In the Brawl Ball Event, there are two teams, each of which consists of three players. The objective is to take the ball (which starts in the middle) to the opposite team's goal. The team that scores two goals first wins, but a team can also win by having scored a higher amount of goals than the other when the timer ends. If the timer ends while the teams are tied, the game will go into overtime (sudden death) for 1 minute and all obstacles will be destroyed. If it is still a tie, the game ends in a draw. Brawlers can obtain the ball by getting close enough to it while no other Brawler has it. Attacking with the ball kicks it and uses up an ammo bar (unless the Brawler has only one ammo bar like Carl or Bea). Activating your Super with the ball makes it go further, but uses up the Super. If the ball carrier is stunned or knocked back, they will drop the ball.
- Shelly: Shelly has a good amount of damage potential and is great for defending, with her attacks/Super. In addition, her Super can help break walls and score goals by knocking back enemies.
- Bull: Bull has a high amount of health, and can withstand considerable amounts of damage. When he is close to the ball, he can aim his Super towards the goal and score easily even if there are obstacles in the goal because his Super breaks them. He can also save goals with his Super by aiming his Super at his team's goal while an opponent has possession of the ball and is about to shoot.
- Poco: Poco has medium health with a long-range, wide attack. Since that attack can pass through enemies he can charge a Super easily. His Super is very important as you will need to heal teammates (and you) to score a goal. His Da Capo! Star Power can also be useful to heal teammates. Poco should help with fending of defenders when your teammate is about to score.
- Frank: Frank has the most health in the game. He can run to the goal and throw/carry the ball into the goal while taking some fire due to his high health. He can destroy obstacles in a large area using his Super, and can also stun enemies for a long duration and give his team enough time to score (when enemies are stunned, you can kick the ball through them). Additionally, his regular attack is quite effective since he can do area damage and Brawlers tend to group up, and his Super charges very quickly, allowing you to Super kick the ball very frequently.
- Jessie: Jessie's attack can deal high amounts of damage to grouped up brawlers at a distance. Unlike Frank who also has a crowd control attack, Jessie can keep moving while she attacks and boasts a much larger range. In overtime, her range becomes even more valuable as all walls and grass have been destroyed. Her Super can be used to lock down an area of the map or bounce shots behind walls with her Shocky Star Power. Since opponents will often start close to the ball, firing a few shots will quickly build up her Super.
- El Primo: El Primo has the 2nd most health in the game. Since he's a tank, he can run up to the goal and throw/carry the ball into the goal while taking some fire. El Primo can also deal severe and consistent damage to Brawlers carrying the ball. In addition, his Super can destroy obstacles and steal the ball from opponents, so he can create openings to the enemy goal.
- Tara: When Tara uses her Super to drag enemies, not only will they all get bunched up and allow her and her teammates to defeat the enemies, but they'll all drop the ball. Once the enemy team is bunched up take advantage to score and defend. This makes Tara useful both on offense and defense.
- Spike: Spike has high damage; even if his attack misses, the burst of spikes can still damage enemies. In addition, his Super can slow down enemies, making him effective on defense. Be wary though, you have to watch out for his low health.
- Darryl: Darryl is useful due to his quickly-recharging Super. You can throw the ball in front of Darryl and then use his Super to roll toward the ball, moving a long distance and collecting the ball again. Darryl can also use his Super to make enemies drop the ball. Due to his fairly high health and with his Steel Hoops, he can throw/carry the ball into the goal while taking some fire.
- Rosa: Rosa can activate her Super and run into the goal. With her damage-reducing power, she can withstand most of the enemy attacks while keeping control of the ball.
- Carl: Carl can kick the ball without using any ammo, and his Super can be used to reposition himself to help the team score a goal or deal area damage (works well with Tara).
- Bibi: Bibi is useful in defending your goal due to her home run bat being able to knock back the ball carrier, forcing them to drop the ball. She is also useful in offense with her fast movement speed and high health. Both Star Powers help Bibi, Home Run can make Bibi run faster and score a potential goal. While Batting Stance allows her to absorb more damage, and have a higher chance of walking the ball in.
