Escape Velocity is a community map for the Gem Grab event.
This map contains blocked-off corners and grass covered by lakes and walls near the center. The center contains two L-shaped walls with another two left and right of it. 2 launch pads are located near these walls that launch Brawlers outside of the center protecting them through more walls for an easy escape. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- If feasible, destroy the L-shaped wall that is facing the enemy team at the center top of the map. This will obstruct the defense of the enemy team and provide more range for sharpshooters like Colt or Brock.
- Use offensive Brawlers like Bull or Shelly and jump on the launch pad closest to your team to attack from behind.
- If you can break walls, try to leave bushes for teammates that may need them for cover. You can still destroy the bushes near the enemy spawn however.
- Once the countdown for your team starts, do not hide near the back. This can easily leave you trapped for an enemy sharpshooter or thrower to burst you down. Hide near the center bottom wall where you have more options for escape.
- Sharpshooters should go center left to access the center top, while mid-ranged Brawlers such as Nita should go in the center right as a gem carrier. Offensive Brawlers should only use the launch pads to attack the opposing team if the opposing team has low damage output; otherwise, they should stay put in the center.
- Because of the map's high bush content, Rosa and her Plant Life Star Power can heal herself and allow consistent control of the center. Her Grow Light Gadget can also allow her to connect bushes, meaning Rosa and her allies can ambush the enemy while still being hidden.
- On 27/2/19, Escape Velocity was added to the game.
- On 21/5/19, the environment of Escape Velocity had changed from the Mine theme to the Retropolis theme.
- On 2/7/20, the environment of Escape Velocity had changed from the Retropolis theme to the Mini City theme.
- On 10/9/20, Escape Velocity was removed from the game.