately without any travel time, but Jacky has a relatively slow reload speed and attack cooldown. There is no direction of travel to this attack, so aiming is not required, though aiming can be used to show you the area-of-effect.
Super: Holey Moley!
Jacky pulls in enemies in a radius around her after 0.5 seconds, granting her a shield that momentarily halves all damage she receives. Just like Jacky's attack, aiming is not required, but there’s an area-of-effect displayed if you aim. Enemies in bushes and invisible enemies like Leon will be revealed if they are pulled.
Gadget: Pneumatic Booster
This Gadget allows Jacky to temporarily move faster than usual for 3 seconds. This doesn’t stack with other speed boosts.
Any time Jacky is damaged, she will spontaneously perform a counterattack similar to her attack. It has a radius of 4 tiles, and it damages for 30% of the damage Jacky received. This won't consume ammo, and Counter Crush doesn’t trigger Counter Crush on an opposing Jacky.
Hardy Hard Hat
This passively reduces all damage she takes by 10% for the full duration of the match, allowing her to withstand up to around 7778 damage without any outside buffs. It does not stack with the shield from her Super and the Super shield will take effect over this ability.
- Jacky's short range limits her offensive capabilities, but she has enough range to attack enemies that are at least a tile behind walls, which she can use to her advantage by attacking enemies behind walls. This strictly limits throwers that can otherwise take cover behind walls.
- Jacky's attack circles around her, which means that she can attack behind her, so if an enemy approaches you from behind, you can still hit them, as long as they are close to you. However, keep in mind that her attack is instantaneous, so you cannot run to extend your range.
- Jacky has the same movement speed as other heavyweights. This means that she can catch up to Brawlers that are escaping from her. If she has her Pneumatic Booster Gadget, this can be useful when chasing other fast Brawlers like Max and will help in game modes like Brawl Ball, Bounty and Showdown. With her high health as well, she can rush enemies and defeat them easily. However, be wary of slowing Gadgets and Supers like Bea and Emz’s Super since they will slow Jacky down.
- The quick burst of speed from her Pneumatic Booster Gadget is helpful to position Jacky quickly, escape in dangerous situations or when low on health, hunt enemies down, or secure vital items like Bolts in Siege or Gems in Gem Grab.
- Jacky can use her Super to pull in enemies before using her attack since she requires to be close to enemies to damage them. Note that her ammo won’t recharge during her Super, so make sure to reload all your ammo before you use her Super. Jacky's Super can also be used to interrupt potentially dangerous Supers (like Carl's or Frank's).
- Remember that Jacky's Super can pull enemies into her. Pairing her with a brawler that does area damage is very effective when you use her super, like Dynamike. First, pull the enemies in with your Super. Then, the other brawler can attack the pulled in enemies with their Super, dealing massive damage and leading to a potential team-wipe, which can be devastating to enemies. However, Jacky can’t move, attack or reload with her super, so you have to be extremely careful when using it.
- In Brawl Ball, if an enemy holding the Ball gets caught in her Super, the Ball drops. This allows teammates to quickly steal the Ball or prevent an enemy from scoring. In addition, Jacky has a high damage output, high health, and a fast movement speed, which is better justified with her Pneumatic Booster Gadget, making Jacky very viable in this event.
- Jacky’s attack is unique; auto-aiming or manually aiming renders the same attack direction and range. Because of this, players can focus on other aspects of the match such as dodging attacks and positioning, and players don't to aim to see the attack range.
- In Showdown, Jacky's circular area damage mechanics along with her high damage is useful in some maps to destroy large groups of Power Cube Boxes in maps like Feast or Famine, Dark Passage, Two Thousand Lakes and Acid Lakes. However, since her range is short like other heavyweights, she should prioritize getting Power Cubes and should avoid immediate conflict with other Brawlers.
- Jacky, despite being a heavyweight, can’t outmatch other heavyweights. This is because she reloads rather slowly and doesn’t deal enough damage to eliminate such Brawlers with three ammo. Since all other heavyweights reload faster and/or deal more damage than her (like Bull), she can neither defeat heavyweights in three shots nor can she reload fast enough to get a fourth one before getting eliminated. When facing Bull, Shelly, or Darryl, try to stay out of their range as much as possible, while attacking them. Using your Pneumatic Booster Gadget to escape from them is also possible.
- Jacky should focus on picking on low-medium health Brawlers or low-damaging and slow-reloading ones. If a Brawler reloads slower or deals less damage, Jacky can eliminate them easily as she has high health and high health and can withstand three to five of their shots. In addition, make sure that the enemy has exhausted all their ammo so you can get close to them without taking major damage from being out-ranged.