- Emz: Emz is very useful as a control brawler. Her main attack can block off enemy routes, and her super can slow enemies, preventing them from advancing. Emz's star power, Bad Karma, allows her to deal massive amounts of damage, taking out most of the low and medium-health brawlers. The star power Hype can heal Emz when using her super, allowing her to survive longer and sometimes walk the ball into the goal. Additionally, Friendzoner, Emz's gadget, can push enemy brawlers away, knocking the ball out of their possession.
- Brawlers that have a Super that can destroy obstacles (such as Shelly or Colt) are really helpful for offense. They can clear the path and allow the team to kick to the goal without having to go around the boxes. However, be careful if you use one - you can end up destroying the obstacles on your side which would help the enemies.
- Brawlers whose Super or main attack can knock back or stun an enemy (such as Shelly, Dynamike, and Bull) can be helpful on defense since it will cause the enemy Brawler to lose possession of the ball.
- Since you can't attack while you have the ball, one valid strategy is to pass the ball to an enemy to make them unable to attack and start damaging them. However, don't try this strategy if the enemy you aim for is near your team's goal: they could kick the ball to it since they are close.
- If you notice the yellow dotted ring around an enemy, such as El Primo or Bull, chances are that they're trying to knock the ball out of your possession with their Super. If you see the yellow ring, pass the ball to a teammate, or alternatively, pass the ball to the enemy to try to make them waste their Super.
- There are some Brawlers that can travel with their Super such as Crow, El Primo and Darryl. Their Super can be used at desperate times to catch a speeding ball if correctly timed and positioned.
- Unlike regular attacks which come from the center of a Brawler's hitbox, the ball is passed from the edge of a Brawler's hitbox, meaning that when two or more Brawlers' hitboxes overlap with the ball carrier, the ball can be passed through them. For this reason, it is never necessary to walk the ball in. If you get close enough to the goal, you can just kick it through all the defenders and score.
- When a Brawler carrying the ball is defeated or is forced to drop it, the ball will bounce and roll slightly in a random direction. In certain situations, this small extra movement is enough for the ball to roll into a nearby goal.
- On 4/9/17, the Brawl Ball event was added to the game.
- On 7/12/17, fixed bugs where charging/jumping enemies could carry the ball while jumping, and turret and healing station blocked the ball. It is also now easier to pick up the ball on your own goal line. More Star Player points awarded for scoring a goal.
- On 18/12/17, fixed an issue where Darryl didn't get destroyed during roll after goal was scored.
- On 5/12/18, the Brawl Ball maps are now 4 tiles wider. The players now spawn behind the goal.
- On 29/1/19, the Brawlers now spawn inside the goal. Kicking the ball without Super now consumes ammo.
- On 6/2/19, the respawn time was increased to 7 seconds (from 5 seconds).
- On 15/4/19, fixed an issue that caused the ball to bounce from walls that were destroyed while the ball was moving after a kick. Own goal is attributed to the last player from the opposing team to touch the ball. When Penny's Star Powered mortar explodes after a goal it no longer shoots out cannonballs.
- On 11/6/19, fixed a bug that caused the ball to bounce from walls that were destroyed just before the ball hits them.
- On 29/8/19, pets (Turrets, Nita's bear etc.) can now see enemy Brawlers inside bushes if the Brawler is carrying the ball.
- On 23/10/19, fixed a bug that caused turrets to shoot strangely when the turret's target had the ball and was hiding in bushes.
- On 17/3/20, the ground effects such as Barley's Super no longer deal damage after a goal is scored (the visual effect still remains).
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Brawl Stars Championship • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge|
|Events||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Showdown • Duo Showdown • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Lone Star • Takedown • Present Plunder • Super City Rampage • Power Play|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Tickets • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins|