El Primo is a Rare Brawler that has the second-highest health of any Brawler, a high damage output, and great mobility with his Super and his fast movement speed, but a very short attack range. El Primo's Trait allows him to charge his Super from enemies damaging him. He attacks with a flurry of close-ranged punches that deal high total damage. His Super is a jump that upon landing, deals damage, knocks enemies back, and destroys cover. El Primo's first Gadget, Suplex Supplement, instantly grabs the nearest enemy and throws the enemy behind him. His second Gadget, Asteroid Belt, summons a small meteor that upon landing, deals high damage, knocks enemies back, and destroys obstacles. His first Star Power, El Fuego, sets enemies hit by his Super on fire. His second Star Power, Meteor Rush, momentarily increases his movement speed after using his Super.
Whenever El Primo takes damage from enemy Brawlers or spawnables, he charges his Super. The Super charge rate depends on the damage the enemy deals. It takes 2.4x El Primo's max health of damage to charge his Super completely, and all damage is calculated after shielding and other effects.
Attack: Fists of Fury
El Primo fires a flurry of four close-ranged, piercing punches, dealing a high total damage. The attack takes 0.8 seconds to complete and reloads very quickly, allowing him to consistently damage enemies he’s close to.
Super: Flying Elbow Drop
El Primo jumps high in the air for his Super. Upon landing, he deals moderate damage, destroys obstacles, and knocks back enemies, in a radius around him. El Primo's Super is useful for him to get close to enemies and attack them or to escape from enemies when he’s in danger. While in the air, El Primo is completely immune to all damage besides status effects and damage applied over time.
El Primo grabs the nearest enemy and throws them behind him. This stuns the enemy and El Primo can throw them over obstacles. He can only activate this Gadget if an enemy is within 3 tiles from him, and the enemy travels 6 tiles away from their original location unless lakes and obstacles shorten or lengthen their trajectory. He can’t throw enemies with a respawning invulnerability shield.
Upon activation, El Primo summons a small meteor that deals 2000 damage, destroys obstacles, and knocks enemies back in a 3.33-tile blast radius. There’s a 3-second delay where the area-of-effect is highlighted, and the meteor targets the closest enemy to El Primo within 10 tiles.
This Star Power allows El Primo to set enemies he hits with his Super on fire to burn for 1200 damage over 4 seconds, or 300 damage per second. This Star Power’s burn is mechanically similar to Crow's poison. El Primo glows fiery orange while using his Super with this Star Power equipped.
Once El Primo lands after using his Super, his speed is increased by 25% for 4 seconds.
- El Primo can deal high damage but his attacks have one of the shortest ranges in the game. To attack long-ranged Brawlers, players must attempt to maneuver El Primo into range and dodge enemy fire. However, El Primo's Super allows him to travel a long distance, making it effective to get closer to enemies and attack them. Because of this, you can justify this strategy with your Trait. First, charge your Super with El Primo’s Trait by allowing the enemy to attack you, then once your Super is charged up, you can jump onto them and defeat them. Regardless of these tactics, El Primo almost always struggles without the presence or strategic use of walls.
- Take caution when facing Bull, as with a normal interaction, Bull can defeat El Primo due to his superior unload speed. In a situation where El Primo doesn’t have his Super, he should only attack Bull with the tip of his range or keep moving to avoid some of Bull's shells. Bull, when all his shells hit, can exactly three-shot an El Primo of the same Power Level, so avoiding his shells should secure a defeat against him. El Primo can also use his Super to knock Bull back and maintain some distance, which allows El Primo to better secure a defeat against Bull.
- El Primo is niche in Brawl Ball because of his high health and great mobility with his Super and fast movement speed. He also has the ability to self-pass if you have his Super charged up. Use your high health to get within Super range of the goal, kick the ball towards the goal, use your Super to jump to the ball, which will knock enemy defenders back and clear the goalpost, and then retrieve the ball and attempt to score. With his Meteor Rush Star Power, he can travel to the goal much faster after self-passing, which amplifies this strategy’s effectiveness. El Primo's Super is also effective in knocking the ball out of an enemy's grasp and dealing moderate damage. Both of El Primo's Gadgets can be put to use in this game mode. Suplex Supplement can be used to knock the ball out of an enemy's grasp, or to throw an enemy out of the way to score. Asteroid Belt is best used when trying to score, to break walls in front of the goal, weaken or defeat enemy defenders, and knock surviving defenders out of the way to score.
