The map outside of the maze is flooded with lakes and has bushes in each corner. The squarish maze on the inside has several walls most of which are bordering it. The center of the maze is relatively open but contains a bush border and several cacti. The map has no symmetry.
- Rico's Super Bouncy Star Power is exceptionally good on this map as most of the time, shots that land would've ricochet off a wall before hitting an enemy.
- Throwers can shoot over the walls at enemies while hiding behind a wall. In most maps this is only useful. However, the maze's compactness makes it harder for Brawlers like Mortis to be within range of these Brawlers which they would otherwise counter. Mortis can dash away from attack's or dash to the Brawler to kill the enemy, especially when he is dashing to throwers.
- If used correctly, Dynamike's Dyna-Jump Star Power can almost guarantee survival unless Brawlers are forced into the center because of how the maze is arranged.
- Heavyweights should prioritize staying within the center while long-ranged Brawlers burst down enemies outside the maze's walls.
- The maze has a few entrances which forces Brawlers to stay within it once entered or otherwise be pinched when exiting.
- Throwers are usually common on this map, so this would be the best place to play brawlers like Crow or Edgar, since you could catch throwers off guard very easily.
- On 27/09/18, Hot Maze was added to the game.
- On 29/01/19, Hot Maze was removed from the game.
- On 18/09/19, Hot Maze was added back to the game as a Lone Star map.
- On 23/09/19, Hot Maze was now a Graveyard Shift map. The environment of Hot Maze had temporarily changed from the Storm Valley theme to the Mortuary theme.
- On 18/12/19, Hot Maze was removed from the game.
- On 01/03/22, Hot Maze was added back to the game as a Showdown map. The environment of Hot Maze had changed from the Mortuary theme to the Storm Valley theme.
- On 27/04/22, Hot Maze was removed from the game.