The map is shaped into a circular island with four points stretching out of the center ring. The outskirts of the map contains a thick strip of bushes, occasionally with walls, leaving ambushes to be common occurrences. The center is more confined in bushes than the outer ring. It has more walls than the outer ring. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Bo is great on this map when he has his Circling Eagle Star Power equipped. He can use it to scan the extensive bushes surrounding this map using his added vision, allowing him to ambush enemies before they even see Bo. This gives him a crucial advantage over enemies inside bushes. Even without his Circling Eagle Star Power, Bo can use his above average HP and his Super to effectively control the center of the map.
- Tara is very strong on this map when she has her Psychic Enhancer Gadget equipped because it allows her to temporarily reveal all enemies hiding in the large amount of bushes on this map. This gives her a big advantage over concealed enemies who will find it harder to avoid taking damage when their location is revealed.
- Bull, Edgar, Shelly and El Primo and other short-ranged Brawlers can use the large amount of bushes surrounding the center of the map to ambush enemies who reveal their locations while remaining completely concealed. Short-ranged Brawlers normally deal large amounts of damage within a short timeframe, allowing them to overcome enemies when engaging in short-ranged combat.
- Darryl in this map is great for escaping tight situations. He can roll over the water to escape certain death from hard counters such as Shelly. Aim Darryl's Super the correct way, otherwise you may end up back where you started.
- If the Brawler you're using does not have a way to destroy bushes, staying near one of the four points can act as a safety net.
- The center of the map is fit for more medium-ranged Brawlers than long-ranged ones. However, a few Brawlers with long range will still be able to do well because of their Supers' ability to destroy obstacles. Note that shorter-ranged Brawlers may attempt to surround you or use their high health to overwhelm you in combat, so make sure you target incoming enemies and be very careful not to get too close to heavyweight Brawlers.
- Camping near a box adjacent to bushes can help you find enemies. While they waste their ammo on the box, you can sneak up on them and take them out easily. This is best done with assassins, but anyone who can deal massive damage up close can also suffice.
- In Duo Showdown, Mr. P is an excellent pick, as he can use his Porter Reinforcements gadget to sniff out enemies. It's best to team up with someone with a higher damage potential, however, as Mr. P cannot deal much damage if the enemy continually approaches them.
- Rico is an excellent brawler to use in this map as his projectiles will bounce if they hit a wall. This may be useful to break boxes.
- Emz and Poco are both great for this map as they have such wide range, they can check whether there are ambushers. They can be a great duo team as well because Emz will be able to use her super to check bush campers and Poco can heal with his super.
- Stu is also good on this map because he has a quick charging super which is good if he is running away or trying to get closer to another brawler, and while using the dash he can burn the brawlers.
- Rosa is an excellent pick with her Unfriendly Bushes gadget revealing enemy brawlers and slowing them so Rosa can chase them down. Additionally, her super is a great offensive and defensive tool as it can reduce the damage taken to her majorly. With her Plant Life star power equipped, Rosa can also heal while in the grass, even while fighting, giving her a major advantage
- Edgar and Bibi are both really good together in Duo Showdown for this map. Edgar can heal himself and finish brawlers fast, and when he gets lower health, Bibi can take turn to knockout brawlers.
- On 27/9/18, Island Invasion was added to the game.
- On 29/1/19, Island Invasion was affected by the Meteor Shower Modifier.
- On 15/4/19, Island Invasion was removed from the game.
- On 18/9/19, Island Invasion was added back to the game as a Lone Star map.
- On 23/10/19, Island Invasion was removed from the game.
- On 15/12/20, Island Invasion was added back to the game as a Showdown map without a Modifier.
- On 16/6/21, Island Invasion was removed from the game.