In the Hot Zone Event, there are 1-3 zones in the middle to take over. Every half a second, the zone that's being occupied flag raises slightly. A total of 50 seconds is needed in order to raise a flag to the top. In case of multiple zones, zones with raised flags change their appearance signaling their completion. Pets, turrets, and any other non-Brawler entity cannot raise a zone's flag. The first team to raise the flag(s) wins. Matches are 3 minutes long, and the team with the greater capture percentage wins in case the match ends. If the teams have the same amount by the end of the match, they get a draw. Two teams can be at a zone at the same time, and entering a zone does not disrupt the other team's progress.
- Nita: Her attack passes through multiple enemies, perfect for opponents standing behind each other in a zone, or while they're approaching the zone after spawning. The bear summoned by her Super is useful as either an aggressive shield to use while chasing down opponents, or a devastating distraction to be thrown at low-health enemies who stay out of Nita's range while she remains inside the zone.
- Jessie: She dominates both single- and double-zoned maps, with her projectile bouncing effectively between closely clustered opponents standing inside of or approaching a zone. Her turret can be placed between two zones to assist both, and her Energize Star Power allows her to funnel extra shots into one zone while occupying the other zone. On single-zone maps, the Shocky Star Power can add some extra chaos into the midst of taking control of a zone or guard it against entry by opponents.
- Tara: Tara's range and spread of her cards are great for attacking opponents standing close together inside a zone, but she really shines when putting her super to work. Her super can frequently catch two or three opponents in it each time, drawing them together to make easier targets for her teammates and even managing to chain several of her Supers in a row to wipe out a team.
- Pam: In addition to the healing turret from her Super keeping her team alive, Pam can deal some intense damage at close range, and help kill off damaged enemies from a longer distance. Her Mama's Hug Star Power is especially useful on single-zone maps when she's staying near her teammates.
- Sandy: He is great at dealing damage at close range to several enemies. His Super can hide all allies in the sandstorm so that enemy Brawlers will be less likely to hit them. His Rude Sands Star Power can deter enemies from entering a zone, and his Healing Winds Star Power will slowly heal allies in his sandstorm.
- Sprout: On Hot Zone maps with a substantial amount of obstacles such as Massive Attack, Sprout can take cover while effectively defending the zone from groups of enemies. Its Super can block enemies from entering the zone while Sprout safely lobs its attacks over walls made from its Super or pre-existing obstacles. Sprout works best in maps that have zone barriers.
- Poco: Poco inflicts consistent low-level damage to multiple enemies at the same time, often healing his teammates in the process with his Da Capo! Star Power. His healing Super travels an even larger distance, allowing him to heal teammates from a different zone or while approaching/fleeing a zone. His Gadget Tuning Fork paired with his first Star Power as well as his Super offers so much healing which allows teammates to stay alive longer.
- Emz: Emz with her spray attack and Gadget Friendzoner can push enemies out of the zone as well as gain a lot of control with her Super. Her main attack is able to take hold of most of a zone for a few seconds. If an enemy has almost full control of a zone, her Super can help to hinder enemies for teammates with crowd control capabilities such as Jessie.
- Max: Max is able to hold a zone off from a distance channeling their super for teammates for opportunities of controlling a zone. Their movement speed, Phase Shifter Gadget, and Super allows them to pick off potential sharpshooters and throwers that attempt to control a zone. Max is just what heavyweights and other shorter ranged Brawlers need in order to be viable.
- Gale: Gale has both a wide and fast main attack and can help with stopping enemies from healing while occupying a zone. His Super can push enemies away from zone, and in the case of his Star Power Blustery Blow stun them potentially preventing counters from attacking for half a second. His Gadget Spring Ejector can allow him and his teammates to traverse to separate zones quickly and efficiently.
- Barley and Tick: Both are niche Brawlers, but really excel in certain maps such as Street Brawler 2. Barley can control a zone with his Super, while Tick is more damage oriented. Both of these Brawlers should stay back and hinder enemies that attempt to engage teammates. Barley has their Gadget Sticky Syrup Mixer, and Tick has his Super to help stop assassins and heavyweights in their tracks for a quick burst down to finish them off.
- This event, similar to Gem Grab and Siege, is very control based. Unlike Showdown and Brawl Ball, where one is fighting with an intent to eliminate enemy Brawlers, this is an event where you must maintain position.
- Brawlers' presence on zones do not stack. Brawlers that can control a zone alone can be given better support by handling enemies heading toward a zone then ones that enter a zone.
- On 23/1/20, Hot Zone was added to the game temporarily as an Event during the Lunar New Year 2020 event.
- Hot Zone included a point system where every 3 seconds a Brawler standing inside a zone gained a point. Results were conducted based on the amount of points gathered by both teams. After 30 seconds remained points were gathered every 1.5 seconds. A team's progress on a zone could be disrupted by the other team.
- On 13/5/20, Hot Zone was brought back with improvements for a three week period.
- The point system was replaced with a percentage flag-based system, as well as their appearance. Every 0.5 seconds the zone being occupied increased by 1%, and the flag was raised slightly. A zone can no longer be increased once the flag is fully raised. Matches remained the same throughout the 3 minutes, and teams were no longer able to disrupt the other team's progress.
- On 9/6/20, Hot Zone was removed for the second time. However, it can still be played in friendly games.
- On 2/7/20, Hot Zone was brought back and became a permanent event.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Brawl Stars Championship • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge|
|Events||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Showdown • Duo Showdown • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Lone Star • Takedown • Present Plunder • Super City Rampage • Power Play|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Tickets • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins|