Bo is a Common Brawler unlocked as a Trophy Road reward upon reaching 3000 Trophies. He has moderate health, a moderately high damage output, and immense utility with his Super. He attacks by firing three long-ranged arrows that explode in a small radius at the end of their range. His Super places three traps that can be triggered to explode a moment later by being walked on by an enemy, damaging and knocking enemies back upon exploding. His first Gadget, Super Totem, places a totem that slowly charges the Supers of Bo and his allies while inside its area of effect. His second Gadget, Tripwire, manually detonates his traps. His first Star Power, Circling Eagle, increases his field of view into bushes. His second Star Power, Snare a Bear, causes his traps to stun enemies momentarily instead of knocking them back.
Bo shoots three explosive arrows at a long range that can deal moderately high damage to enemies within a small radius of the explosion. They are fired with a small sweeping spread from left to right. The attack takes 0.85 seconds to complete.
Super: Catch a Fox
Bo lobs an arrow over obstacles that lays three mines on the ground upon landing. The mines are momentarily shown, before becoming invisible to enemies until they are triggered, and the traps are still visible to teammates. They trigger when enemies travel on their radius and explode 1.15 seconds later, dealing damage, destroying nearby obstacles, and knocking back any enemies inside its 2 tile blast radius. When triggered, they will beep and flash before exploding.
Bo drops a small totem pole that will recharge his and any allies' Supers 5% per second within the area of affect. A total of 20 seconds is needed to recharge a full Super with this Gadget. The totem has 1000 health and a radius of 2.67 tiles. The previous totem is immediately destroyed if Bo places another totem. The charging effect will stack with other passive Super charging abilities like another Bo's totem and the passive Super charging abilities of Darryl and Edgar, such as Edgar’s Let’s Fly Gadget. The totem will be destroyed after 20 seconds.
Bo's traps will automatically explode 1.5 seconds after this Gadget's activation. This detonation has the same effect as when triggered by enemies, and activates Bo's Snare a Bear Star Power; however, enemies can’t see the mines before detonation.
This Star Power allows Bo and his team to see 5 tiles into bushes, instead of 2 tiles Brawlers normally get. This allows Bo and his allies to detect enemies in bushes before they can see him/them.
Snare a Bear
Bo's traps now stun enemies for 2 seconds instead of knocking them back, rendering them vulnerable. The stun does not stack; instead, it starts over when another mine hits an enemy.
- Bo's Super can be used to defend critical areas and choke points on the battlefield. Enemies heading in the area will take high damage when they step on the traps. It can be utilized to cover the Gem mine in Gem Grab to damage enemy Brawlers who are gathering Gems from it. It can also be used to cover key choke points in Showdown, zone(s) in Hot Zone and Bolt spawning areas in Siege, making Bo an ideal control Brawler.
- Bo’s fairly high health can be used to walk the Ball into the enemy goal in Brawl Ball. In addition, Bo’s traps can be used to destroy enemy cover and goalposts. Clearing up certain maps could be beneficial due to Bo’s relatively long range, especially if he has teammates with long-ranged abilities. Hence, Bo is a viable Brawler in Brawl Ball.
- Bo always shoots three arrows from left to right, so you can take advantage of this to control the spread of your arrows. If you want to concentrate fire in a small area, move left while firing, allowing more arrows to hit a single target. For an attack with more spread, move right. The space between each arrow will be increased, giving the attack a wider spread. However, the former strategy only works on stationary targets as Brawlers will most likely be moving and can thus dodge all three arrows.
- Bo's Circling Eagle is really useful on maps filled with bushes, with his doubled radius of vision in bushes. Some maps include Cavern Churn, Feast or Famine, NruhC nrevaC, Island Invasion, and Snake Prairie. Since you have a sight advantage, avoid getting close to tanks or other high-damaging Brawlers. Place his traps to cover the lane with only one passageway while you can cover the other side with your increased sight. When played properly, Bo can quite easily dominate bushy maps. This is really useful in 3v3, for his increased sight in bushes is shared with teammates too.
- Bo's traps can knockback enemies, so if placed correctly, it can knock enemies into the poison gas in Showdown. With Bo's Snare a Bear, Bo's traps will instead stun, giving you ample time to quickly defeat opponents without any risk of dying, making this effective in Knockout, Lone Star, and Bounty. In Duo Showdown, Bo can be used with a high-damaging Brawler, such as Darryl or Shelly to finish off a stunned enemy.
- Bo's traps can be lobbed over walls. This is great when you know there’s a Brawler hiding in a bush opposite to you behind a wall. Throw it ahead of them, so they’re forced to walk into it, as they cannot go through the wall unless their airborne or have a destructive Super charged up. With the Tripwire Gadget, you can deal immediate damage to them.
- Bo's Super Totem Gadget can be used near your team's spawn points to allow them to gain their Super before a team match. This also decreases the chance of the enemy team destroying your totem.
- Bo's Snare a Bear Star Power can come into great effect in several Special Events. If one is stunned, you and your teammates can deal massive damage to them temporarily without being targeted. This includes the Bosses in Super City Rampage, Robo Rumble and Boss Fight.
- When an enemy tries to disarm your traps, use Bo's Tripwire Gadget to catch them off guard and deal instant damage. Coupled with Bo's second Star Power, Bo can passively force enemies to not disarm his mines. This allows him to control open areas simply by selecting this Gadget.
- When Bo's Super is used, the third trap is set slightly after the other two. Thus, activating Bo's Tripwire Gadget immediately after using his Super only explodes two traps. In Brawl Ball, this can be used to explode walls or obstacles in front of the enemies' goal effectively, which makes it much easier to score. This also leaves one trap hidden until an enemy steps on it, so you can use the last trap for other strategies such as bait for the Ball.
- Try to use Bo's Tripwire Gadget before the enemy steps onto it, since the 1.5 second delay allows the enemy to escape. Also, note that the 1.5 second delay takes longer than its normal 1.15 seconds.
- If Bo manages to place his mines on the IKE turret in Siege or on the Heist safe, he can activate Tripwire as soon as he can to deal immediate high damage to the safe/IKE turret.
- Only use Super Totem in rather passive events like Bounty and Showdown where you can get the objective by simply by camping (in this case, near the totem to charge your Supers). Use Tripwire in other events that require you to achieve an active objective like Gem Grab and Siege because you can’t afford to stay near the totem for a long time when you should be working towards the objective of the game (in which, in the above examples, is collecting Gems and Siege Bolts), and you should make use of the control abilities Tripwire offers.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
Mecha: "Live strong, as the mountains."
"Live strong, as the mountains."
Mecha: "Patience is the key."
"Patience is the key."
Mecha: Bo groans
Mecha: "May you find peace."
"May you find peace."
Mecha: "The spirits are calling my name."
"The spirits are calling my name."
Mecha: Bo grunts
Mecha: "Fly, like an eagle!"
"Fly, like an eagle!"
Mecha: "I fight for my ancestors."
"I fight for my ancestors."
Mecha: "The weakness of the enemy makes our strength."
"The weakness of the enemy makes our strength."
Mecha: Bo groans
Mecha: "Let your spirit soar."
"Let your spirit soar."
Mecha: "I am one with nature."
"I am one with nature."
Mecha: Bo grunts
Mecha: "My aim is true."
"My aim is true."
Mecha: "I am guided by the spirits."
"I am guided by the spirits."
Mecha: "I have been blessed by the spirits."
"I have been blessed by the spirits."
Mecha: "There is no death, only a change of worlds."
"There is no death, only a change of worlds."
Mecha: "There is no end, only new beginnings."
"There is no end, only new beginnings."
Mecha: Bo grunts
Mecha: "My mind is clear."
"My mind is clear."
Mecha: "We must fight for peace!"
"We must fight for peace!"
Mecha: "The wind speaks to me."
"The wind speaks to me."
Mecha: Bo snarls
Mecha: "Day and night cannot dwell together."
"Day and night cannot dwell together."
Mecha: "There is much, to learn."
"There is much, to learn."
Mecha: Bo grunts
Mecha: "One breath, one shot."
"One breath, one shot."
Mecha: Bo yells
- Bo's reload time was made 13% faster.
- Bo's health was increased to 900 (from 800).
- Bo's reload speed was decreased to 1.7 seconds (from 2 seconds).
- Bo's rarity was changed to Super Rare (from Epic).
- His Super now deployed 4 mines (from 3).
- The radius of the mines was made to look visually larger.
- Bo's main attack damage was increased to 100 (from 80).
- His health was decreased to 800 (from 900).
- In addition, his Super now deployed 3 mines (from 4) and its mines no longer had a pushback effect.
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Bo's Star Power Circling Eagle was added.
- Bo's mines' damage was increased to 1440 (from 1200).
- They once again have a pushback effect.
- Bo's Star Power vision range was increased to 6 tiles (from 5 tiles).
- Bo's health was increased to 3600 (from 3200).
- Bo's mines explosion delay was decreased to 1.15 seconds (from 1.3 seconds).
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Bo's base movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- All Brawlers' projectile speeds are increased by 9%.
- Bo's main attack projectile size was increased by 40%.
- Bo's rarity was changed to Common (from Super Rare).
- Bo's main attack damage was increased to 420 (from 400).
- Bo's Star Power vision range was decreased to 4 tiles (from 6 tiles).
- His main attack damage was increased to 480 (from 420).
- He now has voice lines.
- Bo's main attack damage was increased to 500 (from 480).
- Bo was remodeled.
- Bo's main attack damage was increased to 520 (from 500).
- The number of hits necessary to charge his Super was decreased to 10 (from 11).
- Gold and Light Mecha Bo skins were added.
- The Mecha Bo skin was added.
- Bo's Star Power Snare a Bear was added.
- Bo's Circling Eagle vision range was increased to 5 tiles (from 4 tiles).
- Bo's Super now deploy the mines in a fixed pattern.
- Bo's Gadget Super Totem was added.
- The Horus Bo skin was added.
- Bo's Super deployment pattern is now correctly mirrored for both teams.
- Bo's Gadget Tripwire was added.
- The number of hits necessary to charge his Super was decreased to 9 (from 10).
- His Super charge rate decreased slightly from Super attack.
- Bo's Gadget Tripwire now has a 1.5 seconds delay after activation before the mines explode.
- The Underworld Bo skin was added.
- Fixed an issue where Bo's Tripwire didn't work when he was defeated while using Tripwire.
- The Warrior Bo Skin was unlockable by winning the Duo Showdown in-game challenge.
- Bo's Super Totem's effectiveness gets weaker the more it charges a player’s Super. The first Super charge is charged at full speed. Supers afterward charge 1% less per second until the Totem reaches a 50% reduced charging rate. The effect is tracked individually per player.
- Bo's main attack damage was increased to 560 (from 520).
- Bo, Warrior Bo, Horus Bo, Underworld Bo, and Mecha Bo received facial animations.
- Bo's Gadget Super Totem now gradually loses health overtime after being deployed until it's destroyed.
- The Super Totem no longer loses Super charging effectiveness over time.