Dueling Beetles is an official map for the Hot Zone event.
Two small lakes on the corners alongside boxes towards the center with entrances to small bush patches and thinly lined with walls. There is a lake 9 blocks long on the right side of each spawn. The team spawn points are confined and the lanes get more so as Brawlers move through them. A single zone is placed in the center accessible to 4 closed lanes and two bush entrances. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Long-ranged Brawlers have little to no room to use their extra range. Instead, use medium-ranged Brawlers that still act as ranged counters to heavyweights.
- Rosa's Plant Life Star Power in conjunction with her Grow Light Gadget allows her to sustain ambushes for longer periods of time if walls stay up.
- Throwers can block off lanes entirely ensuring damage to unaware opponent Brawlers. Tick and Barley have the best area control due to the mechanics of their attacks, making them more dangerous and powerful on this map than other throwers.
- Alternatively, Sprout is a great choice due to his Super that can stack and block enemies away by using the super in the opening between the bushes nearest to the Hot Zone.
- A good strategy is to place Gale's Spring Ejector Gadget directly behind the 5 tile long wall which is the closest obstacle to the spawn areas. This will help him and his teammates a quicker and more direct route to the center of the map.
- If you're not comfortable using a thrower on this map, you can always use brawlers like Penny, Emz, Jessie, or Frank, since they offer a lot of area control. They are also relatively easy to use, so they make great choices for players with low trophies.
- Penny with the Balls of Fire Star Power is very effective. Place the turret inside the bend at the sides of the map for incredible value. The turret's fireballs will deny a large area of the map while non-Thrower enemies will struggle to destroy it.
- Control the center as much as you can by eliminating your opponents and/or healing your team. This allows you and your team to easily win the game. Also, there is only one hot zone which means you have no second chances of regaining the game once control is lost.
- Do not let the opponents enter the center as it is hard to regain control once the opponent gets a hold on the Hot Zone.
- Try to remove the bush on the enemy's side to avoid any surprise attack by a heavyweight or harassment by a thrower. If not done so, you're also more vulnerable to losing control of the valuable center.
- Amber and her Wild Flames Star Power allows her to block both of the enemy team's choke points. Also with her Fire Starters Gadget she can get additional charge for her Super during battle.
- Sandy is a strong Brawler on this map, because his Super has a huge area. His attack is also good for getting rid of clumped-up enemies.
- Poco is a strong support Brawler on this map. Since many of your teammates and enemies will be bunched up near the center, it will be easy to hit them with your attack or Super.
- On 22/10/20, Dueling Beetles was added to the game.
- On 11/11/20, Dueling Beetles was tweaked to increase Brawler variety.
- On 20/2/21, Dueling Beetles was featured in the February Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage II map.
- On 15/3/21, Dueling Beetles was featured in the Season 1 Power League as a Hot Zone map.
- On 7/4/21, the environment of of Dueling Beetles had changed from Bandstand theme to Bazaar theme. Dueling Beetles was once again featured in the Season 2 Power League as a Hot Zone map.
- On 16/6/21, Dueling Beetles was once again featured in the Season 3 Power League as a Hot Zone map.
- On 25/8/21, Dueling Beetles was once again featured in the Season 4 Power League as a Hot Zone map.
- On 17/9/21, Dueling Beetles was featured in the September Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage III map.