Close Call is an official map for the Knockout event.
Players spawn behind the center walls with fences wrapping around bush strips. Two L-shaped walls corner the center leaving a closed horizontal pathway further out. The corners of the map have two lakes with a thinly bushed border. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Given the amount of walls and fences, throwers are essential in damaging enemies early in the match.
- Brock and Piper should destroy the center walls early in the match. This puts later rounds in their favor.
- A good combination can be Barley/Dynamike to support from behind cover, Rico with his Super Bouncy Star Power for dealing high damage around corners, and Jacky, preferably with her Hardy Hard Hat Star Power to play aggressively.
- The lakes do not offer much protection against sharpshooters or throwers. They are, however, a good dodging mechanism against an enemy Edgar or Mortis.
- Although Edgar can functionally become a thrower counter, this requires precise aiming with his Super and his Fisticuffs Star Power to ensure that if his ambush fails, he can heal just a little bit to ensure some healing.
- On 07/04/21, Close Call was added to the game.
- On 16/06/21, Close Call was removed from the game.