Feast or Famine is an official map for the Showdown event.
This map can spawn up to eight Power Cube Boxes in the center of the map, as well as 16 more scattered around the center ring of the spawns. Outside of this ring are large amounts of trunks and walls with open space only widely available in the top left of this map near candles. This map has no symmetry.
- Due to the large amounts of bushes in the center, you will not be able to see all of the Brawlers inside until you get close to them. Because of this, using Brawlers like Shelly and Bull can be useful, as they excel at close-range combat. Jacky can wipe out boxes and enemy brawlers simultaneously with her main attack as well due to her extremely wide circular attack radius.
- Also, using Bo (with his Circling Eagle Star Power) can also work when heading into the center, as the Star Power can help with seeing the other Brawlers before they can see him. This gives you time to decide how you want to handle the Brawler.
- If you would rather collect the boxes on the outside, then you could also use 8-BIT or Carl. These Brawlers can do more damage and have a longer range than typical Brawlers like Bull and Shelly, so they can counter those types of Brawlers.
- Most Brawlers can be used for this map as there are some enclosed spaces for throwers, and open space for sharpshooters and a few close-range combat areas.
- Don't run towards Brawlers that have a shorter range than you unless they are running away from you because if you accidentally get too close, you could be in danger of taking heavy damage or being defeated. Keep in mind that close-ranged enemies can pretend to be running away and suddenly turn back, potentially putting you inside their attack range if you are not quick to react.
- When you want to enter a bush and aren't sure if there is a Brawler inside, always check to make sure there isn’t anyone hiding by using your attack to scan bushes. As long as you scan the bushes extremely thoroughly, the chances of getting ambushed by a hiding Brawler are minimal.
- If you are playing as Piper, immediately retreat to the outside as soon as the match starts and begin action from there. Remember that Piper is extremely vulnerable to close-ranged Brawlers hiding in bushes because of her low health and her inability to do significant close-range damage due to her attack mechanics.
- Bush-camping is an extremely viable strategy on this map due to the many bushes on this map. Especially at lower trophies, players sometimes do not check bushes, so bush-camping is perfect for unleashing a quick assault on an unsuspecting enemy. Close-ranged brawlers like Bull are best suited for bush-camping. However, you should avoid brawlers with vision (i.e. Bo and Tara).
- Meteors will more likely destroy the bush and walls in the middle, so long-range Brawlers will have some advantages later on.
- Tara's Psychic Enhancer Gadget can help to scan bushes, allowing you to dominate the middle. If paired up with Bo, they can be an excellent duo.
- Try to enter the central bush when possible. It gives control over the map and you can snipe any brawler who comes too near to you.
- In the beginning of the game, it is advised to stay away from the central bush as a large amount of brawlers enter the bush and you may get eliminated in the crossfire. Only enter the bush if you are very sure that there are no brawlers inside.
- Rico can be used to check the bushes. The walls surrounding the central bush can be used to bounce the bullets and any nearby hiding brawlers will be revealed.
- If you are playing Edgar, try to get to the center first, because if you manage to get a lot of Power Cubes, it will put you in an advantageous position compared to enemy Brawlers with less Power Cubes or other buffs.
- On 3/7/17, Feast or Famine was added to the game.
- On 29/1/19, Feast or Famine was affected by the Energy Drink Modifier.
- On 18/12/19, Feast or Famine was removed from the game.
- On 17/3/20, Feast or Famine was added back to the game. Feast or Famine was now affected by the Angry Robo Modifier. The environment of Feast or Famine had changed from the Storm Valley theme to the Mortuary theme.
- On 2/7/20, Feast or Famine was now affected by the Energy Drink Modifier.
- On 10/9/20, Feast or Famine was now affected by the Meteor Shower Modifier.
- On 16/1/21, Feast or Famine was featured in the Duo Showdown Challenge as a Stage II map.