- In Brawl Ball, you must choose whether to use your Suplex Supplement Gadget or your Super wisely. To knock the ball away from an enemy regularly, use his Suplex Supplement Gadget. This is because it’s more reliable than his Super and will not potentially destroy your own obstacles. However, in overtime, his Super is more reliable as enemies are more likely to stay out of your Gadget’s range, and there aren’t any obstacles you’ll risk destroying if you are using your Super.
- El Primo is versatile in Heist because with his Super, he can jump onto the safe and start rapidly punching it without needing to travel around the safe's obstacles. His jump can also eliminate enemies or knock them back and destroy the obstacles around the safe, allowing other teammates to reach the safe with ease. He can deal higher damage with his El Fuego Star Power, dealing 1200 extra damage and his Asteroid Belt Gadget, dealing 2000 damage while also destroying more obstacles to assist allies.
- El Primo is useful in Gem Grab. He can knock or throw enemies back with his Super or Suplex Supplement Gadget, allowing for his team to control the Gem mine and collect Gems quickly. El Primo’s high health makes him also decent as the Gem Carrier, because he won’t be defeated easily while holding Gems, and his Super helps him escape from any approaching enemies.
- When his Super is used at close range, El Primo immediately hits the ground. This can be used to quickly cancel Frank or Carl's Supers, effectively incapacitating the opponent. While his Suplex Supplement Gadget is probably more useful in such situations, his Super has a variable range and his Gadget uses are limited, allowing his Super to be a good alternative when the moment is right.
- El Primo’s El Fuego Star Power has the ability to prevent enemies in his landing radius from healing for an additional 4 seconds, raising the required time for a Brawler to start healing from 3 seconds to 7 seconds. In addition, it effectively increases his Super damage from 1120 to 2320, guaranteeing enemies hit by his Super, with sufficiently low remaining health, to be defeated in the absence of external healing abilities.
- When playing Duo Showdown with a non-random teammate, it’s a good strategy to pair El Primo with long-ranged Brawlers like Colt or Brock to increase the chances of victory. El Primo can protect these Brawlers by tanking damage directed at them with his high health while they support him by attacking the enemy from a range.
- His Suplex Supplement can displace enemy Brawlers, stunning them and sending them back a fair distance. This is especially useful in Brawl Ball to remove enemy defenders from their goal, to halt approaching enemies from walking the ball to your own goal and scoring, or to quickly escape from enemies when you don’t have your Super. He can also use the Gadget to collect Siege Bolts by throwing them a fair distance away before they can collect the Bolt. If the conditions are right, El Primo can also use his Suplex Supplement Gadget to eliminate enemies with the poison gas in Showdown by standing near it so that he can then throw any nearby enemies into the gas.
- The asteroid from El Primo's Asteroid Belt Gadget attacks the Brawler closest to him. While enemies try to dodge the asteroid, their movement can be predictable, making them easy targets for him or his allies. It can also be used to hit an enemy taking cover behind obstacles, which opens up enemy cover. Keep in mind that an teammate of yours or El Primo himself might need specific obstacles to properly function regularly or on a certain map.
- El Primo does decent in Robo Rumble with his abilities. His piercing, high-damaging, and fast-reloading attack allow El Primo to consistently and effectively defend the safe. His fast movement speed, Meteor Rush Star Power, and Super also useful to catch up to robots and eliminate them quickly. His Suplex Supplement Gadget is very useful to throw enemies away from the safe, giving ample time to eliminate the robots.
- El Primo is outstanding in Hot Zone, as goes for all tanks. He can deal high damage to enemies inside the zones, but his Super is his most useful asset. You can use his Super to travel to zones faster, and his Super can deal high damage to enemies and knock them out of the zone. In addition, his Suplex Supplement Gadget can also throw enemies out of a zone, while Asteroid Belt can potentially force an enemy to leave the zone for fear of being damaged by the meteor, or by being knocked back by the landing of the meteor.
- El Primo is niche in Hold the Trophy. His high health and high damage output can be used to withstand a lot of damage while holding the trophy or to consistently defend the trophy holder. His Super and Suplex Supplement Gadget can be used knock or throw an enemy away from the trophy or steal it from the enemy trophy holder.
- You can try a strategy in bush maps in which you keep spamming your Suplex Supplement Gadget near bushes, and once an enemy comes near you, your Suplex Supplement Gadget will activate and throw the enemy back, surprising them in the process and giving you ample time to take advantage of this. Using this to determine their position and the Brawler being used, you can then plan your next move (attacking them or retreating). This especially works in Showdown (in maps like Dark Passage, NruhC nrevaC, and Cavern Churn).
