Darryl is a Super Rare Brawler who has high health and a high damage output. He attacks by shooting shotgun shells that deal very high damage at close-range. His Super allows him to roll for some distance, damaging enemies and bouncing off walls. His Trait helps his Super charge automatically over time. His first Gadget, Recoiling Rotator, makes Darryl spin around and shoot a barrage of pellets around him that slightly charge his Super. His second Gadget, Tar Barrel, emits tar around him that slows enemies. His first Star Power, Steel Hoops, grants him a drastic damage-reducing shield while using his Super. His second Star Power, Rolling Reload, momentarily doubles his reload speed after using his Super.
Darryl's Super will charge itself over time similarly to Edgar. It takes 30 seconds to fully charge his Super.
Attack: Double Deuce
Darryl fires 10 shells in 2 waves from his shotguns that deal medium-high damage. This attack deals more damage at close quarters because more shells can hit the enemy, dealing the highest consistent damage out of all Brawlers at point-blank range. This attack takes 0.8 seconds to complete.
Super: Barrel Roll
Darryl rapidly rolls a short distance, bouncing off walls; however, unlike Rico's attack and Super, the distance isn't increased after bouncing off a wall. He can roll through water, but not through rope fences or other obstacles. Enemies hit by a rolling Darryl get knocked back and take minor damage. Darryl can pierce through multiple enemies in one roll, and can hit the same enemy multiple times by bouncing off walls. Darryl's Super charges on it's own thanks to his Trait, like Edgar’s Super.
Darryl spins in a circle, quickly unloading 15 single shells around himself. Each shell deals 400 damage and has a range of 9 tiles. Each shell that hits an enemy charges 25% of his Super. This Gadget doesn’t hinder movement.
Darryl emits a wave of tar all around him. Its 2.67 tile radius is quite small, but it moves around with Darryl. Enemies inside its radius are slowed down. Tar Barrel lasts for five seconds and can still be used while using Darryl's Super. Just like Recoiling Rotator, Darryl isn’t immobile during the Gadget’s usage.
While using his Super, Darryl is granted a shield that reduces damage taken by 90%. The shield lasts until Darryl stops rolling.
After Darryl uses his Super, he doubles his reload speed for 5 seconds, along with a slightly larger and reddened appearance.
- His movement speed is slightly faster than that of most other Brawlers since he is a Heavyweight. Due to this, retreating/approaching is easier and often safer due to his ability to dodge shots.
- His Super is great for quickly escaping enemies/dangerous situations or getting closer to enemies, and Darryl rolls extremely quickly. It’s also worth noting that you can increase the range of his roll if you happen to roll over water. This is vital when escaping enemies, as the water could help in getting away from tough situations (in maps like Acid Lakes or Canal Grande, etc.).
- In Brawl Ball, he can be quite useful by self-passing, by kicking the ball forward and using his Super to roll into and retrieve the Ball. You can use it for retrieving the Ball from the center after either team scores, but note that it puts him in the middle of the fight and likely results in him being defeated. You can also use his Super on an enemy who’s carrying the Ball, which knocks it from their possession and knocks them back. This can be used to defend the goal by delaying an enemy who’s about to score.
- An effective way to use Darryl is to charge his Super and reload all your ammo, use it to roll into an enemy, and auto-aim all of his ammo. This deals a decent amount of damage and can even result in a defeat, (if the enemy in question isn’t a heavyweight or doesn’t have a high amount of Power Cubes in Showdown), charging his Super fully again to roll back if done correctly.
- If timed properly while rolling on to an opponent, Darryl's Super can cancel an enemy’s Super due to the knockback, like how Frank's Super can be cancelled with Shelly's Super. This becomes useful when attacking other Brawlers with Darryl who have their Supers ready (like Frank).
- Darryl's Super can hit multiple times when fighting in confined areas (which is optimal for Darryl as a heavyweight). Aim his Super to ricochet off walls and rack up damage on your enemies.
- When confronting enemies in point-blank range, be mindful of your positioning and don't go through them as the second shot of Darryl's attack can completely miss.
- At extremely close/point-blank range, Darryl has one of the highest-damaging attacks out of any Brawler in the game, dealing 3360 damage for the shots combined (1680 each) at max level. While Darryl shouldn't rely on this unless bush-camping or using his Super to get close to enemies, he handles close-ranged Brawlers such as El Primo fairly well.
- Darryl's main attack deals a lot of damage but not consistently. When targeting someone with his Super, make sure he actually rolls into them and hits them. If he’s too close, he might roll over them. If he’s too far, he can hit them but won’t be within bursting range. Tar Barrel's slowing effect allows him to catch up to enemies in case his Super misses by a few tiles.
- In maps with a plethora of bushes, use Darryl’s Recoiling Rotator Gadget to scout out the area. You can find enemies easier that way. The Gadget is also very useful for attacking the enemy safe in Heist. Position yourself right in the center of the safe and activate the Gadget as quickly as possible, rolling clockwise a little to ensure that every shell hits.
