Crow is a Legendary Brawler that has low health, a moderately high damage output, and great mobility with his Super and his very fast movement speed. He attacks by firing 3 long-ranged daggers that inflict poison on his enemies. Crow's Super makes him jump and land, throwing poisonous daggers around him upon take-off and landing. His first Gadget, Defense Booster, grants him a temporary damage-reducing shield. His second Gadget, Slowing Toxin, slows all poisoned enemies temporarily. His first Star Power, Extra Toxic, moderately decreases the damage output of a poisoned enemy. His second Star Power, Carrion Crow, makes enemies with less than half of their maximum health take more damage from Crow's daggers.
Crow throws three long-ranged daggers simultaneously in a slight spread. These daggers damage enemies upon contact, while also inflicting poison to enemies over time. The poison lasts for 4 ticks, deals 25% of his basic damage, and prevents the enemy from automatically healing. Regardless of how many times an enemy is hit by Crow's attack, they’ll only take one stack of poison at a time. Poisoned enemies have all healing sources reduced by 40%, but this doesn’t affect Max's Sneaky Sneakers Gadget.
Crow jumps into the air and throws 14 daggers around him that spread out as they travel. He then lands, firing another set of 14 daggers around him upon landing. The daggers from his Super behave identically to that of his attack. While in the air, Crow is completely immune to all damage besides status effects and damage applied over time.
Crow gains a 3-second shield that reduces all damage he takes by 40%.
Crow slows all currently poisoned enemies for 5 seconds, even enemies that are out of Crow's vision. The slow lasts for 5 seconds even if the poison wears off sooner.
Crow's daggers apply an attack debuff, decreasing the damage output of a poisoned enemy by 25%. This Star Power only affects damage abilities. Affected enemies have an additional visual effect to indicate thay this effect is active. The effect is lost when the poison wears off.
If an enemy has less than 50% of their maximum health, Crow deals 152 extra damage per dagger with his main attack and Super to the enemy and the poison also deals 38 extra damage. In addition, their health bar turns pink instead of the usual red to indicate the Star Power’s activation. The effect is lost if the enemy heals back above 50% health.
- Due to Crow's fast reload speed and fast unload speed, he can unload his attack relatively frequently. This allows him to constantly apply poison and regular damage on enemies, preventing them from healing and charging up his Super all the while.
- His Super is a fitting assassination tool. Once a Brawler is on low health because of the poison, he can jump on them for an quick defeat. Because the daggers fly out around him, you should position yourself to land onto an enemy, which maximizes the Super's potential. Crow's Super also is a viable escape tool. If he is low on health with enemies approaching, you can use his Super to fly away and escape while also damaging the enemies. His Defense Booster Gadget enables better survivability while using his Super, and his Slowing Toxin Gadget also prevents enemies from chasing Crow or retreating from Crow’s Super. This works best with close-ranged Brawlers, as they’ll be poisoned and can’t reach him to attack him due to Crow’s relatively long range.
- Crow's poison prevents the poisoned Brawler from self-healing for 4 seconds more than the normal healing time (3 seconds), raising the required time for auto-regeneration to be 7 seconds instead (similar to El Primo‘s El Fuego Star Power) since the poison enables damage for an extended period. This exponentially hinders an enemy’s ability to regroup with allies and/or recover health. The poison also reveals the enemy when they’re inside bushes, so it also prevents enemies inflicted with poison from hiding and healing. For this reason, Crow is a great poker that can finish off low-health enemies or continuously prevent isolated Brawler from healing and force them to retreat.
- To use Crow is to take advantage of his range by poking at the enemy. Attack from a distance and back off to chip away at an enemy's health and charge his Super. While poking, use Crow’s fast movement speed to dodge enemy fire. Although poking deals moderate damage each time, especially because other Brawlers are more effective in long-ranged combat than Crow, poking will slowly defeat the enemy and hinder any healing.
- Crow's Super can be useful for Brawl Ball. When Crow has the ball and his Super, he can self-pass by kicking the ball in front of him, and then use his Super to jump past other Brawlers and retrieve the ball, and then attempt to score.
- Crow's Extra Toxic Star Power reduces damage dealt by poisoned enemies. This also works on IKE turrets, Boss Fight Robots, and Big Game Bosses, making them overall less effective in the long run, and increasing his team's survivability.
- Crow’s Carrion Crow Star Power allows Crow to pick off low-health enemies with ease. Allow your allies to bring an enemy to half health, then poke them down until they're defeated, and the damage boost should allow this to be done quicker than usual.
- Whenever playing him on Showdown with the Angry Robo Modifier, it’s not recommended to play solo as Crow can’t deal high damage to the Boss by himself; playing Duo Showdown with a high-damaging teammate is much more ideal.
- An advanced aiming tactic is to hit 2 daggers at medium range from an enemy by aiming slightly to the edges. This gets easier the closer an enemy is to him. However, at a certain point, it's simply better to quickfire so all 3 daggers hit a target.
