Flying Fantasies (previously called Dark Fantasies) is a community map for the Showdown event.
The map lacks wide openings, but contains open spaces. The center is surrounded by four lakes with launch pads outside launching Brawlers to the center of the map. On the outskirts are elongated lakes stretching towards sections where two other launch pad landing sites are located. The map is horizontally and vertically symmetrical.
- Use the launch pads across the map wisely. Medium to long-ranged Brawlers should check the bushes near the landing site before using the launch pads.
- The areas near the launch pads contain several Power Cube boxes. Players can either lure Brawlers to them or grab the Power Cubes and escape.
- Carl is a great Brawler to use in this map since the passages are rather narrow. Carl's Super allows him to catch up to enemies that attempt to escape using the launch pads.
- The center top and bottom of this map are great locations for heavyweights that need cover before heading into the center.
- As long as Darryl is near a lake and has his Super charged, he doesn't need to worry about open spaces. This safety net weakens as the match progresses.
- Once the poison gas reaches midway, head into the center and take position if other enemies are still in the outskirts. Penny's Super can locate nearby Brawlers and stop them from retreating.
- Brawlers like Bull or Leon can use the launch pads to get up close and personal to Brawlers very quickly. The four launch pads that send you to the middle can be used to quickly get center stage and camp in the bushes for unsuspecting players.
- Pam is useful with her long range, as well as her high damage if someone gets too close.
- Colt is good on this map due to the moderate amount of tanks on this map. He can also break walls when needed with his Silver Bullet gadget.
- On 15/04/19, Flying Fantasies was added to the game.
- On 21/05/19, Flying Fantasies was tweaked to fix partially underwater launch pads.
- On 18/12/19, Flying Fantasies was removed from the game.
- On 16/06/21, Flying Fantasies was added back to the game. Flying Fantasies was renamed to Dark Fantasies. The environment of Dark Fantasies had changed from the Storm Valley theme to the Mortuary theme. Dark Fantasies was tweaked to add teleporters and reworks on certain parts of the map. Dark Fantasies was affected by the Healing Mushroom Modifier.
- On 28/09/21, the Modifier affecting Dark Fantasies was now removed.
- On 01/03/22, Dark Fantasies was removed from the game.
- On 27/04/22, Dark Fantasies was added back to game. Dark Fantasies was renamed to Flying Fantasies. The environment of Flying Fantasies had changed from the Mortuary theme to the Storm Valley theme.