Eggshell is a community map for the Showdown event.
The map has two diagonal central lakes that curve outwards towards the edge lakes. The center strait is long and wide and can be accessed through launch pads inside the arc-shaped lakes that is easily accessible. The map has sparse open areas with the open areas located in areas that are heavily bushed. Eggshell is diagonally symmetrical.
- The center is wide, but lacks exits if enemies are surrounding it. If your are planning an ambush, stay inside the surrounding bushes outside the walls.
- The launch pads launch Brawlers to the center bushes, so use them only as last resort as this is where most ambushes occur.
- Surge's Power Surge Gadget allows him to traverse across the lakes without needing to use the launch pads. However, since the Gadget only increases his range up to a certain range limit, it is better to teleport into the small side bushes (after checking them) or simply maneuver around the arc-shaped lakes.
- The map lacks Power Cube hotspots, so stay away from locations that are frequented by Brawlers.
- The map favors short- to medium-ranged Brawlers. Long-ranged Brawlers will have a hard time competing with medium-ranged Brawlers that have less glaring weaknesses.
- The bush on the center of the map is a good place for close-range, high-damaging Brawlers as they can easily ambush Brawlers using the jump pad.
- Darryl can traverse across the lakes into the middle or to the sides of the map. With a decent knowledge of mechanics and aim, you can use this to launch surprise attacks.
- On 02/07/20, Eggshell was added to the game.
- On 10/09/20, Eggshell was removed from the game.
- On 22/10/20, Eggshell was added back to the game as a Graveyard Shift map.
- On 11/11/20, Eggshell was removed from the game.
- On 01/03/22, Eggshell was added back to the game.