- When trying to pull an enemy with your Super, try to drag the joystick to know if you are going to pull the enemy or not. Otherwise you risk exposing yourself to enemy fire due to the fact that the Super makes you immobile.
- Due to Jacky’s short range, she isn’t ideal for extremely open maps such as Purple Paradise in Bounty, where long-ranged Brawlers will outrange her and fend Jacky off. If playing Jacky on an open map, use her Hardy Hard Hat Star Power because she can rush enemies and dodge their shots, and she can withstand more damage. Her Counter Crush Star Power is less useful since its range won’t be enough to defeat long-ranged Brawlers from a range, and is used to engage in close-ranged combat.
- Remember that Jacky does have a slow reload speed, so after attacking or defeating an enemy, you would want to stay out of the battle and heal up or reload your ammo, instead of going too “aggro” on enemies.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
Ultra Driller: "Let's go kick some *drill*!"
"Let's go kick some *drill*!"
Ultra Driller: "Ha, I'm wicked good!"
"Ha, I'm wicked good!"
Ultra Driller: "Hey! Leave me alone."
"Hey! Leave me alone."
Ultra Driller: "Ha! Got you good."
"Ha! Got you good."
Ultra Driller: "I'll stick a *drill* in your *drill*!"
"I'll stick a *drill* in your *drill*!"
Ultra Driller: "Drill skills? Yeah!"
"Drill skills? Yeah!"
Ultra Driller: "Time to go to work."
"Time to go to work."
Ultra Driller: "Jacked up Jacky does it again."
"Jacked up Jacky does it again."
Ultra Driller: "You dirty *drill*!"
"You dirty *drill*!"
Ultra Driller: "That's what you get!"
"That's what you get!"
Ultra Driller: "*drill* and *drill*, and *drill*, and also *drill*!"
"*drill* and *drill*, and *drill*, and also *drill*!"
Ultra Driller: Jacky laughs
Ultra Driller: "I'll fix this situation."
"I'll fix this situation."
Ultra Driller: "This is one wicked rippa!"
"This is one wicked rippa!"
Ultra Driller: "Why I aughta..."
"Why I aughta..."
Ultra Driller: "Ha! I got plenty more where that came from."
"Ha! I got plenty more where that came from."
Ultra Driller: "Seriously? *drill* this!"
"Seriously? *drill* this!"
Ultra Driller: "Drilla!"
Ultra Driller: "Outta my way jabroni."
"Outta my way jabroni."
Ultra Driller: "*drill* yeah!"
Ultra Driller: "Holey *drill*!"
Ultra Driller: "How do you like them apples?"
"How do you like them apples?"
Ultra Driller: "What the *drill* was that!"
"What the *drill* was that!"
Ultra Driller: "It's drillin' time!"
"It's drillin' time!"
Ultra Driller: "Hey! Watch out chowderhead."
"Hey! Watch out chowderhead."
Ultra Driller: "Ha. You look bored."
"Ha. You look bored."
Ultra Driller: "Come to Jacky and get some smacky!"
"Come to Jacky and get some smacky!"
Ultra Driller: "Bore off."
Ultra Driller: "Hey chucklehead, come over here!"
"Hey chucklehead, come over here!"
- Jacky was added to the game.
- Jacky's facial animations were slightly tweaked.
- Jacky's Star Power Hardy Hard Hat was added.
- Jacky's main attack damage was decreased to 1200 (from 1300) and delay between attacks was increased by 25%.
- Her Pneumatic Booster movement speed effect was decreased to 30% (from 38%).
- Jacky's health was decreased to 5200 (from 5500).
- Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed Jacky to kick the ball in Brawl Ball while channeling her Super.
- The Constructor Jacky skin was added.
- Jacky's Pneumatic Booster charges were decreased to 2 (from 3).
- Jacky's health was decreased to 5000 (from 5200).
- Her Pneumatic Booster speed boost was decreased to 20% (from 30%).
- Her Pneumatic Booster charges were increased to 3 (from 2).
- The Ultra Driller Jacky skin was added.
- Jacky's Counter Crush radius was increased by 50%.
- Jacky's main attack damage was increased to 1280 (from 1200).
- Her Counter Crush efficiency was increased to 30% (from 15%).
- Jacky's Counter Crush no longer triggers an opposing Jacky's Counter Crush to remove damage loops.
- Jacky and Constructor Jacky's facial animations were reworked.
- Jacky's walking effects were tweaked.
- Jacky's Counter Crush Star Power's range was increased by 33%.
- Jacky gained a Trait where she can now charge her Super from receiving damage.
- Her Hardy Hard Hat damage reduction was decreased to 10% (from 15%).
- The Super charge rate from her Trait was decreased to 20% (from 30%).
- The Jet Ski Jacky skin was added. It was featured as a Power League exclusive skin for Brawl Pass Season 7.