The map is split in half by two lakes that form a river. In the center are several boxes in the wide-open with only two land openings that can get to them. The lower section is fenced with bushes growing around them while the top section is naturally bushy by itself. There is no symmetry on this map.
- Throwers might have problems if their ammo isn't used carefully due to the area the bushes in this map have and the fact that there isn't much cover for them.
- Brawlers that can go through the water are excellent choices since they might be trapped by enemies in the open or bushes otherwise. An example is Brock with his Rocket Laces Gadget.
- Various sharpshooters have an advantage since the map has plenty of open area, but the ones with low-health should stay in the bushes.
- Assassins and heavyweights should always have the element of surprise and stay hidden in the bushes, but not in the certain row of bushes that sharpshooters would shoot at. This includes the bottom and top left bushes of the map. Typically, sharpshooters would outrange assassins and heavyweights.
- Jessie's turret Scrappy has some use in this map. Placing one down near bushes will scare away close-ranged Brawlers that can't handle the turret unless they're near to it and take considerable damage.
- Bo and Leon are good for checking bushes by strafing. However, Bo is better at checking the bushes than Leon is, especially because of his Circling Eagle Star Power.
- Piper is great in this map, as there are plenty of bushes to ambush Brawlers, and open space to make leading shots easier.
- Sprout is good on this map for checking areas in the left section of the map. Throwing his attack over the water also expands Sprout's range.
- Tara can check the bush areas with her Gadget Psychic Enhancer, giving her an advantage over other Brawlers.
- Do not use short-ranged Brawlers such as Jacky or El Primo on this map, as they will not be able to easily get up close to the sharpshooters that frequent this map. The exceptions are Darryl and Edgar as their Supers charge automatically without needing to attack an enemy unlike other Brawlers, and they can ambush sharpshooters much easier.
- Darryl can use his Super for quick escapes over the lakes on this map in critical conditions or to attack someone on the other side of the lake. With this mobility, enemies will have to watch out for him, providing ample space if you have enough Power Cubes and are in the two largest bushes.
- Gene is good in Duo Showdown in this map as his attack is helpful for checking some of the larger bushes while healing his teammate with his Magic Puffs Star Power.
- Rico and Colt can be very useful in this map, because there long range can easily shoot across the lakes, and can excel due to the large amounts of open space.
- Nani can bush-check the bushes in a very efficient way, as the bushes in this map complement her diamond-attack formation, rendering it easy to peek around walls while staying out of harm. Nani's Warp Blast Gadget is also strong here as it can help you get to safety anywhere on the map since the map is relatively open for Peep to travel.
- Bea is good in this map because the open center space and her Insta Beaload Star Power can be use to check bushes and pressure tanks and anti-heavyweight Brawlers. You can also use Honey Comb to increase survivability since the 20% shield can tank a Darryl attack and still have a few hundred health left. Note that Bea's weakness is Edgar, El Primo, and any aggressive, closed-ranged, or anti-heavyweight Brawlers. Play passively and keep the shield on until needed.
- On 27/02/19, Passage was added to the game.
- On 26/06/19, Passage was removed from the game.
- On 18/09/19, Passage was added back to the game as a Lone Star map.
- On 23/10/19, Passage was renamed to Dark Passage. The environment of Dark Passage had changed from Storm Valley theme to Mortuary theme. Dark Passage was not tweaked unlike other returning maps. Dark Passage was now a Graveyard Shift map.
- On 18/12/19, Dark Passage was now a Showdown map. Dark Passage was affected by the Energy Drink Modifier.
- On 02/07/20, Dark Passage was now affected by the Healing Mushroom Modifier.
- On 10/09/20, Dark Passage was removed from the game.
- On 15/12/20, Dark Passage was added back to the game without a Modifier. The environment of Dark Passage had changed from Mortuary theme to Storm Valley theme.
- On 27/01/21, the environment of Dark Passage had changed from Storm Valley theme to Mortuary theme.
- On 11/11/21, Dark Passage was featured in the Singles Challenge as a Stage IV map.
- On 15/01/22, Dark Passage was featured in the Duo Showdown Challenge as a Stage II map.
- On 01/03/22, Dark Passage was now affected by the Healing Mushroom Modifier.