Frank is an Epic Brawler who has the highest health of any Brawler and a high damage consistency, but loses mobility when attacking or using his Super. His Trait allows Frank to charge his Super from enemies damaging him. His attack is a delayed swing of his hammer on the ground that sends a shockwave. His Super, similar to his attack, is a larger shockwave that destroys obstacles and stuns enemies it hits at the expense of a longer delay. His first Gadget, Active Noise Canceling, allows him to temporarily become immune to stuns, slows and knockbacks. His second Gadget, Irresistible Attraction, makes his next attack pull hit enemies towards him. His first Star Power, Power Grab, momentarily increases his damage output after he defeats an enemy Brawler. His second Star Power, Sponge, increases his maximum health for the duration of the match.
Whenever Frank takes damage from an enemy Brawler and the enemy Brawler’s spawnables, he charges his Super. The Super charge rate depends on the damage the enemy deals. It takes 2.4x Frank's max health of damage to charge his Super completely, and all damage is calculated after shielding and other effects.
Attack: Hammer Hit
Frank swings his hammer on the ground, sending a shockwave that pierces multiple enemies. His attack has a large delay due to his very slow unload speed at 1.3 seconds, but has a very fast reload speed. Frank is also immobile while attacking, and if hit with a stun, pull, or knockback during the large delay, his attack is cancelled.
Super: Stunning Blow
Frank swings his hammer on the ground, sending a larger shockwave that destroys obstacles and stuns enemies for 2 seconds, rendering them completely vulnerable to fire, but his Super has a larger delay than his attack. Just like his attack, Frank is immobile while performing his Super, and if hit with a stun, pull, or knockback during the large delay, his Super is cancelled.
Active Noise Canceling
Upon activation, Frank becomes immune to stuns, slows, and knockbacks for 1.5 seconds, excluding Sprout’s Super knockback. This Gadget can be used while he's attacking or using his Super.
Upon activation, Frank's next attack deals double the damage and pulls any enemies it hits towards him. This cancels any attacks and Supers, such as an opposing Frank's Super. A Gadget symbol will glow above Frank's head signaling this Gadget's activation, as well as a glowing attack joystick. This Gadget's cooldown begins after the attack is used.
After defeating an enemy Brawler, Frank glows purple and his damage is increased by 50% for 12 seconds while it’s active and if there aren’t any outside damage buffs or debuffs. If he defeats another enemy while it’s active, the effect doesn’t stack, but the duration is refreshed.
- Frank has a reasonably high damage output, but a slow unload speed and immobility, meaning Frank can’t effectively chase down enemies. Because of this, you also shouldn’t attack an enemy if you’re in danger of dying and running away from them. To deal damage to an enemy without making yourself vulnerable, try to ambush them one on one from the bushes, so they won’t have much time to react.
- Frank’s range is relatively short, but if you’re chasing a long-ranged Brawler or playing him on an open map where long-ranged Brawlers are popular such as Purple Paradise in Bounty, don’t attack until your range is within the enemy and use Frank’s above-average movement speed to dodge the enemy’s shots. You should also use his Sponge Star Power if playing him on an open map, because it enables him to get to enemies without dying easily. Even so, he is most viable in maps or events with a plethora of obstacles to fight and ambush enemies in close quarters such as Cavern Churn in Showdown, Brawl Ball, and Hot Zone.
- In Brawl Ball, Frank can charge his Super easily at the beginning of a round due to how close each Brawler spawns near each other, and then break the goalpost and other goal obstacles to make scoring much easier. For the same reason, since his Super charges up easily (3 hits), he can Super the Ball into the goal easily. These abilities along with his very high health (allowing him to survive longer), his Trait, his above-average movement speed and his Active Noise Cancelling Gadget make him very viable in this event and make him an ideal Ball carrier.
- In Siege, Frank is useful because he can stun the enemy team and prevent them from obtaining Bolts. He can also stun the enemy IKE and allow his team and the Siege Bot to attack it safely but temporarily. He can also stun the enemy Siege Bot and hinder it from attacking the team IKE. With his Trait, he can easily charge his Super from enemies and carry out the above strategies. His high health and fast movement speed make him ideal for obtaining Bolts, or a tank for lower-health teammates to get control of the Bolt spawns.
- Frank is also useful in Gem Grab, because stunning the enemy team is also effective, allowing for control of the Gem mine and allows his allies to collect Gems at ease. He can also stun the enemy Gem carrier and easily defeat the enemy if they’re escaping while holding Gems. He’s also decent as the Gem carrier, because he can hold Gems easily with his high health, and he can use his Super to stun enemies who are chasing him (in which damaging Frank is detrimental to the enemies because of his Trait, in which Frank can charge his Super quicker and stun them), therefore preventing them from defeating him.
- Frank is niche in Hot Zone, because he can stay in the zones longer and control the zones thanks to his enormous health pool and his high damage output. With his relatively fast Super charge rate (3 hits) and his Trait, he can stun the enemies and render them completely vulnerable to fire as they can’t hold their ground in the zones and can be defeated easily.
- When your Super and your attacks are charged, use your Super to stun enemies first, and hold them still while you eliminate them with your attacks, and because they’re stunned, they can’t provide counter fire. If used correctly, it can allow you and your team to wipe out the enemy/enemy team.
- Frank is effective against longer-ranged Brawlers if he dodges their shots, but is extremely effective against tanks and other-close-ranged Brawlers such as El Primo and Rosa, because he deals high damage to the close-ranged Brawlers because they need to maintain point-blank range of him in order to damage him.
