In the Hot Zone Event, there are 1-3 zones with 3.33 tile radii in the middle to take over. Every half a second, a zone that's being occupied gets filled slightly. A total of 50 seconds is needed in order to capture a zone. In case of multiple zones, zones with captured points change their appearance, signaling their completion. Pets, turrets, and any other non-Brawler entity cannot raise a zone's completion. The first team to capture the zone(s) wins. Matches are 3 minutes long, and the team with the greater capture percentage wins in case the match ends. If the teams have the same percentage by the end of the match, they get a draw. Two teams can be at a zone at the same time, and entering a zone does not disrupt the other team's progress.
- Frank: Frank's enormous health pool, stunning Super, and above average movement speed allows him to control zones easily. His ability to attack enemies that aren't capturing a zone using their medium range makes him a great tank option aside from Rosa.
- Jessie: She dominates both single and double-zoned maps, with her projectile bouncing effectively between closely clustered opponents standing inside of or approaching a zone. Her turret can be placed between two zones to assist both, and her Energize Star Power allows her to funnel extra shots into one zone while occupying the other zone. On single-zone maps, her Shocky Star Power can add some extra chaos into the midst of taking control of a zone or guard it against entry by opponents.
- Tara: Tara's range and spread of her cards are great for attacking opponents standing close together inside a zone, but she really shines when putting her Super to work. Her Super can frequently catch two or three opponents in it each time, drawing them together to make easier targets for her teammates and even managing to chain several of her Supers in a row to wipe out a team.
- Pam: In addition to the healing turret from her Super keeping her team alive, Pam can deal some intense damage at close range, and help eliminate damaged enemies from a longer distance. Her Mama's Hug Star Power is especially useful on single-zone maps when she's staying near her teammates.
- Sandy: Sandy is great at dealing damage at close range to several enemies. His Super can hide all allies in the sandstorm so that enemy Brawlers will be less likely to hit them. His Rude Sands Star Power can deter enemies from entering a zone, and his Healing Winds Star Power will slowly heal allies in his sandstorm.
- Mr. P: Mr. P's bouncing main attack allows him to charge his Super in modes with zone barriers. This often pushes enemies back, forcing them to lose their position which overtime gives their team a higher capture percentage. Once Mr. P's Super is charged, he can perfectly counter low-damage Brawlers using a constant stream of porters to pressure them to lose position.
- Poco: Poco inflicts consistent low-level damage to multiple enemies at the same time, often healing his teammates in the process with his Da Capo! Star Power. His healing Super travels an even larger distance, allowing him to heal teammates from a different zone or while approaching/fleeing a zone. His Gadget Tuning Fork paired with his first Star Power as well as his Super offers so much healing which allows teammates to stay alive longer.
- Emz: Emz with her spray attack and her Friendzoner Gadget can push enemies out of the zone as well as gain a lot of control with her Super. Her main attack is able to take hold of most of a zone for a few seconds. If an enemy has almost full control of a zone, her Super can help to hinder enemies for teammates with crowd control capabilities, such as Jessie.
- Max: Max is able to hold a zone off from a distance, channeling her super for teammates for opportunities of controlling a zone. Her movement speed, Phase Shifter Gadget, and Super allows Max to pick off potential sharpshooters and throwers that attempt to control a zone. Max is just what heavyweights and other shorter ranged Brawlers need in order to be viable.
- Gale: Gale has both a wide and fast main attack and can help with stopping enemies from healing while occupying a zone. His Super can push enemies away from zone, and in the case of his Star Power Blustery Blow stun them potentially preventing counters from attacking for half a second. His Gadget Spring Ejector can allow him and his teammates to traverse to separate zones quickly and efficiently.
- Barley and Tick: Both are niche Brawlers, but really excel in certain maps such as Parallel Plays. Barley can control a zone with his Super, while Tick is more damage oriented. Both of these Brawlers should stay back and hinder enemies that attempt to engage teammates. Barley has his Gadget Sticky Syrup Mixer, and Tick has his Super to help stop assassins and heavyweights in their tracks for a quick burst down to finish them off.
- Penny: Penny is a solid Brawler in this game mode because her turret with Balls of Fire allows Penny and her team to have control of zones. Also, since enemies are mostly grouped together in this game mode, her splash attack is capable of team wiping. She is well played on maps like Split and Massive Attack.
- El Primo: El Primo provides excellent control with his high health and Super. Both of his Gadgets are useful; you can use Suplex Supplement to get rid of unwanted enemies and Asteroid Belt can be used to force enemy Brawlers out of a zone. One of his best maps is Massive Attack, where rope fences hinder most escape routes for enemies.
- This event, similar to Gem Grab and Siege, is very control based. Unlike Showdown and Brawl Ball, where one is fighting with an intent to eliminate enemy Brawlers, this is an event where you must maintain position.
- Brawlers' presence on zones do not stack. Brawlers that can control a zone alone can be given better support by handling enemies heading toward a zone then ones that enter a zone.
- Even standing in a zone for a short period of time brings victory closer, so it is better to split up at the start of the match to start capturing each zone individually.
- Do not be afraid of taking fights into a zone as standing outside it does not allow your team to gain any points. Try to be within an uncaptured zone whenever possible.
- On 23/1/20, Hot Zone was added to the game temporarily as an Event during the Lunar New Year 2020 event.
- Hot Zone included a point system where every 3 seconds a Brawler standing inside a zone gained a point. Results were conducted based on the amount of points gathered by both teams. After 30 seconds remained points were gathered every 1.5 seconds. A team's progress on a zone could be disrupted by the other team, and cannot capture the point at the same time. If any enemy Brawler enters a zone the teammate is raising, it will glow purple with crossed swords mark on the center of the zone.
- On 13/5/20, Hot Zone was brought back with improvements for a three week period.
- The point system was replaced with a percentage flag-based system, as well as their appearance. Every 0.5 seconds the zone being occupied increased by 1%, and the flag was raised slightly. A zone can no longer be increased once the flag is fully raised. Matches remained the same throughout the 3 minutes, and teams were no longer able to disrupt the other team's progress.
- On 9/6/20, Hot Zone was removed for the second time. However, it can still be played in friendly games.
- On 2/7/20, Hot Zone was brought back and became a permanent event. The map Tiny Town was also added as the first 3-zone Hot Zone map.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani • Edgar|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout • Byron|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy • Amber|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette • Lou • Colonel Ruffs|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Brawl Stars Championship|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins • Map Maker|