Crow is a Legendary Brawler that has low health and a moderate damage output, but great mobility. He attacks by firing 3 long-ranged daggers that inflict poison over time on his enemies that also reduces any healing they receive. Crow's Super makes him jump and land, throwing daggers radially around him upon take-off and landing. His first Gadget, Defense Booster, briefly grants him a damage-reducing shield. His second Gadget, Slowing Toxin, slows all poisoned enemies for a few seconds. His first Star Power, Extra Toxic, moderately decreases the damage output of a poisoned enemy. His second Star Power, Carrion Crow, adds additional damage to his daggers, attack and Super alike, when an enemy is below 50% health.
Crow throws three long-range daggers in front of him simultaneously in a slight spread. These daggers damage enemies upon contact, while also inflicting poison to enemies over time. The poison effect damages for 4 ticks/seconds, deals 25% of his basic damage, and prevents the enemy from automatically healing. Regardless of how many times an enemy is hit by Crow's attack, they will only take one stack of poison at a time. Poisoned enemies have all healing sources reduced by 40%, but this doesn’t affect Max's Sneaky Sneakers Gadget.
Crow jumps into the air and throws 14 daggers radially that spread out as they travel. He then glides to his aimed destination, firing another set of 14 daggers radially upon landing. The daggers from his Super are identical to his attack. While in the air, Crow is completely impervious to all damage besides status effects and damage applied over time.
Crow gains a shield that reduces all damage he takes from enemies by 40%. It lasts for 3 seconds before disappearing.
Crow slows down every currently poisoned enemy for 5 seconds, including enemies that are out of Crow's vision. The slowing effect persists for 5 seconds even if the poison wears off sooner.
Crow's daggers apply an attack debuff, decreasing the damage output of a poisoned enemy by 25%. This will affect Star Powers and Gadgets that deal damage, but does not affect any healing sources. The effect is lost if the poison effect wears off.
If the enemy has less than 50% of their maximum health, Crow deals 152 extra damage with his main attack and Super to the enemy. The poison damage also deals 38 extra damage. In addition, their health bar turns pink instead of the usual red to indicate the bonus is active. The effect is lost if the enemy heals back above 50% health.
- Due to Crow's fast reload and unload speed, he can unload his attack relatively frequently. This allows him to constantly apply poison damage on enemies, preventing them from healing and building up his Super all the while.
- His Super is a fitting assassination tool. Once a Brawler has low health due to the poison damage, he can jump on them for an quick defeat. Because the daggers come out in radial motion, you can position yourself to land onto an enemy Brawler, maximizing the Super's potential. Crow's Super also is a viable escape tool. If he is low on health with Brawlers approaching, use his Super to fly away and escape while also poisoning the enemy Brawlers both on take-off and landing. The Defense Booster Gadget enables better survivability while using his Super, and the Slowing Toxin Gadget also prevents enemies from chasing Crow or retreating from Crow’s Super. This works best with close-range Brawlers, as they will be poisoned and can’t reach him to damage him due to Crow’s long range.
- Crow's poison prevents the poisoned Brawler from self-healing for 4 seconds more than the normal healing time (3 seconds), raising the required time for auto-regeneration to be 7 seconds instead (similar to El Primo‘s El Fuego Star Power) since the poison enables damage for an extended period. This can really hinder an enemies’ abilities to regroup and recover health. The poison damage also causes the Brawler to appear while in bushes, so it also prevents Brawlers inflicted with poison from hiding and recovering health. For this reason, Crow is a great poker that can finish off low health enemies or continuously prevent isolated brawlers from regenerating health and force them to retreat.
- To use Crow is to take advantage of his range by poking at the enemy. Attack from a distance and back off to chip away at an enemy's health and charge his Super. While poking, use Crow’s speed to dodge enemy attacks because most sharpshooters and fighters deal more damage at a range. Although poking deals low damage each time, it builds up to high damage, especially with the poison, forcing enemies to retreat.
- Crow's Super can be useful for Brawl Ball. When Crow has the ball and his Super, he can self-pass, by kicking the ball in front of him, and then use his Super to jump past other Brawlers and retrieve the ball, then attempt to score.
- Crow's Extra Toxic reduces damage dealt by poisoned enemies. This also works on IKE turrets, Boss Fight Robots, and Big Game Bosses, making them overall less effective in the long run, and increasing his team's survivability.
- Carrion Crow allows Crow to pick off lower-health targets with ease. Let someone else damage a Brawler to half health, then poke them until they're finished.
- Whenever playing him on Showdown with the Angry Robo Modifier, it’s not ideal to play solo as Crow can’t deal high damage to the boss by himself; playing Duo Showdown with a higher damage teammate is much more ideal.
- An advanced aiming tactic is to try to hit 2 daggers at a medium range away from an enemy, by aiming slightly to the edges. This gets easier the closer an enemy is to him. However, at a certain point it's simply better to quickfire to have all 3 daggers hit a target.
