In the Gem Grab Event, there are two teams, each of which consists of 3 players. In the middle of the arena, there is a gem mine that produces purple gems every 7 seconds. The objective of the game mode is for your team to obtain 10 gems. When a player is defeated, they will drop all of the gems that they have picked up. Once a team has 10 gems, a countdown will appear on screen which lasts 15 seconds. If the counter gets to 0, the team that obtained the countdown will win. The countdown will stop and reset if a Brawler is defeated and drops enough gems for their team to drop below 10. If both teams have more than 10 gems and the same number of gems, the countdown will not start until one team has more gems.
There can never be more than 29 Gems in play at once. When the 29th Gem is spawned, a 30 second countdown will begin. Once this timer expires, the game will end, and the team holding the most Gems will win. Also, when there are at least 10 Gems lying on the map, the mine will not produce any more Gems until a Brawler picks one up.
- Nita: With her relatively high health and area damage, Nita is a great Brawler for dealing with groups of enemy Brawlers collecting gems. In addition, her bear can not only track down enemies that are hiding in bushes and force them to move away, but also it can be used to protect the gem carrier, as well as keeping enemies away from the gems if the gem carrier gets taken out.
- Pam: Pam is arguably the best gem carrier in the game. Her healing turret along with her Mama's Hug Star Power and Pulse Modulator Gadget can keep her team alive, and her high health lets her tank some damage to get gems. Her Mama's Squeeze can also be used in this game mode to control enemy territory much easier.
- Poco: Poco is a great gem carrier. His widespread attacks can do a lot of damage to groups of Brawlers, and he can heal himself and his teammates to stay in the fight. Poco does particularly well with tanks such as Rosa, especially with his Star Power Da Capo! and his Tuning Fork Gadget, as this allows the tanks to continually be aggressive without having to constantly fall back to heal.
- Jessie and Penny: When enemies clump up, their ability to hit multiple targets can deal a high amount of damage, allowing them to hold the gems very well. Their Supers are also good to control an area and keep enemies distracted, with Penny being better off placing hers behind walls.
- Tara: She can use her Super to either grab the enemy gem carrier for her and her teammates to defeat and take the gems or bunch up all of the enemies to prevent them from defeating her team's gem carrier. Her Psychic Enhancer gadget is also useful for tracking down enemies (especially gem carriers) in bushes.
- Rosa: Rosa's Super allows her to rush into the gem mine and get out, even if all three Brawlers are attacking her. Her heavyweight speed also allows her to catch up on the gem carrier and defeat them. In maps with tons of bushes, her Plant Life Star Power can keep her alive, especially if she is the gem carrier. Her Grow Light Gadget can connect lanes of bushes to sneak in and out with the gems much easier.
- Gene: Gene's Super can be used to take somebody out the fight, making it easier for your team. It can also hit the gem carrier, potentially changing the fate of the game. His Magic Puffs Star Power is very essential for this mode because Gene's teammates will likely be injured from trying to take the gems, and can heal his teammates, especially the gem carrier.
- Tick: Tick can be used to control the area around him. If you spawn his Super towards the Brawler with the most gems, there's a possibility that the robot can defeat the opponent. If that happens, rely on the tanks or yourself to get the gems.
- Bo: Bo can be used as a great gem carrier. When he gets his Super, he can spawn it right in front of the gem mine. The Brawler with the most gems would be most likely to fall into the bomb trap.
- Barley: While not necessarily a high-tier gem carrier, attacking early can delay opponents' access to the gem mine, force hurt players out of bushes, and can keep high-gem carriers secure by keeping opponents at a distance.
- Emz: Emz acts as a bodyguard for a gem carrier, putting enemies at bay with her area control attack and Super. Rosa, Jacky, and other commonly played "aggro" Brawlers can be stopped in their tracks with a combination of her main attack and slowing Super. Her greatest threats are enemy sharpshooters and throwers which can defeat her at range.
- Mr. P: Mr. P is a great gem carrier and can even be a good support Brawler too. His attacks can bounce over walls, allowing for great area denial and not allowing enemies to heal up behind them. His Super is very useful in this mode - his porters can continuously spawn and help tank a shot or two for your teammates or seek out aggressive enemies, even more helped with his Revolving Doors Star Power, because the rate of which the porters spawned will increase.
- Spike: Spike is capable of dealing huge amounts of damage at close-range or grouped-up enemies due to his basic attack exploding on impact and the spikes from it being shot in all directions, allowing him to easily defeat the gem carrier. His Super is also very useful for either controlling the gem mine or slowing down the retreating enemy team with the gems.
- Sandy: Sandy can provide much value by placing down his Super, allowing fellow teammate gem carries to escape and get the easy win. His Sleep Stimulator Gadget can keep him alive if he is carrying gems. Sandy also has a piercing attack so Brawlers who stick together will get taken down.
- Gale: Gale is arguably the best support Brawler. Not only can he use his Super to blow enemies away from the gems or the gem carrier, he can also use his Spring Ejector Gadget to quickly allow him and his teammates to regain control of the centre. Additionally his high damage allows him to quickly defeat low or mid health enemies if he gets close to anyone.
- Colette: Colette is a good tank counter to many of the tanks common in this game mode as she can easily strip them down. Her Super can also be useful for collecting gems from fallen opponents or from the gem mine.
- Max: Max is a great Brawler for this mode because she can rush in with either Gadget equipped and then retreat to safety. Max can also boost her and teammates' speed with her Super, benefiting the team's gem carrier.
- Controlling the area around the gem mine is important early in the game. Keep enemy Brawlers away while your team collects the gems as they appear.
- If you hold many of your team's gems, do not push forward without back-up from your allied Brawlers. If you are defeated without back-up, the enemy team will easily collect all of your gems and gain the upper hand.
- If you are part of the losing team during a countdown, you do not have to go for the enemy with the most gems. Defeat any enemy that could stop the countdown, collect the gem(s), and retreat.
- If you are part of the winning team during a countdown, it is most advantageous to either retreat if you are holding gems or protect your teammates who hold your team's gems.
- A common strategy is to have one aggressive Brawler, one gem carrier, and one support Brawler. The aggressive Brawler's job is generally to wreak havoc on the other team, going into enemy territory to do so. The gem carrier should carry all of the gems and be protected by the support Brawler. Common gem carriers are Pam, Poco, and Jessie. They also have support mechanics that can help the gem carrier.
- When you are playing a brawler who can travel using their super (Piper, Darryl, etc.) do not try to jump into the gem mine without support unless you are not carrying gems.
- On 18/12/17, Star Player is now less likely to be awarded to players who dropped a lot of gems.
- On 5/12/18, the Gem Grab maps are now 4 tiles wider.
- On 15/4/19, the gem mine now spawns the second gem later
- On 16/12/20, the length of time Gem Grab lasts has now been adjusted. Now it lasts for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani • Edgar|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout • Byron|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy • Amber|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette • Lou • Colonel Ruffs|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Brawl Stars Championship|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins • Map Maker|