Darryl is a Super Rare Brawler who wields two double barrel shotguns that can deal heavy burst damage at close range. His Super allows him to quickly escape enemies or get closer to them as well as damage any enemies that he rolls into. It also recharges automatically over time. His first Gadget, Recoiling Rotator, makes Darryl spin and shoot a barrage of pellets that slightly charge his Super. His second Gadget, Tar Barrel, emits a wave around him that slows enemies. His first Star Power, Steel Hoops, grants him a shield while he uses his Super that drastically reduces any damage he takes for a brief amount of time. His second Star Power, Rolling Reload, doubles his reload speed for some time after he uses his Super.
Attack: Double Deuce
Darryl fires two bursts of shells, one from each gun in quick succession, dealing medium damage. The attack has less range than Shelly's attack but more range than Bull's. This attack deals more damage at shorter ranges. This attack takes 0.8 seconds to complete.
Super: Barrel Roll
Darryl rolls a short distance at a very rapid speed, bouncing off walls; however, unlike Rico's attack and Super, the distance isn't increased after bouncing off a wall and damaging and pushing back enemies he hits. Darryl's Super is unique in that it automatically recharges over 30 seconds, similar to Edgar's Super.
Darryl spins in a circle, unloading 15 quick single-shelled shots around himself. Each shell deals 400 damage and the circle has a 9 tile radius. Each pellet that hit an enemy charges 25% of his Super. He can move while using his Gadget.
Darryl emits a slowing tar wave from all directions. Its 2.67 tile radius is quite small, but it moves around with Darryl. Tar Barrel lasts for five seconds and can be used while using Darryl's Super.
During his Super, Darryl is granted a shield that reduces damage taken by 90%. The shield only lasts until Darryl stops rolling. This makes his Super even better for safely escaping dangerous situations and less risky when the Super is being used to roll into and damage enemy Brawlers.
Instead of Darryl having a shield after using his Super, every time after he rolls, he doubles his reload speed for 5 seconds.
- His movement speed is slightly faster than that of most other Brawlers since he is a Heavyweight. Due to this retreating/approaching is easier and often safer.
- The damage reduction granted by Steel Hoops allows Darryl to safely roll onto attacking sharpshooters, as the massive damage reduction renders defensive shots against him useless during his Super. Steel Hoops also notably makes him much better against Tick, allowing him to roll through patches of mines unharmed in a dire situation, and easily defuse Tick's Super.
- His Super is great for quickly escaping enemies or getting closer to enemies. He rolls extremely quickly. It is also worth noting that you can increase the range of his roll if you happen to go over water. This could be vital when escaping Brawlers, as the water could help in getting away from tough situations (in maps like Thousand Lakes or Canal Grande, etc.).
- In Brawl Ball, he can be quite useful by passing the ball forward and using his Super to get to the ball fast. His Super is also useful for grabbing the ball from the center after either team scores, although it does put him in the middle of the fight and will likely result in him being knocked out.
- Using his Super on an opponent in Brawl Ball who is carrying the ball will knock the ball from their possession. This is great to use to delay an opponent who is about to throw the ball into the goal.
- An effective way to use Darryl is to charge his Super, use it to get as close as he can to an enemy, and quickfire with all of his ammo. This deals a decent amount of damage and can even result in a defeat, charging his Super fully again to roll back if done correctly.
- If timed properly while rolling on to an opponent, Darryl's Super can stop the opponent's Super completely from activating, kind of like how Frank's Super can be stopped with Shelly's Super. This becomes useful when attacking other Brawlers with Darryl who have their Supers ready (like Shelly).
- Darryl's Super can hit multiple times when fighting in confined areas (which is optimal for Darryl as a heavyweight). Aim his Super to ricochet off walls and rack up damage on your opponents.
- When confronting Brawlers in point-blank range, be mindful of your positioning and don't go through Brawlers as the second shot of Darryl's attack can completely miss.
- At extremely close range, Darryl has one of the highest damage for a normal attack out of any Brawler in the game, doing 3360 damage for the shots combined (1680 each) at max level. While Darryl shouldn't rely on this unless bush camping, he handles short-ranged heavyweight Brawlers such as Bull fairly well.
- Darryl's main attack does a lot of damage but not consistently. When targeting someone with his Super make sure he actually rolls onto them and hits them. If he is too close, he might roll over them. If he is too far, he may hit them but not be within bursting range. Tar Barrel gives him just the distance he needs in case a Super misses by a few tiles.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"Yo ho ho ho ho!"
"Party on the poop deck!"
"You got pwned by a pirate."
"Son of a biscuit eater!"
"Shiver me limber timbers!"
"Yo ho ho!"
"It's all about boats and booty."
"I blast yee!"
"Har har har yar!"
"Abandon ship! Abandon ship!"
"Roll the planks!"
"Yolo ho and a bottle of barnacles!"
"I got booty in me barrel!"
"You slimy sea urchin!"
"Har har har yar!"
"Yo ho oh no!"
"Roll the arr!"
"Show me the booty!"
"You salty sea dog!"
"Crusty crab sticks!"
"Yo ho roll!"
"100% certified pirate."
"Behold! My bountiful booty."
"Argh you peg-legged parrot!"
"Double barrel Darryl, for the win!"
"You see me rollin'!"
"Totally legit pirate over here!"
"Yo! Double B.D in the sea that's me!"
"You smelly seagull!"
"Arr you kidding me?"
"That's how I roll!"
"Respect the roll!"
- Darryl was added to the game.
- Darryl's health was increased to 4600 (from 4400).
- His main attack shots are fired a bit closer together.
- His Star Power damage reduction increased to 80% (from 70%) damage reduced while using Super.
- His Super roll speed decreased slightly to 2400 (from 2800).
- Darryl's movement speed was increased to 700 (from 650).
- Darryl's health was increased to 5000 (from 4600).
- Darryl's main attack damage was increased to 360 (from 320).
- The number of hits necessary to charge Darryl's Super was increased to 13 (from 10).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Darryl's base movement speed to 770 (from 700).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Darryl's reload time was decreased to 1.8 seconds (from 2 seconds).
- Darryl got a rework:
- Super range was decreased to 7 tiles (from 23.3 tiles).
- Star Power: Super activates shield which reduces damage for 3.5 seconds by 30% (from 80%).
- Super now charges in 11 projectiles (from 13).
- Main attack damage was decreased to 260 (from 360).
- Super attack damage was decreased to 400 (from 640).
- Health was decreased to 4000 (from 5000).
- Super now charges automatically over 20 seconds.
- Darryl got a rework:
- Darryl's Star Power shield protection was increased to 40% (from 30%).
- His main attack damage per shell was increased to 280 (from 260).
- Darryl also got a slight remodel.
- The Dumpling Darryl skin was added.
- Darryl's Super auto-charging time was increased to 30 seconds (from 20 seconds).
- Darryl's health was increased to 4200 (from 4000).
- Darryl's health was increased to 4600 (from 4200).
- His Star Power shield protection was decreased to 30% (from 40%).
- Darryl's Star Power Rolling Reload was added.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield protection was decreased to 25% (from 30%).
- His shots now come from the center of the brawler, making them more accurate.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield protection was increased to 30% (from 25%).
- His Rolling Reload got reworked.
- Darryl's heath was increased to 4800 (from 4600).
- His main attack damage was increased to 300 (from 280) per shell.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield duration was decreased to 3 seconds (from 3.5 seconds).
- Darryl now fires 5 shells instead of 4 but the damage has been reduced from 300 to 240 per shell. Total damage remains unchanged.
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield duration was decreased to 2.5 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield duration was decreased to 0.9 seconds (from 2.5 seconds).
- Darryl's Steel Hoops shield protection was increased to 90% (from 30%).
- Darryl and his Dumpling skin were remodeled, and his Gadget Recoiling Rotator was added.
- The Mascot Darryl skin was added.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Darryl from destroying decorations with his Super.
- Darryl was given voice lines, and the Dumpling Darryl skin was remodeled.
- His Gadget Recoiling Rotator no longer stops Darryl from moving and now charges 25% of his Super per enemy hit.
- His Recoiling Rotator damage was decreased to 400 (from 700) per pellet.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Darryl from rolling over water with his Super.
- Darryl's health was increased to 5000 (from 4800).
- Darryl's Gadget Tar Barrel was added.
- Darryl's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Darryl's Tar Barrel Gadget duration was increased to 5 seconds (from 4 seconds).
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani • Edgar|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout • Byron|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy • Amber|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette • Lou • Colonel Ruffs|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Brawl Stars Championship|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins • Map Maker|