- Both of Crow's Star Powers are strong in modes such as Duo Showdown/Showdown, Bounty/Lone Star, and Knockout. Since surviving while defeating the enemies is the number one priority, Extra Toxic reducing an enemy's damage is a very underestimated and viable tactic. Since Extra Toxic's damage reduction is percentage-based, it also scales with a target's health, giving him a better chance against heavyweights or high Power Cube enemies. Meanwhile, Carrion Crow can be very strong in 1v1 interactions. Early into the game where Power Cubes aren't abundant, Carrion Crow can provide crucial damage required to eliminate an enemy. The Star Power of choice ultimately depends on play style: Extra Toxic is better for a sustained, controlled game of Showdown while Carrion Crow is better for an aggressive play style that capitalizes on early eliminations.
- Defense Booster should be activated after using Crow’s Super to get more value and to be able to play aggressively. Slowing Toxin, however, should be activated right before using Crow’s Super to block mobility to escape from Crow’s Super.
- Keep in mind how many daggers and/or poison damage Crow requires for his Super. Knowing this can help you decide when to jump to kill an enemy and whether you should continue pursuing them as your target.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
Mecha: "Let's settle this beef."
"Let's settle this beef."
Mecha: "I'm the boss of bosses!"
"I'm the boss of bosses!"
Mecha: "You cockroach!"
Mecha: "Nice piece of work!"
"Nice piece of work!"
Mecha: "Hey, you clipped me."
"Hey, you clipped me."
Mecha: "I smell a rat."
"I smell a rat."
Mecha: "Talk is cheap."
"Talk is cheap."
Mecha: "Woah woah woah!"
"Woah woah woah!"
Mecha: "Sleeping with the fishes."
"Sleeping with the fishes."
Mecha: "Don't mess with my crew."
"Don't mess with my crew."
Mecha: "I'm walking here!"
"I'm walking here!"
Mecha: "I always get my mark."
"I always get my mark."
Mecha: "Get outta here."
"Get outta here."
Mecha: "You looking at me?"
"You looking at me?"
Mecha: "Hey! Watch out!"
"Hey! Watch out!"
- Crow's main attack and Super damage increased to 80 per dagger (from 60).
- Poison damage was decreased to 80 per tick (from 90).
- Crow's main attack range was decreased by 0.67 tiles.
- Crow's Super charges slightly slower.
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Crow's Star Power Extra Toxic was added.
- Crow's Super has a new animation and is executed faster.
- Crow's Super was changed to charge slightly more slowly (needs to hit 6 daggers + poison instead of 5 + poison).
- The poison duration from his main attack and Super was reduced to 4 (from 5) seconds. The total damage remained the same.
- Crow's Super jump speed was decreased by 20%.
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Crow's base movement speed to 820 (from 750).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Crow's projectile size was increased.
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was decreased to 300 per dagger (from 320).
- His poison damage was decreased to 75 (from 80).
- Crow's Super was changed to charge more slowly (needs to hit 9 daggers + poison instead of 6 + poison), giving him a 21% damage nerf.
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was decreased to 280 per (from 300).
- His poison damage was decreased to 70 (from 75).
- The Phoenix Crow skin was released.
- Crow's Super was changed to require 8 daggers + poison to fully charge (from 9 + poison).
- Crow's reload time was decreased to 1.4s (from 1.5s).
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was increased to 300 per dagger (from 280).
- His poison damage was increased to 75 (from 70).
- Gold and Night Mecha Crow skins were added.
- The Mecha Crow skin was added.
- Crow's Star Power Carrion Crow was added.
- Crow's Extra Toxic damage reduction was increased to 13% (from 10%).
- His Carrion Crow damage was increased to 120 (from 100).
- Fixed animation issues in the Phoenix Crow skin.
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was increased to 320 per dagger (from 300).
- His poison damage was increased to 80 (from 75).
- His Extra Toxic damage reduction was increased to 16% (from 13%).
- Crow's Extra Toxic enemy damage reduction was increased to 20% (from 16%).
- Crow's Gadget Defense Booster was added.
- Crow's Defense Booster charges were decreased to 2 (from 3).
- Crow and his White skin were remodeled.
- Crow's Gadget Slowing Toxin was added.
- Crow's Slowing Toxin duration was increased to 3.5 seconds (from 2.5 seconds).
- Crow's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Crow's Slowing Toxin Gadget duration was increased to 5 seconds (from 3.5 seconds).
- Crow's Defense Booster Gadget shielding amount was decreased to 40% (from 60%).
- Crow's Defense Booster charges were increased to 3 (from 2).
- Crow's landing indicator was added (X).
- Crow's Super was changed to require 14 daggers (from 15) to fully charge.
- Enemies poisoned by Crow will receive 40% less healing from all sources.
- Crow's Extra Toxic damage reduction was increased to 25% (from 20%).
- Crow's Carrion Crow damage boost was increased to 152 (from 120).
- Phoenix Crow's projectiles were given new effects.
- Crow recieved animated pins.