Duo Showdown is similar to Solo Showdown except that you have a teammate battling with you. When a power cube is gained, it is shared between the two of you, meaning that if you gain 1 power cube, your teammate gains 1 power cube as well. There are four other pairs of Brawlers. Your goal is to take them out and be the last team standing. If your teammate dies, they will have a 15 second timer until they respawn again. Fallen teammates do not carry the power cubes that they previously had before death, so all respawned teammates start at 0 power cubes. If both you and your teammate are defeated at any time before one of you can respawn, the game is over for you. There may also be a Modifier active which introduces an additional special condition to the matches.
- Bo: While Bo is not the most useful attacker, his Circling Eagle Star Power can be extremely advantageous to your teammate as his range of vision into bushes is much larger. Also, Bo's Gadget Super Totem can be used in case you and your teammates need a Super later in the match.
- Poco and Pam: While Poco and Pam (at least at range) do not really do that much damage, they have really high survivability since they have really high health as well as their Supers and Star Powers that can give extra survivability to their teammates.
- Crow: Crow can poison enemies and chip away at their health, weakening them and putting passive pressure on the enemy team with his Super. His Extra Toxic Star Power benefits both him and his teammates, strengthening the Star Power's effectiveness.
- Jessie and Penny: Enemy teams usually stay together in this mode, so Jessie's and Penny's abilities to hit multiple targets can deal large amounts of damage to enemy Brawlers. Their turrets also provide area denial and force the enemy Brawler to move constantly.
- Brock, Colt and Rico: Brock, Colt and Rico all have high damage and long range, making them effective at pressuring enemies at a safe distance.
- Gene: Gene, when he has Magic Puffs, is very useful because he can heal his teammate if the teammate has low health. Gene is also useful when he has his Super. He can pull enemies close to him and have a teammate finish them.
- Max: Although Max is not a good Brawler alone, as a teammate, her Super allows her and her teammate gain position. Max's very fast movement speed allows her to lure enemies or quickly support teammates in danger. Her Super can also be used to assassinate enemy Brawlers.
- Even though you can respawn in this game mode, remember to stick with your teammate. Don't abandon them and try to conquer opponents by yourself - one way or another, you're going to get outmatched pretty quickly. Splitting up could very likely get you both defeated.
- Make sure to coordinate your Brawlers to get the best results. If you have a high damage dealer like Colt or Brock, try to balance up your team by choosing a tank Brawler with more health like Bull or a support like Poco and Pam (and maybe Gene with his Magic Puffs). If you have a high damage pool but also a low health pool, then you might find yourself getting easily taken out by more balanced teams.
- An useful tactic is to lure an enemy with your teammate. The teammate must look and act weak and lure them. The other teammate will hide in a bush and must also be a close range brawler such as Shelly or Bull. After luring them in, the other teammate will finish them off.
- Try and take the better ground and attempt to corner other teams. This will put pressure on the opposition who are either trapped between your team and another team, or by your team and the poison clouds. However, if there is another team in the play, the roles might switch and you might be cornered instead depending on your current health and your number of Power Cubes.
- If your teammate is defeated, but you have a chance to collect a Power Cube, try to wait until your teammate respawns so that both of you will get the Power Cube.
- On 21/5/18, the Duo Showdown event was added to the game.
- On 19/6/18, Duo Showdown is now always available separated from Showdown. Added "team showdown ended" message in game room chat after a match, and victories tracking to the player's profile.
- On 7/12/18, adjusted respawn timer countdown to take into account the spawning delay.
- On 29/1/19, the respawn time was increased by 2 seconds.
- On 27/2/19, fixed a bug where you could not see teammate's respawn timer if your teammate died while your spawn animation was playing.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Brawl Stars Championship • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge|
|Events||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Showdown • Duo Showdown • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Lone Star • Takedown • Present Plunder • Super City Rampage • Power Play|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Tickets • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins|