Hideout (originally called Groundhog Burrow) is an official map for the Bounty event.
(BEFORE THE 8/25/2021 REMODEL) The map features an uneven playing field. True blue's side contains fewer bushes, but more walls for cover. True red's side contains a rather large wall that Brawlers can use to heal and attack from, as well as a few horizontal walls. There is no symmetry on this map.
(AFTER THE 8/25/2021 REMODEL) The map features 2 clumps of fences, one with grass on each side. There are also more grass after the fences, along with 4-by-5 walls with grasses at the middle of the map. The side lanes are mostly barren. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Throwers can use the walls to handle enemies hiding in the nearby bushes. Sprout might have an advantage in this map due to its unique projectiles provided that the rest of the team can force the enemy into the walls. However, do consider that because of the walls, Sprout's projectiles will bounce, so crucial aim is necessary. Tick may be a viable alternative.
- Penny and her mortar can be great for enemies who are standing still waiting for an opportunity. Bushes should be destroyed whenever possible, where her Pocket Detonator Gadget can help.
- The right lane of the map can be used by sharpshooters and other long-ranged Brawlers to pressure enemies hiding near the large wall.
- The left lane is more fit for short to medium-ranged Brawlers. Short-ranged Brawlers have to gamble with the fact that they'll lose their protection once the cacti are destroyed.
- If your team is not negatively impacted from the loss of the cacti, take priority in destroying them.
- An excellent choice is Spike, as his attack can spread out spikes and check the bushes. With his Curveball Star Power, the spikes provide more area denial. Note that having a Spike in your team means that you should also have a Brawler to cover Spike, such as Dynamike or Tick, because Spike's low health makes him vulnerable.
- Barley is also a great choice because his attack, super and first gadget can all keep enemies away (but barley has to hide in the big patch of bushes half surrounded by walls). That way, he can survive and kill, that means that he can collect stars without losing them.
- Sharpshooters, such as Belle, Brock, or Piper, can take control on the side lines, since they are mostly open.
- On 4/9/17, Groundhog Burrow was added to the game.
- On 24/5/18, Groundhog Burrow was removed from the game.
- On 5/12/18, Groundhog Burrow was added back to the game. Groundhog Burrow was renamed to Hideout. Hideout was widened by 4 tiles.
- On 26/6/19, Hideout was removed from the game.
- On 25/8/21, Hideout was added back to the game. The environment of Hideout had changed from the Oasis theme to the Castle Courtyard theme. Hideout was tweaked to make both sides symmetrical. Hideout was featured in the Season 4 Power League as a Bounty map.