Deserted Vertex is a community map for the Showdown event.
The map has a circular center separated by four lakes and diagonal bush clusters. Outside the open center are narrow bush lanes that curve inwards towards the edges of the map, but leave much of the space between them and the center quite open. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- The bushes near the edges of the map generally don't need to be checked, as the poison clouds will force hiding Brawlers to move towards the center.
- Sharpshooters should stay between the outskirts, looking to tackle Brawlers that can't defend themselves early in the match,
- Pam and other high spread Brawlers work on some corners of the map as well.
- Darryl's general health and Super is useful when escaping and entering the central lakes.
- Short to medium-ranged Brawlers should focus on heading to the center where they have more protection.
- For Sharpshooters and Throwers, it is recommended to check the center bushes before entering, as there could be Short-Ranged Brawlers hiding in the bushes.
- Throwers, such as Barley, Dynamike, and Tick will be at a disadvantage, as the map is generally open.
- Try not to go to the center until later in the game. Going earlier can cause you to get trapped from brawlers with only a few exits.
- On 29/8/19, Deserted Vertex was added to the game.
- On 18/12/19, Deserted Vertex was removed from the game.