- Crow is niche in offense-oriented modes such as Showdown, and his effectiveness in these modes is amplified with his Star Powers. Since surviving while defeating the enemies is the top priority in these modes, Extra Toxic reducing an enemy's damage is a viable tactic. Since Extra Toxic's effect is percentage-based, it also scales with a target's damage, making him better against heavyweights or enemies with a high amount of Power Cubes. Meanwhile, Carrion Crow can be very strong in 1v1 interactions. Early into the game where Power Cubes aren't abundant, Carrion Crow can provide crucial damage required to eliminate an enemy early. The Star Power of choice ultimately depends on play style: Extra Toxic is better for a sustained, controlled game of Showdown while Carrion Crow is better for an aggressive play style that capitalizes on early eliminations.
- Crow’s Defense Booster Gadget should be activated after using Crow’s Super to get more value and to be able to play aggressively. His Slowing Toxin Gadget, however, should be activated right before using Crow’s Super to block mobility to escape from Crow’s Super.
- Keep in mind how many daggers and/or poison damage Crow requires for his Super. Knowing this can help you decide when to jump to eliminate an enemy and whether you should continue pursuing them as your target.
- A good strategy in Showdown is to play as a third-party (waiting for a fight to end, defeating the winner, and stealing all of the Power Cubes). You can ramp up Cubes quickly with this strategy. As Crow, you should keep enemies who are on low health after a fight poisoned continuously until they are defeated, since Crow is incapable of dealing high damage immediately.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
Mecha: "Let's settle this beef."
"Let's settle this beef."
Mecha: "I'm the boss of bosses!"
"I'm the boss of bosses!"
Mecha: "You cockroach!"
Mecha: "Nice piece of work!"
"Nice piece of work!"
Mecha: "Hey, you clipped me."
"Hey, you clipped me."
Mecha: "I smell a rat."
"I smell a rat."
Mecha: "Talk is cheap."
"Talk is cheap."
Mecha: "Woah woah woah!"
"Woah woah woah!"
Mecha: "Sleeping with the fishes."
"Sleeping with the fishes."
Mecha: "Don't mess with my crew."
"Don't mess with my crew."
Mecha: "I'm walking here!"
"I'm walking here!"
Mecha: "I always get my mark."
"I always get my mark."
Mecha: "Get outta here."
"Get outta here."
Mecha: "You looking at me?"
"You looking at me?"
Mecha: "Hey! Watch out!"
"Hey! Watch out!"
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was increased to 80 per dagger (from 60).
- His poison damage was decreased to 80 per tick (from 90).
- Crow's main attack range was decreased to 8.67 tiles (from 9.33).
- Crow's Super now charges slightly slower.
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Crow's Extra Toxic Star Power was added.
- Crow's Super effects were changed and his Super speed is faster.
- The number of hits necessary to charge Crow's Super was increased to 6 daggers + poison (from 5 + poison).
- The poison duration from his main attack and Super was reduced to 4 seconds (from 5).
- Crow’s Super speed was decreased by 20%.
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Crow's base movement speed to 820 (from 750).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Crow's projectile size was increased.
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was decreased to 300 per dagger (from 320).
- His poison damage was decreased to 75 (from 80).
- The number of hits necessary to charge Crow's Super was increased to 9 daggers + poison (from 6 + poison).
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was decreased to 280 per dagger (from 300).
- His poison damage was decreased to 70 (from 75).
- The Phoenix Crow skin was added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge Crow's Super was decreased to 8 daggers + poison (from 9 + poison).
- Crow's reload time was decreased to 1.4 seconds (from 1.5 seconds).
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was increased to 300 per dagger (from 280).
- His poison damage was increased to 75 (from 70).
- The Gold Mecha Crow and Night Mecha Crow skins were added.
- The Mecha Crow skin was added.
- Crow's Carrion Crow Star Power was added.
- Crow's Extra Toxic damage reduction was increased to 13% (from 10%).
- His Carrion Crow damage was increased to 120 (from 100).
- Fixed animation issues in Phoenix Crow.
- Crow's main attack and Super damage was increased to 320 per dagger (from 300).
- His poison damage was increased to 80 (from 75).
- His Extra Toxic damage reduction was increased to 16% (from 13%).
- Crow's Extra Toxic damage reduction was increased to 20% (from 16%).
- Crow's Defense Booster Gadget was added.
- Crow's Defense Booster charges were decreased to 2 (from 3).
- Crow and White Crow were remodeled.
- Crow's Slowing Toxin Gadget was added.
- Crow's Slowing Toxin duration was increased to 3.5 seconds (from 2.5 seconds).
- Crow's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Crow's Slowing Toxin Gadget duration was increased to 5 seconds (from 3.5 seconds).
- Crow's Defense Booster Gadget damage reduction was decreased to 40% (from 60%).
- Crow's Defense Booster charges were increased to 3 (from 2).
- Crow's Super landing indicator was added (X).
- Crow's main attack Super charge rate was increased slightly.
- Enemies poisoned by Crow will receive 40% less healing from all sources.
- Crow's Extra Toxic damage reduction was increased to 25% (from 20%).
- Crow's Carrion Crow damage boost was increased to 152 (from 120).
- Phoenix Crow's projectiles were given new effects.
- Crow's class was changed to Assassin (from Toxic Assassin).
- The Captain Crow skin was added.