- The damage reduction granted by Steel Hoops allows Darryl to safely roll onto long-ranged Brawlers, because the massive damage reduction renders defensive shots against him useless while using his Super. Steel Hoops also notably makes him effective against Tick, allowing him to roll through patches of mines unharmed in a dire situation, and also easily defuse Tick's Super.
- Darryl's Rolling Reload Star Power allows him to ambush and defeat heavyweights more easily with his Super, because it can drastically increase his damage output. He can also use this to roll onto the enemy safe in Heist and deal extreme amounts of damage.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"Yo ho ho ho ho!"
"Party on the poop deck!"
"You got pwned by a pirate."
"Son of a biscuit eater!"
"Shiver me limber timbers!"
"Yo ho ho!"
"It's all about boats and booty."
"I blast ye!"
"Har har har yar!"
"Abandon ship! Abandon ship!"
"Roll the planks!"
"Yolo ho and a bottle of barnacles!"
"I got booty in me barrel!"
"You slimy sea urchin!"
"Har har har yar!"
"Yo ho, oh no!"
"Roll the arr!"
"Show me the booty!"
"You salty sea dog!"
"Crusty crab sticks!"
"Yo ho roll!"
"100% certified pirate."
"Behold! My bountiful booty."
"Argh, you peg-legged parrot!"
"Double barrel Darryl, for the win!"
"You see me rolling!"
"Totally legit pirate over here!"
"Yo! Double B.D. in the sea, that's me!"
"You smelly seagull!"
"Arr you kidding me?"
"That's how I roll!"
"Respect the roll!"
- Darryl was added to the game.
- Darryl's health was increased to 4600 (from 4400).
- His main attack shots are fired a bit closer together.
- His Star Power damage reduction increased to 80% (from 70%) damage reduced while using Super.
- His Super roll speed decreased slightly to 2400 (from 2800).
- Darryl's movement speed was increased to 700 (from 650).
- Darryl's health was increased to 5000 (from 4600).
- Darryl's main attack damage was increased to 360 (from 320).
- The number of hits necessary to charge Darryl's Super was increased to 13 (from 10).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Darryl's base movement speed to 770 (from 700).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Darryl's reload time was decreased to 1.8 seconds (from 2 seconds).
- Darryl's Super range was decreased to 7 tiles (from 23.3 tiles).
- His Steel Hoops Star Power was added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge his Super was decreased to 11 (from 13).
- Darryl's main attack damage was decreased to 260 (from 360) per shell.
- His Super attack damage was decreased to 400 (from 640).
- His health was decreased to 4000 (from 5000).
- Darryl's Super now charges automatically over 20 seconds.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield protection was increased to 40% (from 30%).
- His main attack damage was increased to 280 (from 260) per shell.
- Darryl was slightly remodeled.
- The Dumpling Darryl skin was added.
- Darryl's Super auto-charging time was increased to 30 seconds (from 20 seconds).
- Darryl's health was increased to 4200 (from 4000).
- Darryl's health was increased to 4600 (from 4200).
- His Steel Hoops shield protection was decreased to 30% (from 40%).
- Darryl's Rolling Reload Star Power was added.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield protection was decreased to 25% (from 30%).
- Darryl now fires from the center of his hitbox.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield protection was increased to 30% (from 25%).
- His Rolling Reload Star Power was reworked from instantly giving him 3 ammo after each Super to making Darryl double his reload speed for 5 seconds.
- Darryl's heath was increased to 4800 (from 4600).
- His main attack damage was increased to 300 (from 280) per shell.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield duration was decreased to 3 seconds (from 3.5 seconds).
- Darryl now fires 5 shells instead of 4 but the damage has been reduced from 300 to 240 per shell. Total damage remains unchanged.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield duration was decreased to 2.5 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield duration was decreased to 0.9 seconds (from 2.5 seconds).
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield protection was increased to 90% (from 30%).
- Darryl and his Dumpling skin were remodeled, and his Recoiling Rotator Gadget was added.
- The Mascot Darryl skin was added.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Darryl from destroying decorations with his Super.
- Darryl was given voice lines, and the Dumpling Darryl skin was remodeled.
- His Recoiling Rotator Gadget no longer stops Darryl from moving and now charges 25% of his Super per enemy hit.
- His Recoiling Rotator damage was decreased to 400 (from 700) per pellet.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Darryl from rolling over water with his Super.
- Darryl's health was increased to 5000 (from 4800).
- Darryl's Tar Barrel Gadget was added.
- Darryl's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Darryl's Tar Barrel duration was increased to 5 seconds (from 4 seconds).
- The D4R-RY1 skin was added. It was featured as a Brawl Pass Season 5 exclusive skin.
- Darryl and his skins received facial animations.
- The Mega Box Darryl skin became available to every user until 1/7/21. It was featured to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the launch of Brawl Stars in China.