- A great composition when playing Duo Showdown or Brawl Ball is Frank with Tara. Once both of you have your Supers charged, then this strategy works. First, look for a group of enemy players. Tara should pull in all the enemies in range, while Frank stuns them, hindering them greatly.
- If possible, use Frank’s Active Noise Canceling Gadget before performing his Super to prevent enemies from cancelling it with their disruptive abilities. Additionally, you can also use your Trait to hinder disruptive abilities. Allow your enemy to charge both yours and the enemy’s Supers, then allow the enemy to use their disruptive Super, then use your Super on the enemy and defeat them with your attacks, while the enemy can’t provide counter fire or cancel your Super with their attack after wasting their Super (except for Lou and Bibi). You should especially use these strategies on Shelly, because her ability to chain her Super could greatly hinder Frank.
- Frank does moderately good in Big Game as a Hunter because he can still deal high damage even though his Super’s stun is ineffective against the Big Boss. However, when he is the Big Boss, Frank dominates, because he can deal massive damage to enemies, which is better justified with his Power Grab Star Power, and he can use his Super to stun enemies, therefore preventing them from defeating him.
- Frank's Irresistible Attraction Gadget can be used right after his Super to pull the enemies towards him so he can finish them off. If timed correctly, he can also use it to either pull enemy defenders away from the ball or to free up some space to score a goal more easily in Brawl Ball.
- Since he has the highest amount of health of any Brawler, he and Colonel Ruffs work well together, as Colonel Ruff’s Field Promotion Star Power and Super boosts Frank’s health and damage output drastically. However, be aware of Colette since she can deal incredible amounts of damage to Frank due to his boosted health.
- Frank is also ideal in Hold the Trophy. His fast movement speed allows him to catch up to the trophy easily, and the slowing effect from the trophy won’t affect him much. Due to Frank’s extremely high health, he can easily hold the trophy and can withstand countless attacks from enemies. As a defender of the trophy holder, he’ll ruthlessly deal high damage to enemies, and he can stun the enemies, hindering them from receiving the trophy or defeating the team’s trophy holder.
- Frank is also viable in Takedown. With his fast movement speed, he can pick up Power Cubes and catch up to the Boss easily and can deal massive damage to the Boss and continuously with his fast reload speed, and he can withstand countless attacks from the Boss with his already high health and the boosted health from the Power Cubes.
- Frank is useful for Robo Rumble because he has high health, and he can out-damage and defeat the melee and mini robots while his teammates defeat the sniper robots. He can use his Super to stun the big robot and he can use his Irresistible Attraction Gadget to pull the big robot away from the safe, therefore hindering the big robot. Frank also doesn’t need to stress about ammo consumption because of his incredibly fast reload speed, so he can consistently defend. His Super should be used carefully late-game, however, because it destroys obstacles and leaves the safe open for robots to attack it.
- If possible, charge up your Super and use it to stun an enemy who’s taking cover behind an obstacle. The Super deals sufficient damage while stunning the enemy, and it also destroys the obstacle, rendering it completely useless to the enemies in the future.
- Frank was added to the game.
- Frank's health was increased to 5800 (from 5600).
- His main attack range was increased to 5.67 tiles (from 5).
- The Caveman Frank skin was released.
- Frank's main attack range was increased to 6.33 tiles (from 5.67).
- Frank's Super range was increased to 7.33 tiles (from 6.67).
- Frank's main attack range was decreased to 6 tiles (from 6.33).
- Frank's Super range was decreased to 7 tiles (from 7.33).
- Frank's Power Grab Star Power was reworked from giving Frank a damage boost from picking up skulls of defeated enemy Brawlers to giving Frank a damage boost whenever he defeats an enemy.
- His attack animation was reworked.
- Frank's flavor text was changed from "Frank is a hard-hitting dude, and a real physical specimen. His Super will shock and awe!" to "Frank swings his hammer at enemies, sending a shockwave. His Super is an especially powerful blow that stuns enemies!"
- Frank's Super was made so it only briefly stunned the IKE turret.
- Frank's Super now stuns the IKE turret for the full duration.
- Frank's Power Grab damage boost was increased to 50% (from 40%) and now lasted for 12 seconds (from 10 seconds).
- Frank's Sponge Star Power was added.
- Frank's Sponge health was increased to 1100 (from 1000).
- Frank was remodeled, and the DJ Frank skin was added.
- Frank's health was increased to 6100 (from 5800).
- Frank's health was increased to 6400 (from 6100).
- Frank's Active Noise Canceling Gadget was added.
- Frank's Active Noise Canceling duration was decreased to 1.5 seconds (from 2 seconds).
- Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed Frank to kick the ball in Brawl Ball while using his Super.
- Frank's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Frank's health was increased to 7000 (from 6400).
- The Holiday Party Frank skin was added.
- Frank received facial animations.
- Frank's Irresistible Attraction Gadget was added.
- Frank's main attack damage was increased to 1240 (from 1200).
- Frank's Super damage was increased to 1240 (from 1200).
- Frank gained a Trait where he can now charge his Super when receiving damage.
- The Super charge rate from his Trait was decreased to 20% (from 30%).
- Frank's, Caveman Frank’s, and DJ Frank's attack visual effects were reworked.
- The Super charge rate from his Trait is now based on Frank's max health.
- Frank's Active Noise Cancelling Gadget now gives immunity to El Primo‘s Suplex Supplement Gadget.
- Frank's Irresistible Attraction Gadget now also doubles the damage of Frank's next attack.
- Frank's class was changed to Tank (from Heavyweight).