- El Primo has a great synergy with healers like Poco or Byron, so while he’s hit by an enemy and receiving Super charge, his teammate can heal him. Once he charges his Super, he can use it on an enemy, significantly damage or eliminate the enemy, and repeat the process. A similar strategy is to use Colonel Ruffs' Field Promotion Star Power to increase El Primo’s maximum health and allow El Primo to withstand more damage while charging his Super, but this strategy is time-consuming and if El Primo dies, his health resets.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
El Primo growls
El Primo groans
"Fists of fury!"
"¡Soy el mejor!"
El Primo groans
El Primo laughs
"Sin dolor, ¡no hay gloria!"
"Ha ha ha!"
"Adiós mundo cruel"
El Primo laughs
"The show must go on."
El Primo groans
El Primo pants
"For pain and for glory!"
"Ha ha ha ha ha."
"El Primo, is here."
- El Primo's attack shape was changed from a cone to a rectangle.
- The El Rey Primo skin was added.
- El Primo's health was increased to 1400 (from 1300).
- El Primo's rarity was changed to Common (from Rare).
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- El Primo's El Fuego Star Power was added.
- El Primo's health was increased to 5800 (from 5600).
- El Primo's El Fuego Star Power burn duration was decreased to 4 seconds (from 5 seconds).
- El Primo's El Fuego Star Power burn damage was increased to 600 (from 400).
- El Primo's movement speed was increased to 700 (from 650).
- El Primo's health was increased to 6000 (from 5800).
- El Primo's health was decreased to 5800 (from 6000).
- El Primo's health was decreased to 5600 (from 5800).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing El Primo's base movement speed to 770 (from 700).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- El Primo's rarity was changed to Rare (from Common).
- El Primo's main attack damage was increased to 340 (from 320) per punch.
- El Primo's main attack damage was increased to 360 (from 340) per punch.
- His health was increased to 5800 (from 5600).
- El Primo's El Fuego Star Power damage was increased to 800 (from 600).
- His flavor text was changed from "El Primo was hit by a meteor from outer space, giving him superhuman strength and unrivaled charisma." to "El Primo throws a flurry of punches at his enemies. His Super is a leaping elbow drop that deals damage to all caught underneath!
- El Primo's main attack effect was retextured.
- El Primo's Meteor Rush Star Power was added.
- El Primo's El Fuego Star Power damage was increased to 1000 (from 800).
- El Primo's Meteor Rush speed boost was decreased to 28% (from 32%).
- El Primo and his skins were remodeled. El Rudo Primo now costs 80 Gems (from 30) and El Rey Primo now costs 150 Gems (from 80).
- El Primo's Meteor Rush duration was decreased to 4 seconds (from 5 seconds).
- El Primo's El Fuego damage was increased to 1200 (from 1000).
- His Meteor Rush speed boost was decreased to 25% (from 28%).
- The El Brown skin was added. It was featured as a Line Friends skin.
- El Primo's health was increased to 6000 (from 5800).
- El Primo's Suplex Supplement Gadget was added.
- El Primo’s Suplex Supplement Gadget can no longer throw Brawlers with invulnerability shields.
- El Primo's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- El Primo's Asteroid Belt Gadget was added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge El Primo's Super was decreased to 9 hits (from 10).
- The number of Super hits necessary to charge his Super was decreased to 4 hits (from 5).
- His Asteroid Belt explosion radius was increased by 11%.
- Fixed an issue where El Primo's Asteroid Belt explosion effect was not matching the effective area of the explosion, as a result the visual explosion area has been increased by 26%.
- The El Atómico Primo skin was added.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the El Atómico skin from appearing in the Star Shop.
- El Primo, El Rudo Primo, El Rey Primo, and El Atómico received facial animations.
- El Primo gained a Trait where he can now charge his Super when receiving damage.
- The Super charge rate from his Trait was decreased to 20% (from 30%).
- El Primo's Latin America Master League skins were added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge El Primo's Super was increased to 16 hits (from 9 hits).
- The Super charge rate from his Trait is now based on El Primo's max health.
- The El Dragón Verdoso and El Dragón Rosado skins were added.
- El Primo's Suplex Supplement Gadget no longer bypasses Frank's Active Noise Cancelling Gadget.
- El Primo's class was changed to Tank (from Heavyweight).
- The number of hits necessary to charge El Primo's Super was decreased to 12 hits (from 16 hits).
- The El Tigro skin was added. It was featured as a Year of the Tiger skin.
- The El Corazón skin was added. It was featured as a Brawlentine's skin.
- El Rudo Primo's and El Rey Primo's attack and Super visual effects were reworked.
- Fixed an issue with El Tigro's Super visual effects.